Sketchbook: BluezAce's SB || Updated 3rd February 2011 - Page 3
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: BluezAce's SB || Updated 3rd February 2011

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I approve of the torsos

In that second Evangelion drawing, I think the monster should be bent back even more. Balance seems 'off' somehow.

I really enjoyed your environment sketches, it was like taking the trip with you You should definitely do more of those, even take photos of things you don't have time to draw so you can do it later (if you don't plan on going back or whatever). Oh, and it's good to know I'm not the only one who collects random junk from the streets!

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey dude, lol Monster Rancher, I have not seen that show in such a long time. lol thanks for posting the name Anywho you stuff is getting really good man. love the improvement a lot. How many hours do you practice a day? ment to stop by sooner, but I guess its better to be late then never at all

The Penvirates:: Xeon_OND :: PermaN00b:: Kamber Parrk :: Cygear ::Diarum

"Life itself is your teacher, and you are in a state of constant learning." -Bruce Lee

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Cool stuff mate, great anatomy practice, wish I could do that from memory!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Very nice anatomy stuff, man. Keep it up and you'll notice significant improvements for sure!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Been a long time since I could make any update. My laptop is all fine now, and I'm planning to upgrade it into Windows 7 tonight or tomorrow (I'm still using XP right now)! YAY!!

@sanarkis
    Thx so much, sanarkis! I'm trying hard to keep this momentum and struggling so I can draw more than before!!

@Sylwinar
    You're welcome, Sylwinar. I think I'll start drawing with Bammes too as soon as I got more free time (next week maybe)...

@Donna
    Hahahaha... Thx for the approval! And yes, I feel that the pose is a bit 'off' too. I ought to be because at first I intended to do gestural drawing only and didn't really think about balance. I'd like to redraw it when I had the chance.

And I'll try to do more trip when I have the chance, although taking a photo wouldn't be an option for me because I don't have a camera and so do my friends. Collecting some interesting junk is fun too hehehe

@Diarum
    I haven't see Monster Rancher for a long time too. Last time the anime running in my country was about 5 or 6 years ago when I was still in junior high school, that's why my drawing wasn't really catch the likeness

For now usually I could only draw about 4 hours everyday when I have class, and 5-6 hours in Saturday. The day I hate the most is Sunday, because it's really hard for me to find any time to draw (family stuff)

Thx for the compliment too!

@AlexTooth
    Thx for stopping by, AlexTooth! Your comment means that I should practice the anatomy from memory much more hoho

@alexson
    Thx, alexson! I'll try my best to keep it up!!

------------------------
    For update, mostly just imagination drawings yesterday and the day before that. I'll try to keep up the life-drawing after I finished my project for expo I'll held in 3 months...

Loomis and Bridgman study continued! (Not much for the Loomis though, because I forgot to scan it)
    Name:  Untitled_80.jpg
Views: 715
Size:  173.5 KB
    Name:  Untitled_82.jpg
Views: 728
Size:  157.3 KBName:  Untitled_89.jpg
Views: 720
Size:  188.1 KB

Imagination stuff. Just trying to imagine 3D form of a pokemon. Didn't really success because I don't watch Pokemon anime so I don't know how this monster really looks like, and I only have one picture as a reference
    Name:  Untitled_84.jpg
Views: 707
Size:  168.8 KBName:  Scizor.png
Views: 1631
Size:  36.2 KBName:  Untitled_85.jpg
Views: 687
Size:  125.8 KB
    Name:  Untitled_87.jpg
Views: 678
Size:  159.4 KB[Name:  Untitled_88.jpg
Views: 660
Size:  164.0 KB

Once again, trying to understand a character's form. Mr Though-Old-Bird from Loomis' book...
    Name:  Untitled_79.jpg
Views: 644
Size:  180.9 KB

Stuff I saw while browsing CA
    Name:  Untitled_86.jpg
Views: 620
Size:  203.7 KB

Btw, this is my girlfriend's drawing. She forced me to post it here hahaha
    Name:  Untitled_83.jpg
Views: 626
Size:  95.3 KB

Last but not least, stuff I drew with my girlfriend...
    Name:  Untitled_81.jpg
Views: 630
Size:  184.9 KB
    Conclusion: I need to study Spongebob!!!!! Muahahahahaha...

Last edited by BluezAce; June 19th, 2010 at 09:06 PM.
    Visit my Sketchbook!!

Don't forget to check out this hot SB too!!
    DSmith
    Seraph Fawkes
    Novbert

Finally I met some fellow comrade from Indonesia
    witcrack

Black Spot is online now Pew, Pew, Pew Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,370 Times in 3,593 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    You should mix your studies up with a few more still lives. They really help to get depth.

I didn't think it was possible to be called an artist when you have nothing to say. It's like being a writer who publishes individual words as books and expects to be praised for it.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Black Spot For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    @Black Spot
    Thx, ma'am! Going into my to-do list

---------------------------------------
    Btw, I've mention before about an "expo" that I'll hold. It's a kind of "show-off" event that will exhibit mine and my friends' works (including photography, visual design, and arts [illustration, comic, painting, paper art, etc]) to the new students who will enter my university in August.

I think I get about 3 projects to finish in this event. One of them is making the concept of the character that will become our "iconic" character in this expo. In the early meeting, we created a goal to make this expo into a kind of "tradition" that will be held over and over every generations in my university(an idealistic, big goal hahahaha... ), so I think my character would become something that famous in my university hehehe

The other two will be some kind of poster. This is an initial sketch of one of them... (Will trace it in A3 paper later)
    Name:  Untitled_90.jpg
Views: 594
Size:  194.1 KB

And the sketch studies of the heads (I haven't draw some of them)
    Name:  Untitled_91.jpg
Views: 586
Size:  144.0 KBName:  Untitled_92.jpg
Views: 569
Size:  135.9 KBName:  Untitled_93.jpg
Views: 567
Size:  132.0 KBName:  Untitled_94.jpg
Views: 565
Size:  113.1 KBName:  Untitled_95.jpg
Views: 564
Size:  130.0 KBName:  Untitled_96.jpg
Views: 555
Size:  120.1 KBName:  Untitled_97.jpg
Views: 564
Size:  121.5 KBName:  Untitled_98.jpg
Views: 555
Size:  118.2 KBName:  Untitled_99.jpg
Views: 550
Size:  101.1 KB

And yes, I'm a fool! Rendering the heads before I even finish the whole sketches!! I don't actually have any plan to "put this one here, and this one there", so I'm just going with the flow (wondering what character I'd love to draw, without thinking about value and color)... Woe in me...

Just go on to the Loomis study...
    Name:  UNTITLED_100.jpg
Views: 562
Size:  137.2 KBName:  Untitled_101.jpg
Views: 598
Size:  147.9 KB

And then anatomy study, the torso side view is from Bammes as Sylwinar suggested. I think Bammes is a lot easier to understand than Bridgman, especially after I got some basic understanding about torso (the only drawback is that the text is in German, so I don't have any single idea about what he wrote). The second is starting to touch Loomis' "Drawing The Head and Hands" like Wilko said before. Not really a study yet, just an introduction to that book hehehe
    Name:  Untitled_102.jpg
Views: 546
Size:  129.2 KBName:  Untitled_103.jpg
Views: 559
Size:  227.9 KB

Visit my Sketchbook!!

DSmith
    Seraph Fawkes
    Novbert

witcrack

Thanks
    Thanked 1,322 Times in 1,080 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Heh, you tried comparing still life with life drawing; i too thought it could have at least a few similarities, but it's so different!
    Your subject won't stand still, and i mean still for even 10 seconds, do they

But that aside, i really like your studies, especially your after life ones.
    I also see you working hard on your lookis! I never saw someone do all of them like you do!!

Don't stop posting, you're on your way to awesomeness!!

Sketchbook

Portfolio

Danny_K Icecold

"Good artists are the crappy artists who never gave up!!"

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for visiting my sketchbook!

WHAM! Those studies are greaaat I giggled when I say you study Scizor. You gotta love or hate pokemon. Why not make it into an animal that could exist in our world. What if Scizor was an animal, how would he look like in our word. Use existing animals as reference..... If you want too

Keep up the good work

11. The Following User Says Thank You to LostFayth For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,322 Times in 1,080 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Yep, yep, gotta agree with lost here, that would be an interesting idea.

Might i add a mentoring thread that has some nice animal anatomy and exercises: http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=107182

And also:

http://www.conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=46874
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=79673

But i did saw you draw a fine horse on the other page, so i'm not sure how useful those will be.
    Still, i thought they're worth mentioning.

Sketchbook

Portfolio

Danny_K Icecold

"Good artists are the crappy artists who never gave up!!"

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Cristina Zabava For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hello, thank you for visiting my sketchbook.

I see that you are hadnling Loomis studies well, i find the too methodical and harsh ( in vading my mind ( i know it sounds weird) ) But you're doing it.
    You draw ornaments and stuff pretty well too i sense that you can become a good designer. You have something that tells me that. cheers.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Icecold For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Sorry for not commenting this week,I am surprised how much of my time is consumed doing concept art!
    Helluvalot of studies,you're doing it right!Great studies,the Loomis stuff looks good and the faces are getting better!
    Keep it up!

MY SKETCHBOOK
    Friends' sketchbooks:
    Novbert
    BluezAce
    CarlSpringer

LtPlissken

"Storytelling is my passion.Shadows and lights are my muse.Art is my first love"-Shawn Martinbrough

http://www.freerice.com/-Help the starving by playing a trivia-each right answer means 10 grains of rice for the starving people!

http://durian.blender.org/-Awesome 3D movie project with Blender,a free 3D software!Check it out!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    cool start hear....do sketching daily....more n more...get succeed..., n thanks 4 stopping on me tc.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Your sketches and studies are comin' right along Great work!

If you want to change things up, you could do a few animal studies -- it can help with monsters, robots, etc.

Keep drawing!

Look, see! Nifty art! http://www.conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=99803

Hey! Check out my blog here

Black Spot is online now Pew, Pew, Pew Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nice pencil work. Your lines in the last ones are very nice.

I didn't think it was possible to be called an artist when you have nothing to say. It's like being a writer who publishes individual words as books and expects to be praised for it.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ugh... Long time not having able to connected to internet

@BlackDelphin
    You're right about the life-drawing! Pretty annoying sometimes, but I think it's important in order to be able to understand "the essence" of a pose in a short time

Thx for the compliment! Good artist are the crappy artist who able to make other say "Never saw someone do like you do". Hahahaha...
    I'm not a good artist yet though, but I will!!

And thx for the links too! Have been looking for MOAI's mentoring for a while. A great guy he is!

@LostFayth
    Sure will do when I have the chance (Put it in my to-do list... God, I get many things to do in my list!!). It will be really exciting! I've been in love Pokemon since I was a child! I'll let you know when I finally mix Scizor and reality hohoho

@Icecold
    Wow, your words really cheer me up, Icecold! Thx you! And different people have different methods to learn and create, that's what I love about drawing!!

@DSmith
    Hehehe thx bro! It's okay for the comment, just keep drawing! Busy weeks for me too around these days

@Bharat
    Sure, Bharat! Will keep drawing everyday and force myself to draw more!

@AmontilladoAg
    Yosh! You're right, AmontilladoAg! By working with my project now (it involve drawing different things like monster, robot, etc), I finally know how refreshing and exciting it is to learn to draw many different things!

@Black Spot
    Glad you like it! I think for now I could only do that because they're copy/study from book, but in the future I'm sure I can create drawings like that by myself!

--------------------
    Didn't really draw much this many days. Caught a flu, family problem, too much playing in my friend's house, etc etc... Bah, many excuses! I hate it!!

A little bit of doodling around thinking about the avatar of the expo. Not that we will use this, but only to jut down the ideas
    Name:  Untitled_109.jpg
Views: 501
Size:  156.0 KBName:  Untitled_113.jpg
Views: 485
Size:  131.1 KB

Sketches for the project I'm working on...
    Name:  Untitled_105.jpg
Views: 494
Size:  149.2 KBName:  Untitled_106.jpg
Views: 496
Size:  193.5 KBName:  Untitled_107.jpg
Views: 486
Size:  115.6 KBName:  Untitled_108.jpg
Views: 479
Size:  172.1 KBName:  Untitled_110.jpg
Views: 469
Size:  200.0 KBName:  Untitled_111.jpg
Views: 479
Size:  119.1 KBName:  Untitled_112.jpg
Views: 486
Size:  119.5 KBName:  Untitled_114.jpg
Views: 468
Size:  161.2 KBName:  Untitled_115.jpg
Views: 473
Size:  178.5 KBName:  Untitled_116.jpg
Views: 469
Size:  150.3 KB

And the little progress I made...
    Name:  Untitled_104b.jpg
Views: 466
Size:  211.9 KB

------------------------------------
    A bit of my ranting, some realization I had. Sorry if anyone read it and feel confused, since I couldn't really express my thoughts and feelings in words..

Having stay in my friend's home for a while, and one of the night we got my friend's client came (my friend was a kind of visual designer). The client once ordered my friend to make few brochures and name card, and that night he came to see the initial design and give another brief.
    Well... maybe it was my bad too afterall, I tend to be "too honest" about everything. I often speak things up about what I think/feel/percieve without even holding back. And that time I did it. Not an offensive comment actually, just my personal opinion, but yeah... The client seemed offended with my "personal opinion" and I almost had a deadlock with him. I decided to shut up, and the atmosphere didn't really feel good after that.
    Later, I and my friend had a little discussion. He had been into design bussiness from years before and knew many things better for me (like setting up bussiness, dealing with client, etc etc). We talk about client, bussiness, reality and idealism. Sometimes the idealism of art and beauty had to let reality/bussiness/money win, and oftentimes we had to let client win (afterall, it's their money and it's their project)...

Not that I say "Art always have to win" or I'm offended by his (and the client's) opinion, but I'm just amazed. I never give a thought about "reality" or "money" or even "idealism of art". I just found it strange that I hear something like that, it was like for just a glimpse I saw the world from another perspective. Some new perspective that never had been exist in my "world"...

I had never give a thought about something like "reality" or "money" or even "idealism of art" when I draw, or when I enjoy the world, or when I imagine my future...
    And I was happy...
    What other people may call "idealism", something that so high and unworldly and dreamy, it just something simple that I just live with every single day. It's not that high and kind of hard-to-get. It's just something that so familiar and close to me. Something I do everyday. Something that just like eating or breathing. A habit and I live with it...

I don't know about another people, but I had never give a thought about "offering my drawing/art to only please client so I can get his money and live with it". I want to someday be able to make a living from drawing, of course. But it's a kind of "I'm able to express myself, that my works touch people's heart when they see it". It just like a spirit that I get when I read a really good novel or comic. Spare the money crap, and we get universal language that speaks to our heart.

People may call it a dream, an idealism, or whatever. money never speak to my heart. It's creating something new that makes my heart beating hard. It's thinking about what project I'll do next that makes my brain spinning around excitedly. It's giving birth to an idea and bring it to reality with my hands that makes my chest filled with proud....
    I'm not a good artist. I'm just nobody right now. I have no money, no prestigious status, or whatever shit people may care about. Maybe I'm just a dreamy boy, or an ideallist, or never-know-the-reality, or whatever people may judge me. But the purest and most honest voice in my deepest heart always say "I JUST WANT TO CREATE". And I'm happy I always hear it...

Good luck everyone in CA!!

Visit my Sketchbook!!

DSmith
    Seraph Fawkes
    Novbert

witcrack

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BluezAce For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow, you're rockin' this stuff. Those studies of individual characters are great! Keep it up. I can't wait to see the compilation picture.

My Sketchbook-Deviant Art - Livejournal

"Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional." - Buddhist Saying

Thanks
    Thanked 1,051 Times in 586 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Great head and anatomy studies, and I love your character drawings. Be careful with the value pattern on that last piece- the linework looks great on it, but the areas with the values dropped in are getting a little hard to read. Might be something that solves itself once you add color of course, can't say for sure, but at this stage it could use some simplifying.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    @DBZMerciter2005
    Long time no see, sis! Thx for dropping by! Did the individual studies in order to understand the key features of those characters. I'll try hard to finish that project in the end of this week!

@Sidharath Chaturvedi
    Thx the compliment! And true, I didn't really consider much about value when I draw it. I was just thinking, "Oh, let's have some fun and draw what I want" hahaha...

--------------
    Update: A commision from my friend (not that I'll recieve any payment actually, he just asked me to draw it). Ir Soekarno, my country's first and greatest president, although I didn't get much likeness from this drawing. This sketch will be the basic design of the T-shirt for the seniors in new student's orientation-week. The one who will design the shirts is not me, so I just make this one without polished finishing...

In order from left: Initial sketch - Had an idea - Design preview (some 10-minutes editing in photoshop)
    Name:  Untitled_117.jpg
Views: 448
Size:  106.3 KBName:  Untitled_118.jpg
Views: 447
Size:  119.9 KBName:  Untitled_119.jpg
Views: 441
Size:  130.9 KB

----------------------
    Last week I asked Novbert about drawing in simple line/shape, and he replied with a great answer. I decided to repost it here, so someone else can read this useful information

Quote Originally Posted by Novbert's PM, 24th June 2010
    Hi man!

I couldn't decide whether I should answer the question you've asked in my SB there or in your SB, so I decided to write a PM instead. Hope you don't mind.

Drawing with simple lines is an extremely huge topic and it really takes years to master. What I can recommend is studying other people's work and trying to understand how they create those effects you find impressive.
    To be honest I was a bit confused when I read your question on how to create clean simple lineart as that's what you're currently doing, man! The stuff you're creating is one of the cleanest ones I've seen from a beginner for a long-long time. Any of your figure drawing is a good example. Like this one. You can call it whatever you want but what I see is damn clean linework. Okay, there are some confidence issues here and there, but generally it looks pretty good. Keep doing it and you'll get there soon.
    About the pics you linked: It's kinda tricky 'cause none of them are pure linearts. There are soft greys here and there on the first one and even some indication of skin color on the second one. You could say it's really subtle, but learning to play with subtle adjustments (and recognize them in other people's work) is an essential thing for an artist. Those barely recognizable shadings boost those pics a lot.
    On the other hand the stuff you linked - especially the second one is pretty damn far from being simple. If you look closely - or try to do a copy, I mean a master study of that girl - you'll realize how complex it is. A whole lot of differently weighted lines are used here. Stronger, weighted lines for the contours, very thin lines for crosshatching at shaded parts, flats for the darkest parts and blood on the neck, brighter lines for the clouds in the background and so on. The only reason it looks simple is because each individual line is simple on its own (generally no more complex than an S or C curve)and the whole pic has a fairly simple underlying structure. So okay it's simple, but its simplicity is mostly below the complex surface.

How to create this kind of stuff? First you'll need a brush-pen I guess and tons of time to practice. Of course you can try to reproduce such effect with a pencil but I guess it's much harder if not impossible to create the same effect with a pencil. Secondly: read through a bunch of tutorials, check other artist's works and do master studies. Trying to reproduce another artist's work as good as possible is a really good way to think about and finally figure out how he achieved that particular effect. Unfortunately there aren't too many lineart tutorials out there but these can be good for a starter:
    - a nice tutorial on applying line weights, flat shades, crosshatching and other stuff
    - One of the best lineart video tutorials (it also has a second part!)
    - another lineart video on how to place all those lines on a basic structure and create a full-blown rendering
    - only partially related but good tutorials on how to create caricatures using basic shapes and simple line setup
    - Step by step process of a Spiderman cover with descripiton - the gallery of this guy is also worth checking
    - and a buttload of inspirational pics from the greatest line artist

Well.. I'm not sure whether I answered your question or not - but I hope I have
    Peace!

Novbert

Last edited by BluezAce; June 30th, 2010 at 04:25 AM.
    Visit my Sketchbook!!

DSmith
    Seraph Fawkes
    Novbert

witcrack

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I really, really enjoy the cartoon character studies! It's an interesting way to get a grasp of 3D, I'll have to try it. Plus you get to draw all the amazing characters you like. It has my seal of approval!

What you said in your little rant is so very true, and I can relate to it so, so much! I'm finishing my studies of Graphic design and at this point, I'm sick of it - at the end of the day, the client wins, unless you're really, really lucky to have a bit of freedom with the designs. I know marvelous designers who don't show half of their commissioned stuff because it's crap - because the client wanted neon green background with pink polka dots or whatever.

A big dream of mine is to be able to express myself and work my own way. Money was never a big motivator for me either. Let's work towards that dream together!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Your rant is the reason I never went into architecture (thought I might combine art with my maths skills) - so many people with bad taste. Hold your dreams as there are many different paths in art and you may reach them one day, even if you have to bite your tongue along the way. Enjoy learning and have fun while you can.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Friggin awesome sketchbook. And great improvements.

"Success is going from failure to failure without a loss of enthusiasum." Cliff Blezenski

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Great stuff,that poster is coming along nicely!I also love these cartoon character studies,I might do some of them sometime!
    That last design looks pretty cool also,keep it up!

MY SKETCHBOOK
    Friends' sketchbooks:
    Novbert
    BluezAce
    CarlSpringer

LtPlissken

"Storytelling is my passion.Shadows and lights are my muse.Art is my first love"-Shawn Martinbrough

http://www.freerice.com/-Help the starving by playing a trivia-each right answer means 10 grains of rice for the starving people!

http://durian.blender.org/-Awesome 3D movie project with Blender,a free 3D software!Check it out!

Where bears with balalaykas are on the Red Square
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey man! I should say that your pencils are getting better with each update! True, life studies are important, but imaginery stuff good already! Keep it up!

P.S. would love to see some photos from dat expo, and wish you luck there!

ThomasM is offline Artist in training.... Level 11 Gladiator: Essedarii
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,024 Times in 879 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    definitely agree with Seraph Fawkes about this sb man, your pencils are awesome, definitely keep it up! Some nice studies in here too, so you are obviously working hard.

Sketchbook: INSATIABLE CURIOSITY

Tumblr:http://lovegraphite.tumblr.com/

"We make our own fortunes and we call them fate" - Benjamin Disraeli

LORD M is offline That guy from the cheer me up thread Level 13 Gladiator: Retiarius
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,790 Times in 1,165 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Heyo Blue! You gave a really great impression with that comic on the first page, a shame I couldn't read it because it looks really intresting.

Browsing through your sketchbook I can see improvement, your figures have gotten more volume and aint as stiff as before. And you seem to really determined to become an artist, I like that!

You should do more shading studies, one that I can recommend is that you can squint your eyes when looking at an object and then you can really pick out the darkest hues and "see" the shape of the object. Make these darkest areas first and then add lighter tones. When I started doing this a couple of weeks ago I felt I kinda saw things in a new way, for thee better. I can recommend practising on black and white photos.

Never stop, not even when you drop!

"I wish to paint in such a manner as if I were photographing dreams" - Zdzislaw Beksinski
    My Happy Little Sketchbook, please check it out and help me get better!

My TUMBLR!

32. The Following User Says Thank You to LORD M For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Finally I'm able to be back!!!
    This month isn't a good month for me. Early in this month (since my last post) I couldn't draw for almost 2 weeks! What a hell-week! I don't know how it ended up like that. It seemed that all people in my life wanted me to do something for them. My family, my friends, my girlfriend, my relatives whom usually I didn't see, even people who I just met. I could barely find any time for myself... It's just didn't feel right. For months I always forced myself to draw everyday. Eventually I always think drawing had became just like breathing or eating, it almost like I need to draw to stay alive. When I couldn't draw for those 2 weeks, it drove me crazy, literally. At first it was just felt itchy feeling in my body. Then slowly as more days passed and I still couldn't find any time to draw, I began to feel angry, sad, disappointed, frustrated, and another negative feelings. Sometimes all those feelings mixed up and completely paralyzed my mind so I didn't know what to think and what to feel, another times one feeling built up until extremely painful and I couldn't bear it. And the worst thing was I had to appear "normal" in front of most people. There were times when I really wanted to cry, or scream, or throw things around me, or hit my head to the wall. There were times when my head got a damn headache and I barely could stand, or when I couldn't breath as if my throat were being choked, or I feel the air was so suffocating, or my chest felt so heavy. Many projects and studies were abandoned because of those 2 weeks, which is my biggest refgret now. I'm just glad that finally I'm able to have some space and fresh air so I could draw again, even if that means I have to stay awake till 4 AM. And somehow I'm grateful that I got something from those 2 week, which is the guts to draw anytime anywhere, even when it's blind midnight and I'm dead exhausted because of the day. I'm still drawing...
    Conclusion: Not drawing is bad for my health, both mentally and pysically

Got to go. Will definitely answer the comments on my next post!

------------------------------------------------------------
    Update: Doodles doodles doodles to start drawing again after such a hibernation. Trying to befriend with marker too
    Name:  Untitled_120.jpg
Views: 384
Size:  81.1 KBName:  Untitled_121.jpg
Views: 384
Size:  71.6 KBName:  Untitled_122.jpg
Views: 383
Size:  83.6 KBName:  Untitled_123.jpg
Views: 375
Size:  92.9 KBName:  Untitled_124.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  89.7 KBName:  Untitled_125.jpg
Views: 378
Size:  104.4 KBName:  Untitled_126.jpg
Views: 369
Size:  117.4 KB
    Name:  Untitled_127.jpg
Views: 375
Size:  100.3 KBName:  Untitled_129.jpg
Views: 370
Size:  110.3 KBName:  Untitled_130.jpg
Views: 369
Size:  137.2 KBName:  Untitled_131.jpg
Views: 378
Size:  128.2 KB

A simple 100-poses challenge I did to start motivating me drawing again (well, I think I wouldn't finish this one because I'd forget it pretty soon hehehe )
    Name:  Untitled_128.jpg
Views: 363
Size:  105.1 KBName:  Untitled_132.jpg
Views: 366
Size:  97.0 KB

Continuing Loomis study
    Name:  Untitled_133.jpg
Views: 364
Size:  150.1 KBName:  Untitled_134.jpg
Views: 358
Size:  126.7 KB
    Name:  Untitled_135.JPG
Views: 355
Size:  85.0 KB

Still-life drawing I did this morning. Will finish it in 2-3 days
    Name:  Untitled_136.jpg
Views: 352
Size:  78.8 KB

Last edited by BluezAce; July 14th, 2010 at 06:32 AM.
    Visit my Sketchbook!!

DSmith
    Seraph Fawkes
    Novbert

witcrack

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Update: In hurry right now, will edit this post to answer the comments (so many comments )

Little study from Loomis' Drawing Heads and Hands
    Name:  Untitled_137.jpg
Views: 342
Size:  231.1 KB

Doodling as usual
    Name:  Untitled_138.jpg
Views: 332
Size:  122.0 KBName:  Untitled_139.jpg
Views: 341
Size:  84.5 KBName:  Untitled_140.jpg
Views: 337
Size:  65.0 KBName:  Untitled_141.jpg
Views: 334
Size:  117.7 KBName:  Untitled_142.jpg
Views: 349
Size:  47.6 KB

The progress of my still-life and my expo-project (by the time I upload this, the spaces between those heads has been completely filled. At last I've finished the hardest part of this project!! The next part is easy; sketching few stuff and then the finishing stage hehehe...
    Name:  Untitled_143.jpg
Views: 339
Size:  165.7 KBName:  Untitled_144.jpg
Views: 337
Size:  124.9 KB

Visit my Sketchbook!!

DSmith
    Seraph Fawkes
    Novbert

witcrack

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Love the variety of your SB man. That expo project is turning out awesome!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The poster is lookin good!

Also I love how you doodle pokemon haha
    Keep up the studies as well!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 1