young artist looking for critique

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Exclamation young artist looking for critique

hello! i am a fourteen year old artist looking for some critique on my current work. things i have issues with are composition and style. don't be afraid to be super harsh, because i have a lot of time to improve!

Thankyou!

~E.S

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I think these are very good, exept cat character that is a copy. I would suggest that you keep working on this track and keep posting

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Welcome Ebony!

I think, at the mo, its too early to be commenting on style. As you grow as an artist, your style will come to you, as you learn different techniques.

- it does NOT matter that the cat was a copy (if it was) This style of character, must have been drawn a thousand times. As long as you didnt steal it, but referenced it, its all good with me.

I would like to see some pencil work from you, sketches, drawings from life etc, as well as stuff from your imagination and what inspires you. If you havent done already, start a sketch thread in the Sketchbook forum, and keep it up to date as often as you can. That way, YOU can track your work, and get critiques from other members (as well as here, but this forum is for specific pieces of work)

I'd say to you, looking at the paintings above, is to explore color more. Dont be afraid - experiment! If you need to know more about Color theory, check out the Tutorial section - theres some threads in there with basic info about it all!

Keep at it!

Mx

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yeah, definitely draw from life more. I drew a lot at your age but I really only focused on ~~~my imagination~~~ and I seriously feel like every time I draw a sphere I'm being punished for it, haha. Your compositions and colors aren't bad. The only advice I have is just draw. COPY everything you see. Try to understand anatomy. Become confident in your artistic abilities; you're already pretty good. Seriously, as punitive as it is, really, really focus on mastering the basics and then branching steadily outwards. By all means, express yourself as much as you want, it's still a hobby, but learn to express yourself in the capacity of life studies as well.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.