Thread: Karate Kid

Thanks

Karate Kid

Just saw a trailer.. can someone explain to me how a movie about kid going to China and begin tutored in Kung Fu by a Chinese guy is called.. the KARATE kid?

LOL..so glad I'm older and got to see all these classic original films the first time in theaters in the 80s.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Don't ask. I facepalmed the first time I found out. It's actually even worse in a way, because Chinese people don't like being mistaken for Japanese (hello, WWII war crimes) and even moreso for kung-fu to be mistaken/ignored/ab libbed as karate. There's a world of difference between both martial arts, too.

Thanks
    Yea I heard they are making a bio-pic about Mike Tyson's boxing career. The working title is "The Jiu-Jitsu boy"

Thanks
    When I saw this trailer in a theater I was intrigued. I thought a film about a black kid growing up in China could be very interesting. But then the martial arts started.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ShroudStar View Post
    Don't ask. I facepalmed the first time I found out. It's actually even worse in a way, because Chinese people don't like being mistaken for Japanese (hello, WWII war crimes) and even moreso for kung-fu to be mistaken/ignored/ab libbed as karate. There's a world of difference between both martial arts, too.
    "Well, that's Hollywood for you..." - My Sifu. We'll probably still send a demo team out for it, lol
    "Twisted by the dark side, young Artist has become. The boy you trained, gone he is... consumed by Deviantart."
    Please, visit my SB ~ N E C R O S K E T C H I K O N ! [Updated :: November 2011]
    My DeviantArt Profile: http://dyspezzia.deviantart.com/
    My Portfolio:
    http://www.pezzworks.com

Thanks
    Played by Will Smith's kid. And Jackie Chan as the mentor.

Oh yeah, this is going to be a gem.
    My Self-Portraits

"Work for your self first. You can paint best the things you like or the things you hate. You cannot paint well when indifferent.
    Express a mental opinion about something you are sensitive to in life around you. There is a profound difference between sensitivity and sentimentality."

~ John Sloan Gist of Art

Thanks
    Thanked 4,262 Times in 2,074 Posts
    Well that was their kid in Pursuit of Happyness. - Who knows, Will Smith tends to pick out good movies so we'll see how that goes for his kid.

All Blacks are either angry, loud and/or comic relief in Hollywood. God forbid any of them show up on Avatar to be something like a Scientist...nah they're all muscleheads that say funny stuff like "meals on wheels".

About all Asians can't be romantic but they know how to pull out martial arts. Who cares *what style and actual country*. Plus you got AnyAsian -regardless of what actual country they can be Chinese if they're actually Korean or whatnot. No one really knows