Join 500,000+ Artists
Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!
Is there even a difference? Because I cant notice a thing that is different between these two photoshop apps. I have photoshop v. 7.0 and photoshop elements v.6.0 and i don't see what the difference is between them.Maybe you know of something that one program has that the other one doesn't.
From here: http://graphicssoft.about.com/cs/pho...ntscompare.htm
* CMYK and LAB color modes
* More tools and features that work with high-bit (16-bit and 32-bit) images
* Combine multiple exposures to create high dynamic range (HDR) images
* Channels Palette
* Recording custom Actions (for batch processing)
* Adjustments: Color Balance, Match Color
* Layer Masks, Layer Comps, and Quick Mask mode
* Smart Objects, Smart Guides
* Lens Blur Filter
* Vanishing Point Tool
* Pen tool and paths palette
* Some adjustment layers (curves, color balance, selective color, channel mixer)
* Editing History Log
* Text on a path, advanced text formatting
* Advanced Layer Style manipulation
* Advanced Color Management
* Advanced Web features (rollovers, slicing)
* Customizable tool presets, keyboard shortcuts, and menus
* In the features and tools that are shared, the Photoshop version usually offers more advanced options for fine tuning and control.
All of that is pretty accurate.
If you're just going to use it for digital painting and coloring or sketching, elements will be fine for you. Many of these are more sophisticated tools that are more applicable to photographers than digital painters, although I admit there are quite a few on this list that I do use, like layer masks, adjustments, and especially layer style manipulation.