Hybrid View

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Smile Charmer's Thread! PRACTICE!

Hell-o!

For the most recent work you can hit the last page

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Charmer; February 4th, 2014 at 09:49 AM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Another piece of work.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Did a digital painting. was a try to get the horse in mind and onto the tablet.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hello Tasser, and welcome to CA,
    Talent is over-rated my friend. Hard work and perseverance will get you farther.
    Take a look at these free (my favorite price!) e-books courtesy of Briggsy.
    They will certainly provide you with something to chew on..
    Your goals are clearly defined, and that's great. Getting the discipline when your young is key. I really fu...screwed around when I was younger...I'm getting it now that I'm old and grey, and somewhat retarded.
    Good luck!
    ~Zombifried
    zombifried's sketchbook

"Try not. Do or do not!! There is no try"
    -Yoda, The Empire Strikes Back

zombifried's sketchbook
    zombifried's sculpture thread

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zombifried For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thank you very much! I Knew the thread with those free ebooks. But there is one problem: I really don't know where to start because there are so much of them

CA.org is the best way for me to learn, and the crazy thing is, that I'm learning here in some different ways. I learn to improve my art, my english and my discipline. I am no guy who's dropping everything off if I can't get the best results fastly. But I don't do enough for those things I like and I really need to change that.

And when I am here in the forums I get this "WOW - that's so amazing"-effect like every day or every second.

greets,
    Flo
    I LOVE CA.org ;-)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi Tasser,
    In the free ebook thread, the anatomy books by George Bridgman are very helpful to any artist studying anatomy. The Loomis book is a good one also.
    Those alone should really give you enough to work with for the time being.

"Try not. Do or do not!! There is no try"
    -Yoda, The Empire Strikes Back

zombifried's sketchbook
    zombifried's sculpture thread

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    It's great that you're setting goals for yourself. Just remember to do as much as you possibly can; you can't go easy on yourself at all. I'd recommend starting with a book like Fun With a Pencil or Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain. Also get a figure drawing book such as Bridgman's complete guide to drawing from life as a sort of drawing bible to study from. Anatomy will be very important to learn, as will perspective (check out the book Drawing Essentials too for sure)

In addition to that, just draw from life all the time and from imagination. Try doing a couple self portraits every week; try constructing figures from boxes, study master's works and copy them. Finally, apply what you learn into your imaginative drawing. Good luck man.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    heyho again :-)

The Bridgeman ebooks on archieve.com are resticted. "the human machine" is restricted and the other one in top of the free ebooks thread is broken. I'll try another pdf-viewer, got sumatraPDF but i think its not the viewer. I'll give it a try. Which PDF reader are you using? I hate the adobe reader, because it's sooo slow.

Thanks Jeremy, I'm just sketching and painting when I am at school, at home, on the phone sometimes, when I sit down in the train to go to my girlfriend or when I am tired but aint tired enough to go to bed.

Thanks, I'll keep it all up. It's time for a change and I need to get better.

greets,
    Flo

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Well, people have covered anatomy but I do have this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKITQ6aR020
    He just talk in that one but he has some helpful tips in other videos, there’s some good stuff on perspective. I don’t know in which numbers he covers perspective but it will probably be good to make your way through them anyway.

Just be a drawing madman, never ask yourself if you want to draw but ask yourself what you would like to draw today. Don’t give yourself an option to get out if it

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    some "fun with a pencil" practice.

Last edited by Charmer; August 2nd, 2010 at 09:17 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    New upload. 20 Minutes of imagination in PS.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I need a lot practice and I need some good ebooks or workshops for that stuff.

What do you think should I learn in the next time? Anatomy, okay. But other stuff? Don't really know. I have the time to practice all day so that's not the problem. I need to know WHAT I have to do. Third day of tryin' portraits. I'm getting better but It isn't enough for me.

What do you think about mentoring here at CA.org? I think It would be a lot easier in the beginning with a mentor.

Hope you like my stuff in any way.

Greets,
    Flo

Last edited by Charmer; June 2nd, 2010 at 01:18 PM.

kojot is offline Please!! simple english ^^ Level 5 Gladiator: Myrmillo
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    make from studies from life or try to sketch your face it's really helpfully to train your drawing skill

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for that tip kojot! As you can see I painted my face some times. And my girlfriend's, too. Here is a bit of digital art, but i really need a lot of more practice. Pretty rough, need to get better at painting males and females.

Greets,
    Flow

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Need more stuff for anatomy, do you know an adress for a lot of poses?

Greets,
    Flo

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Bridgman human skeleton study

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Believe in yourself first

I believe you are already on your way to being a great artist, because you have a goal and the will to make it happen. You believe in yourself, and when others see this, they believe too. If I have any advice its this: RELAX AND ENJOY the journey, its going to last your whole lifetime. I don't think you need to force yourself to do anything. Inspiration comes when you find you've got something to say. Just find what you are interested in, (what floats your boat), and then you'll find ways to improve on your own abilities. Asking others for advice is fine, but only you know what it is you wanna say! GO FOR IT!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks, magicpudding! I think I understand what you're saying. My mean problem is, that I need to find something which I can draw, I really don't know what I should draw - if I have a little Idea, its not a problem to raise it to a big one with good and tons of ideas.

Let me tell you a little story:
    When I was about...hm... I think about 11 years old, I did not listen to some special music. And even I did not paint everyday. But I came to a cd-shop and some Artworks of the albums really impressed me. I really liked it and I directly bought some cd's. I've seen the Album "Infest" of Papa Roach because it was really interesting in the first moment. I listened quickly into it, bought it. I've seen the Chocolate Starfish of Limp Bizkit and I bought it, but I don't listen a lot of those bands anymore. My thing really fast went to Metal, Rock, Alternative, Hardcore, Post-Hardcore and so on. Just pretty cool Rockmusic.

And there it was: my inspiration. Some of the album artworks looked sooo goddamn cool to me - I wanted to do something like this by myself, but I never believed that this is possible.

When I was 15 then, I've got my first electric guitar and started to play without a teacher. Just with some help from the internet and so on. Some years later with about 17 I had my first band with which we played some live shows and released a demo CD called "Apocalypse". I did first the logo and because that band was not the biggest band ever, we decided to take a look what happens if I do the artwork. I had no Idea and no experience, but I tried it out. If I can find it, I will post it here for you.

Then I had my next band, called "Eyes Turn Black" for which I did the Logo, Myspacedesign and so on. Everything goes forward. But I remarked, that there is the need for changes.

I never really was behind what I want to do, but now I am. I don't know why and from where the idea came out of my mind, but it's there and I want to be a better artist and I am ready to work hard on that.

Sorry for my bad english anyway, I need to fix that but I think CA.org helps me with this a lot, too. Cheerio dudes. I'll keep on posting.

Thanks.
    Flow

Last edited by Charmer; May 19th, 2010 at 07:52 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Just an imagination of light and shadow or heaven and hell or whatever you want to distinguish.

15-20 minutes for the sketch and about 10 minutes for the colour.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Circular design adds a harmonious quality to this drawing. Looks like it could be made into a piece of jewellery. To me its a design more than a sketch, a plan of something. Hey! And I wish I could speak more than 1 language, so don't worry about your language skills.

Keep posting!!

What's taters precious? Po - tay - toes!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by tasser View Post
    Thanks, magicpudding! My mean problem is, that I need to find something which I can draw, I really don't know what I should draw - if I have a little Idea, its not a problem to raise it to a big one with good and tons of ideas.
    Hey dude, cool stuff you've got going here. You've definately got a spark.

As for things to draw.. Draw your leg, hand, table, pencil, computer, the bird flying by, a leaf, the busstop, a potato etc. There are more than enough things out there to draw. You just don't see them as things to draw atm. I read somewhere that anything you draw will help, so draw everything/anything.

Keep it up.

"It is well known that a vital ingredient of success is not knowing that what you're attempting can't be done. A person ignorant of the possibility of failure can be a halfbrick in the path of the bicycle of history." ~ Terry Pratchett

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks man, I don't know why but I had the Idea with a circle and easy said "black and white" oder "heaven and hell" or something like that. But I really need to get those things better. I wish I was better. But I'm still working.

Thanks, I really appreciate that you take the time to take a look and write me. Do you have an own Sketchbook? Well, I try to find it through your account informations

Thanks again,
    Flo

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    quick tablet dragon sketch went into a 30 minute photoshop session
    not 100% happy with it for now

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    does anybody know good stuff about environment? videos, somekinda tutorials or something? I will get the anatomy done anyway but I really need to do some environmentals, too.

greetings,
    Flo

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    pretty rough forest try

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    some Sketches of Human faces. Need to get pretty much better with the eyes and the mouth.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Dragon sketch, colour and a little bit of shading and light. 4 steps.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Everything is possible. If you want to learn anatomy, then get a book about the human figure. Study it for some time, till you are confident about every bone and muscle body has. It's a lot of hard work, but it's the only way
    Like everything worth in life, nothing comes over night. If you have passion, then go for it!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    thank you Ivan, I will go for it. Definatly. Did some sketches the last few days, need to load them up here maybe today if I have the time for it, I really need to learn for school today :-(

Last edited by Charmer; May 24th, 2010 at 05:53 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    @Prion: Thanks, those are good tips. I will draw everyday anyway. I will find something to draw, you're right

Fast painting with no direction, just did some lines and then there was somekinda idea. I am no satan freak. Haha. But that's just how it looked like.
    Done with Alchemy (www.al.chemy.org)

Last edited by Charmer; May 24th, 2010 at 07:55 AM.

Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast