Sketchbook: Charmer's Thread! PRACTICE! - Page 17
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You have alot of progress comparing with the first page, keep on going!

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. The Following User Says Thank You to TotalVoid For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    @kungfoowiz: thanks my friend! I'm busy like hell this time since I got the holiday job in the big baking factory my dad works at. I'll have a new workstation included an intuos 4 and a 24" monitor. Can't wait to have the next six weeks done man. Really.

@snatti: thank you very very much! The thing about the college is that I don't think I have to draw / paint so very much for it, at least not in the first some months. We're a lot more into 3d modeling / rendering. Virtual photography and stuff like that. But hey - I'm going to do sketches for almost everything I think. And not to forget I have my new band with some of the best guys you can find on this planet and a very nice female singer, not very often seen in extreme metal this days. =) I told you that because I'll do all our artwork related stuff like the logo, shirts, cd etc. Maybe if I get good enough and if I'm not too busy then I think maybe I'm founding a small Clothing company, at least for bandshirts and so on.

@TotalVoid: Thanks man, I'll do lots more but these days I really can't concentrate because I work 6 hours the week only nightshift. Doing some doodles etc but hard to keep concept stuff going when you only have 4 hours at home or so. Have to cook something, taking a shower (sometimes, about two times a month. HAHA daily of course, just a joke) etc. I have to see how it works in the next weeks. But after that when I have my Intuos4 and a better computer... man I'll be back like never before. I promise!

Thank you all so much for your comments. Keep it going! The next days I'll not post too much but I'll do what I can do!

Edit: Here's something I'm working on the last days. All in all about 1 hour now. Wanna paint my room like Janaschi and Algenpfleger, haha.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Charmer; August 11th, 2011 at 11:30 PM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Charmer For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hello Flo

That last study is really neat, i see that you've improed alot sinc emy last visit, and trust me there's nothing more exciting on this site to see one go " from rags to riches".

Glad thet you'll be investing even more time to improve, but i'd like to share some thoughts about studies. You've said that you'll be studying virtual design, can you tell me more about it? As trust me, there's really little usefull stuff out there other than maths, physics etc, which we artists do not really need, you'll be investing alot of time to even pass those subjects which you'll hate. So maybe wait for it, try to apply to an art school or study that virtual design, yet get yourself into some painting/drawing course and push it hard.
    from my own experience i can tell you one thing, schools often drag money out of students offerin little in exchange. In the end it's you and the blank sheet of paper, with your hard work, sweat, and a bucket of f**** word you'll get there.

About the hardware purchase, i highly recommend gettig the intuos 3 instead of 4, it's more durable and has strips instead of rings. You can still find some over the internet on sites such as amazon.

About the Monitor, i can suggest a few, but it depends on how much money do you want to spend.

Apple Cinema Led Display
    Dell Ultrasharp U2410
    EIZO FLEXSCAN EV2333WH
    NEC MultiSync P221W

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks Icecold, more via PN ;-)

Here's a quick colour / form / value study I did. It's 6:30 in the morning and now I'm going to sleep. Need to go to work in 12 hours again. Nightshift is a pretty cool thing

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Charmer For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,154 Times in 1,077 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Your stuff is looking good bro, the life painting is pretty awesome!!! =) Also the light is very clean in your latest study, I like very much =) I think you'll do it bro, just believe in yourself and work nicely in the hours that you have to yourself =) Good luck with the new job, a baking factory sounds pretty exciting too =) Yip, I didn't learn much from my school.. but yip that's bad stuff, just keep working on your stuff bro =) Have fun =))

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    excellent, keep up the work your digital work starts to take form.

My Sketchbook

Friends

BlackDelphin
    IceCold

Blog
    Deviantart

"There are no miracles, no tricks or secrets, only hard work. "

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Looking awesome over here Charmer!! Love the pose on the last one! Hoping to get back with some piqs myself soon! Been really lazy haha x)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    @Kungfoowiz: I'm always believing in myself since I learned how good that is. I always criticized my ...everything. everything I ever did. But I am totally happy the last few months cause I have seen what I can do if I just do it without compromise. Thanks for the follow

@Danny: Thanks very much! I got some dvd's and stuff and I think a lot more about WHAT I am doing. It's getting always better. Yesterday I got first paid. And hour later I ordered my computer. Next month my Intuos 4 and a GOOD Dell 24" monitor. Let's see how far I'll get with that stuff. Can't wait to build the pc man. Never had a machine like that

@Becka: Thank you Rebecka, I'm very lazy, too. Since I am working from 07 PM to 03 AM I'm coming home, looking a bit through CA, checking my stuff, getting a lightweight night meal and go to bed. The day over when I wake up I don't have so much free time. So I'll be painting / drawing a lot more when my recent job is done

Here are two fairly quick things. I got a pretty much better sense for light I guess. Feels easier now. Way much better workflow.

Got tons of stuff in my "real" sketchbook but my scanner doesn't wanna work very well so maybe I'll take some photos in a few days or so.
    Thank you all for stopping by!

Take care
    - Flo

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Charmer For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,154 Times in 1,077 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Hey, looking good bro, your sp has a nice form =) Keep working on your eyes, maybe a bit smaller and check their shapes =) Enviro has nice lighting too, Keep up the good work =)

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Kungfoowiz For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I really enjoy the studies and speed paints. Id recommend you do a bit more extensive study on faces, specifically its planes and form in order to represent them in a more convincing and realistic manner, if that is your intended style. Also, try to use a more varied color pallet as I've noticed your drawings to lean towards a monochromatic color scheme.

All and all, you are in the right track: Just keep drawing!

http://conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=213625

Want to share a critique? View my Sketchbook !

http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=221371

Finished Works thread ^
    Filled with informative critiques!!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Busterismo For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    First steps with my new computer This machine is fast as hell but I dont have the drive to paint this time since I'm working 8 hours and can't concentrate after work... this sucks so much, can't tell you how. Just doing some sketches daily into my "hard-"sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Come on dude!

Try to do more stuff, even after work.
    Just set yourself perhaps 1 hour after work for drawing and painting and you will definitely continue getting better.

For your last portrait i would suggest to practice the features, especially the eyes and the mouth.
    The form of your eyes is not existent.
    Upper lid, ...

But the colors are really nice Warm mood. I like it.

Keep going dude.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Lukas Esch For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    @ Kungfoowiz: I really need to focus on the single face features. I did lots of eye studies but I don't know why I'm not really using them, I totally suck at painting/drawing faces. Thanks for your visit my friend!

@ Busterismo: I'll keep drawing. Definitely I guess It'll be much more compfortable to have two monitors instead of one, so on one I can just slide through collected images for reference and on the other I'll paint wchit would be a lot more fun for me I think So I'll be practicing more face related stuff right now. Thanks for your comment

@Luke: The thing is when you are at home at 03:30 in the middle of the night you won't be able to really push yourself to the limit you know. Sometimes yes but most time no. Need to do more work when I'm standing up.

I'll keep it going anyway.
    After this and the following week I am officially a design student, HELL YEAAAH! )))

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Good
    You practiced eyes.
    Looking good.
    Try to use less custom brushes and concentrate more on the basic ones.
    And don't be shy on the shadows.

Keep it up!

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Lukas Esch For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Lol! Just used a round brush. But in very small size. 2px.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Fail.
    Looked like a few custom brushes because there a so much small details.
    THEN i would say don't work THAT small with your brush.
    Try to let it look simple and understand the form

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Lukas Esch For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Small pretty update

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Looks like you've been doing good on improving consistantly throughout your sketchbook
    I think some more directed studies would help you quite a bit. Instead of designing environments and lighting them try some simple geometric studies, groups of boxes cones and cylinders to light.
    In school we had a bunch of boxes and forms just painted white with a spotlight on them. It forces you to focus on what your studying rather than making something look cool or interesting.
    Also colours can be really misleading to the eye, For example, below which banana is the brightest / darkest?
    Reality is if you remove the saturation entirely they are all exactly the same. Working in grayscale eliminates the confusion.

Hope this helps- gratz on becoming a design student
    Happy sketching.

Last edited by Rhubix; September 25th, 2011 at 03:26 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    maybe this link could help you http://itchstudios.com/psg/art_tut.htm

falls du ihn nicht schon kennst^^

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    what Rhubix told you is the absolute truth... try working on grayscale and youll understand values a lot more and color will come easy from then... Im back on hardware mode because i wanted something cool already and forgot about the basics... but believe me, knowing the basics is everything, i realize that now lol.... Try the Steven Vilppu book it will show you to get your line loose and fluid and not worry so much about contours... you have really improved a lot from the first page on your sb so keep working like that
    thanks for stopping by my sb and leaving your comment, i'm really grateful good luck ^^

Feel free to stop by My Sketchbook (harsh criticism extremely needed )

or

My Portfolio

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Rhubix Thank you very much for your comment! I knew that with the bananas and the general problem I have is that I know a lot of things I don't execute for some inexpectable reasons. You are right I need to work a lot more in simple shapes etc. I'll do, promise!

Delay Dankeschön! I know it but I don't work with it, kinda strange thing I told Rhubix up here. I know about and I can't force myself to accept some stuff just practicing. I need to work through. Really. And I will. The main thing are the BASICS. So I need to be good at them first before I can be good in something else. First off I'm going to do a lot more basics. Thanks for your comment!

rokushoxxx Thanks mate, I do lots more in grayscale because I freaking lack in case of values. But maybe my new monitor will help me a lot more since this monitor is really cheap and I actually don't see lots of differences from the ankle I'm working on, I have to look up from the bottom to see some colour differences. Kinda weird, just cheap panel monitor. I'll definitely will improve a lot in the next few months, that's a promise. And I need to have more free time which I will have in exactly four days.

Here an update, in grayscale, additionally about 40 minutes from the last version to this one now. Looks pretty much better in my humble opinion.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hell yeah ... i know exactly what you mean...
    basics üben kann böse frustriend sein wenn man die ganze zeit von anderen leuten umgeben ist die es einfach derbe drauf haben und die übelsten sachen raushauen ... aber es führt einfach kein weg dran vobei also auf gehts ich schau ab und zu mal rein und tret dir in den arsch viel erfolg

32. The Following User Says Thank You to Delay For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Guuuuyyyyssssss! I got my Dell UltraSharp 24" 2412M Monitor. And what can I say... it's amazing!

I see differences in slightly different tone ranges which I could never imagine with my old monitor. Such a crazy thing.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    tha portrait looks good!
    and nice monitor

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thank you Delay

Here is a new head. Gonna get it nailed pretty much better the last few weeks. no ref at all, everything from mind

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey Charmer,

nice to meet other german rookies here.
    Btw, I like your artwork, especially your enviros and faces (although
    you struggle sometimes with the anatomy, but thats just a matter
    of practice as you know )

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks guys. Yeah, I really have to force myself more for anatomy and especially face features. Will be working through Steve Vilppu's book.

The girls head updated. And a head donw while watching Zhang Lu's video I recently bought on TAD.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Huge improvement from page 1. Keep up the studies mate!

My sketchbook here: http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...75944&page=999
    (some nudity may occur)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    congrats on the monitor looks big! I bought a lot of the TAD video tutorials they are great, I got all zhang lus videos and Jason chans as well, its really helpful to see how the pros do it.
    Practice practice.

My Sketchbook

Friends

BlackDelphin
    IceCold

Blog
    Deviantart

"There are no miracles, no tricks or secrets, only hard work. "

Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast