Latest Acquisition (For my interest in graphic design)

View testimonialsView Artwork
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,045 Times in 682 Posts
    Follows
    Following

Post Latest Acquisition (For my interest in graphic design)

Latest Acquisition (For my interest in graphic design)

" Euro Deco -- A sprawling compendium of Art Deco design from across Europe, Euro Deco features a broad range of exemplary graphic ephemera. Culled from Steven Heller and Louise Fili's popular International Deco series of inspirational reference books, the material in Euro Deco comes from Italy, Spain, the UK, Germany, France, and the Netherlands, primarily between WWI and WWII -- the time when the continent gave birth to modern graphic design. Well over a thousand images from posters, packaging, advertisements, menus, and brochures display the elegant geometry and harmonious marriage of typography and illustration that make deco a popular style to this day. A generous package at an attractive price, Euro Deco is poised to be a standard graphic resource for designers, collectors, and aesthetes alike.

Steven Heller is the art director of the New York Times Book Review. He is the author of over ninety books on graphic design, popular art, and satiric art. He lives in New York City. "

"Everything must serve the idea. The means used to convey the idea should be the simplest and clear. Just what is required. No extra images. To me this is a universal principle of art. Saying as much as possible with a minimum of means."
    -John Huston, Director
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
  3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OmenSpirits For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 16,679 Times in 5,021 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by OmenSpirits View Post
    Steven Heller is the art director of the New York Times Book Review. He is the author of over ninety books on graphic design, popular art, and satiric art. He lives in New York City. "[/I]
    That blurb must be a couple of years old. He's the former art director now, and it's probably over 100 books. You should get as many of them as you can.

Tristan Elwell
    **Finished Work Thread **Process Thread **Edges Tutorial

Crash Course for Artists, Illustrators, and Cartoonists, NYC, the 2013 Edition!

"Work is more fun than fun."
    -John Cale

"Art is supposed to punch you in the brain, and it's supposed to stay punched."
    -Marc Maron

Thanks
    Thanked 1,557 Times in 608 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    That's right in my alley.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,199 Times in 1,055 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Sounds good to me! (Adds to wish list...)

You know what else is awesome, "Art Deco Complete" by Alastair Duncan. Huge, gorgeous, tasty, lavishly illustrated book covering all aspects of art deco. I just got that recently as a treat and I'm in love with it.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to QueenGwenevere For This Useful Post:

Members who have read this thread: 1