First timer here.

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

First timer here.

First time on CA that is.

I've been at DA for five years, but I never really get much (or deep) critique while I posted my works there. I was hoping I could get something a little more constructive here.

Currently, I consider this piece my best digital work to date. It's done entirely in illustrator, based off my own sketch. There are already a few quirks that I am aware of, but it would be nice to get critique from multiple points of view.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    A person is capable, rational and careful. People, on the other hand, are stupid, irrational and panicky. -Anonymous
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Simply put? The overall anatomy is horribly twisted. Her arms wouldn't connect with her shoulders like that, and the torso is...odd.

Amateur Artist. Professional Asshole.

Lookit the Pretty!

Rule #1 of depicting soldiers: KEEP THE DAMN FINGER OFF THE DAMN TRIGGER.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Falchion View Post
    Simply put? The overall anatomy is horribly twisted. Her arms wouldn't connect with her shoulders like that, and the torso is...odd.
    Could you be more specific please?

A person is capable, rational and careful. People, on the other hand, are stupid, irrational and panicky. -Anonymous

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The basics are there ! the lighting is a bit samey to me, esp. around areas where it could be hotter (like near the flame).
    I think right now besides the same 'study anatomy moar' parroting, specifically you might want to study how the skeletal system lies underneath the muscles. The arm looks like its about to float off because of this muscle placement.

this is just a surface reference.
    http://cheapercosmeticsurgeryabroad....%20Surgery.jpg

but you should really go to posemaniacs.com and other anatomy sites to really see whats going down underneath.

i do think the background overall works for the most part - dark, medium, then light with a bit of atmospherics.

"It's not rocket surgery." _Sebudai

6. The Following User Says Thank You to AestheticMachine For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by AestheticMachine View Post
    The basics are there ! the lighting is a bit samey to me, esp. around areas where it could be hotter (like near the flame).
    I think right now besides the same 'study anatomy moar' parroting, specifically you might want to study how the skeletal system lies underneath the muscles. The arm looks like its about to float off because of this muscle placement.

this is just a surface reference.
    http://cheapercosmeticsurgeryabroad....%20Surgery.jpg

but you should really go to posemaniacs.com and other anatomy sites to really see whats going down underneath.

i do think the background overall works for the most part - dark, medium, then light with a bit of atmospherics.
    Made some changes to the arm now, also made several lighting changes.
    Also, thanks a lot for telling me about that posemaniacs.com. That will really be useful.

Attached Images Attached Images  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    While there are little things in the picture that bother me, the main thing that sticks out to me are the arms. They just seem kind of stiff and twisted.

I've edited your picture a bit to show you what I mean. The left is the original, the right is the edits.
    First timer here.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.