Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Thanks

Greetings from Japan! Kunrong's Art

Hi, it's been some time since i been here, been busy with stuff and so on. Anyway i just wanted to share some of my new personal works as well as announce the launch of my website! Please drop by, loads of works there (=

http://www.yapkunrong.net

Okay my personal critiques about my works! I definitely am too heavy handed on the detailing and i will have to work more on picking the right areas to work on.. in other words 'less is more'. Please feel free to give me any feedbacks and critiques. Thanks in advance! (=

Attached Images Attached Images                      
    Last edited by krypt; October 17th, 2011 at 11:41 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
  3. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to krypt For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Thanks
    Hey I am loving this style you got. Against the mountain, the second image, is so pleasant to look at. It has a softness of light and colors that looks so sweet. The only image that might have a little too much detail is the third image and that could probly be fixed just by darkening the windows on the distant buildings. I dont see over-detailing to be a problem in your work because you still show a focus or focal points, and atmospheric perspective in everything. Don't let professors or anyone tell you what your work ought to look like too much.

When duty calls, the last image on your site, is one of my favs too. The contrast of those pure white suits is brilliant. Make sure people see that one.

Site is great but the images loaded a little slowly. Are they low res on your site? Should be 72 or 100 at the highest probly.

Good job!

Thanks
    Hey Thanks Artfix!!
    I think im still going through a stage of finding a style and wish i could show you the designs i have been doing!
    In terms of rendering i think it has been become something unique, like my concentration on colours over tones. I understand that tones hitting the right values bring alot to the image but maybe it's just not me to create photo-real renderings.. I'm kinda in between.. like if you have noticed i dont like to use textures or photos since i want it to look real yet drawn at the same time. I could spend time just doing those quick strokes to suggest mountains say for example in "Against The Mountain".
    I've checked my site and the works are all lo-res at 72. Should i resize it even smaller? Right now the image quality is around level 9-10 on jpg slider, not sure if i should even lower it. Why are the files so big?
    Really appreciate the comments, i will be back later to check out your stuff! Needa run now, just wanted to reply to this quickly!

Thanks
    Hey don't worry about your site. Get some others' input on the load times because it might be my browser or connection. I used flash for my site which allows me to compress all of the images which is supposed to help(and I had comments about long initial load time). I dunno what you used for your site, but you might see if that is an option. But otherwise, it shouldn't be a hindrance to your site.

I like what you said about finding your style and trying to avoid photos or too much texture rendering. I'm looking for my style too, and I sure know what it's like to feel bogged down by trying to render too realistically, yuck. I think your style is a great balance.

Thanks
    Great work man! I love the colours and hectic action you capture. Keep 'em coming and good luck!

Thanks
    Hey thanks again Artfix, i've just been to your site and wow i love the way you render the people. Instead of just standing figures you capture a great deal of them in motion. Look forward to seeing more stuff from you and yea lets continue exploring (=

Thanks to Zimfim as well! Your works have a very unique look and i personally enjoy that direction. Lets hope to see more!

Thanks
    hello Krypt

I love your work. You have a great sense of colour and movment.
    You could work on some focusing points as you say it tyourself and maybe on the foreground/background relations.

Thanks
    Refreshing work! Love it. The concept design of elements in the first piece feels familiar but not quite like anything I've seen before. It looks like a scene from a really teched up Ghibli film. It's got the same kind of warmth and attention to detail - the men and ships look like they'd be capable of destruction but seem passive. Great sense of narrative.

The last piece is also a standout for me, with its crisp colours and forms. My eye was immediately directed to the girl.

Thanks
    love the colors, love the action. Maybe just a touch busy here and there in some of them, but for the most part great visual candy. The 'shop' paintings are fantastic!

Thanks
    Thanks ryuloulou, cognition.sb and Mandryk!
    Glad you guys like whats going on with it here. Indeed i'm hoping to understand the different cultures and make something new.. so i take it as a positive when you say "not quite like anything I've seen before", even if it means it doesn't appeal to you (=.. More than just producing 'perfect' works i hope to step into dangerous grounds and will show u guys some designs real soon to show what i mean.. interested to see how the reactions will be...!

Thanks
    I really love the vibrancy of your stuff. I really like bright colours and you have them everywhere. My favorite picture is the third one of the robot with the gun just standing.. Really cool.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to KilianJ For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Krypt,

Absolutely beautiful work. The first is my favourite - I love the colours and lighting! Thanks for sharing.

Thanks
    There's so much energy in your work!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.