Thread: iron man 2

Thanks
    Thanked 1,780 Times in 850 Posts

iron man 2

I walked in expecting to be disappointed and I wasn't. I liked how Toney Stark kicked up the narcissism a few notches. It really made for a believable character. Great follow up.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    I too thought it was going to be a dissapointment. We were pleasantly surprised. It was a little slow though, would've liked to see a little more action in it but apart from that it was a great movie. Would love to see the concept art for the groups of droids now.
    sketchbook http://conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=162034

C&C are more than welcome

deviantart gallery http://midge7.deviantart.com/

Thanks
    Hm.I liked the film. But dont like robots in the final scene. And fightings wasnt very cool. Robert Dauni was great, indeed)

Thanks
    My favorite part was when Stark got plastered in the iron man suit and then brawled with war machine.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,153 Times in 1,066 Posts
    "Drop me a phat beat to beat my friend's ass to"

There was a lot more talking/Tony scenes than Iron Man and action scenes this time. I'm not sure that I mind though. I've heard people say it was a bad thing that the final fights were over so fast, but I understand why. I mean, Tony has a suit more powerful than his previous ones and the new Vibranium reactor makes nuclear power "look like a AAA battery." So it would have been silly if a bunch of drones powered by knock-off arc reactors posed an actual challenge to Iron Man. Same with final boss Whiplash.

I think the pace could have been made a little better by cutting out some scenes. Things like the scene where Rhodey lands the suit at the air-force base could have easily been left out without losing plot. But overall it was enjoyable. There were a ton of fan service references throughout.
    "Astronomy offers an aesthetic indulgence not duplicated in any other field. This is not an academic or hypothetical attraction and should require no apologies, for the beauty to be found in the skies has been universally appreciated for unrecorded centuries."

Thanks
    Thanked 1,049 Times in 686 Posts
    Just leave MORE for the SPECIAL EDITION 2 DISC hyper-phat dvd! To go with my art of IM2 and if I'm geek enough

THIS!

iron man 2

http://www.hlj.com/product/HTT17327 <--click!

I WANT MINE NOW!
    Last edited by OmenSpirits; May 10th, 2010 at 10:36 PM.
    "Everything must serve the idea. The means used to convey the idea should be the simplest and clear. Just what is required. No extra images. To me this is a universal principle of art. Saying as much as possible with a minimum of means."
    -John Huston, Director

Thanks
    Thanked 3,153 Times in 1,066 Posts
    Tyler Stout and Mike Saputo fan-made posters. The artists sold limited edition prints which went pretty fast. I seen one of Tyler's on ebay for $200.

iron man 2
    iron man 2
    iron man 2
    "Astronomy offers an aesthetic indulgence not duplicated in any other field. This is not an academic or hypothetical attraction and should require no apologies, for the beauty to be found in the skies has been universally appreciated for unrecorded centuries."

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to s.ketch For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    That fan made poster is way cooler than the one Tomer Hanuka did. btw tomer is one of my favorite artists, so that says allot.
    iron man 2

Thanks
    The movie was cool but for the next one: please not another armored suit topic! First Iron Man movie with an armored suit wearing enemy - ok. The second movie with even more armored suits - hmmmm, okay. But please not in a third movie. This is all too much. In Avatar there was this armored suit in the end battle too, now in Iron Man again - don´t they have any creative ideas?

Can´t wait to see the Avenger movie!
    www.ClassicalAtelier@HOME.com
    My website for learning traditional fine art on your own! --- Derived from THIS thread at CA.org
    ------------ ♦ ♦ ♦ ------------
    www.cast-drawing.com
    drawing casts (geometric shapes, anatomical casts, skull), tutorials on Bargue drawing and cast drawing, Willow Charcoal, free drawing exercises

Thanks
    I thought it was really good. Mickey Roark did a great job as Whiplash (I respect him for not totally hamming it up and keeping it nice and subtle). I just wish the last fight could have been a little longer.

Also, the chatty scenes between Tony and Pepper started giving me flashbacks to episodes of the Gilmore Girls after a while.

I gotta say though, isn't this whole idea just awesome? The fact that Marvel created their own studio for the sole purpose of making an interconnected movie universe is just something that sounds too good to be true. Its also awesome that you might actually see characters outside their own movies is also something I'm having a nergasm over. I don't know if the Avengers movie will live up to the hype, but the fact that it is possible blows me the fuck away.

Now, if DC could just get their shit together...everything outside the Dark Knight has been more than a little dissapointing, and I'm worried that they will be tempted to bring Robin into it after seeing the success of that little girl in Kick-Ass.
    Remember, just because you have their attention doesn't mean you have their respect-Dale Gribble (from King of the Hill)
    Old Sketchbook 1
    Old Sketchbook 2
    Newest sketchbook

Thanks
    Thanked 4,262 Times in 2,074 Posts
    I liked it and as others said the pacing could have been better.

I think Don Cheadle was a bit tougher than Terrence Howard but it seems some of the chemistry between Stark and Rhody was gone due to the cast change. There was something about how their banter just worked in the first movie, and I felt it lacking in the sequel.

Scarlet Johansen was rather decent in the movie. Gotta love the outfit, it definitely worked.

I have to say though...WTF was with the ending credits. I wish they were as awesome as the first movie. People were walking out pretty quick because the credits were so boring....which of course means they missed the tie-in at the end.

"Hammer Tech?"

"....yeah..."

Thanks
    Did anyone see Stan Lee appearing in the movie?
    He allways appears in the Marvel movies.
    www.ClassicalAtelier@HOME.com
    My website for learning traditional fine art on your own! --- Derived from THIS thread at CA.org
    ------------ ♦ ♦ ♦ ------------
    www.cast-drawing.com
    drawing casts (geometric shapes, anatomical casts, skull), tutorials on Bargue drawing and cast drawing, Willow Charcoal, free drawing exercises

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bjoern3000 View Post
    Did anyone see Stan Lee appearing in the movie?
    He allways appears in the Marvel movies.
    Yep: http://io9.com/5303532/stan-lees-hil...cameo-revealed

I unfortunately missed it. Some idiots had their smartphones on texting through the movie. I had to leave my seat to complain after asking them to put them away. People, your smartphones are like mag-lights, in a dark movie theater. Please turn them the hell off, or at least use something with a black background.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Arshes Nei For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,054 Times in 586 Posts
    Fun movie, great action, great cast etc, loved it, although not as much as the first. Mickey Rourke was awesome. That whole plot twist with Stark's dad nearly broke the whole movie for me though.

Thanks
    Spoilers below.

Just saw it. It was somewhat flawed, though still very enjoyable, and a worth successor to the first installment. I have to echo others about the pacing, and about the "climactic" battle. It felt like too little happened between Whiplash joining up with Hammer and Tony finding a new element hidden in the city of the future model. I didn't like how Whiplash went from being a very menacing and dynamic villain into just being sequestered away in Hammer's warehouse. The battle between him and Stark on the racetrack was the best scene of the movie. I loved Whiplash's confidence as he just brazenly strode out onto the racetrack and starting slicing cars in half, and the way his jumpsuit burned away was a very nice touch. When Tony finally got his Iron Man suit on, you knew a very fun can of whoopass had just been opened. I would have really liked to see a few more battles between that scene and the final battle. Speaking of the final battle, Whiplash went down even more quickly and easily than Jeff Bridges in the first one, despite being a smarter and more dangerous villain. A hint on how to avoid anticlimax, for any script writers who happen to be out there: if you spend a whole movie showing us how formidable the villain is, it should take the heroes more than a minute to defeat them. Tony's super-laser secret weapon was pretty damn badass, though.

I have to agree with Arshes about Don Cheadle. His Rhody was a very different character than Terrence Howard's, and not necessarily in a good way. I though it was kind of a dick move for the studio to change actors as well, though I admit I don't know very much about that situation. I liked how they used his first line of dialog to essentially say "get over it" to all the complainer's, though.

Despite those complaints, this was a very, very fun movie. Robert Downy Jr. was even wittier, funnier, and more full of himself this time around, and I loved it. The senate hearing scene was perhaps the best non-action scene in the movie. Good, funny dialog, with the characters bouncing off each other well. Samuel L. Jackson was great.

Thanks
    Don't like this movie the only thing I liked when watching it is effect. The concept isn't new

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ArchDesign View Post
    Don't like this movie the only thing I liked when watching it is effect. The concept isn't new
    What do you mean by "Concept isn't new"? We're talking about a comic book that started in 1963?