Hey everyone,

I'm new here, and I look forward to tapping into all of this creative talent.

My name is Raymond Apuada, and I'm a Tradional Animator/Illustrator/Concept Artist from Detroit, MI.

I heard about ConceptArt.Org from Jason Kane (formerly from Troika)... who worked with Jason Manley (he says hi, and, coincidentally, we both say hi to Mark Bremperkamp....we all went to school together).

As to the reason for this thread...

I'm looking for work, and was planning on relocating to Los Angeles. This being said, I'm flying out to Los Angeles next Friday for a couple of days to visit some studios, and I'm trying to line up some appointments/visits, in order that I can shop my portfolio/demo reel around (I find that sometimes stuff that gets sent will be found in HR-filed-away-limbo).

From my experience, actually speaking to someone directly within a studio and handing/showcasing my work to them has shown more positive results.

Case in point,....if anyone can help me get hooked up with visiting some studios, I would greatly appreciate it.

I know how important networking is, and our industry's community is, as such, a place where helping out our fellow artists is a necessity and a courtesy (we all need help sometimes).

Anyways (apologies for the long thread)...

here is my online portfolio:

www.portfolios.com/apuadaarts

If anyone can help...please e-mail me at r_apuada@hotmail.com, or you can call me (my number is available at my website).

Thanks for taking the time to read this, and I hope to hear from someone soon.

Raymond Apuada