Is there an Illustration industry?? - Page 3
Join Free Art WorkShopJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Is there an Illustration industry??

Thanks
    Thanked 1,191 Times in 516 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by OmenSpirits View Post
    We already HAD that thread.

It got locked.
    Do you expect that this one won't?

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

OmenSpirits is offline Commercial-Illustrator in-training, NOT an artist. Level 13 Gladiator: Retiarius
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,042 Times in 680 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Hey, you never know.

KEEP. HOPE. ALIVE!

"Everything must serve the idea. The means used to convey the idea should be the simplest and clear. Just what is required. No extra images. To me this is a universal principle of art. Saying as much as possible with a minimum of means."
    -John Huston, Director

3. The Following User Says Thank You to OmenSpirits For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Raoul Duke View Post
    you better learn about good presentation. It can make or break a piece. There are art books I passed on because of poor presentation.

Here's a good example of bad presentation. http://www.iainmccaig.com/ You'd think he was a 2 bit hack, but it's quite contrary to his body of work. Ashley Wood only has formal training as a graphic designer. What ever flaws he has as an artist he makes up for it with dynamite presentation.
    I am not dismissing the importance of graphic design, but graphic design as a subject does not really interest me and i don't think there are many around here that really care that much. I think most of us just cares about drawing or painting. Not trying to be a dick or somehting but i just think it gets a bit weird when someone goes like "I've been doing this for 20 friggin years, now give me my props".

I definately agree with you though, it seems like many of the more famous artists have fugly websites and definately need to work on their presentation.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by citrusfrukt View Post
    I am not dismissing the importance of graphic design, but graphic design as a subject does not really interest me and i don't think there are many around here that really care that much. I think most of us just cares about drawing or painting. Not trying to be a dick or somehting but i just think it gets a bit weird when someone goes like "I've been doing this for 20 friggin years, now give me my props".

I definately agree with you though, it seems like many of the more famous artists have fugly websites and definately need to work on their presentation.
    I think there's plenty evidence to suggest that there are many graphic designers on here with an interest in concept art, and likewise, plenty of concept artists with an interest in graphic design. I also notice a lot of graphic design students are posting on here. I also think that some of the artists dpaint referred to validate the notion that design and illustration can be interrelated.

I think as the CA community has evolved and is evolving, more cross disciplined artists are finding themselves here, and while there are whole boards dedicated to photography, fine arts and motion graphics, there is surprisingly no outlet for those of us interested in design.

So I'm making this post as an official request for somewhere for those of us who love concept art but have a primary or secondary interest in graphic design to talk shop.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.