Teen Challenge 84 :: VOTING :: Love, Desire & Temptation

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

View Poll Results: Teen Challenge 84 :: Love, Desire & Temptation

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Agrovent: (is bringing sexy back) Teen Challenge 84 :: VOTING :: Love, Desire & Temptation

2 9.09%
  • Pixie Trick: (Has got a shiny crush) Teen Challenge 84 :: VOTING :: Love, Desire & Temptation

2 9.09%
  • Platinguard: (Loves them hands and lips) Teen Challenge 84 :: VOTING :: Love, Desire & Temptation

2 9.09%
  • deerinheadlights: (Is croaking crazy for a kiss) Teen Challenge 84 :: VOTING :: Love, Desire & Temptation

5 22.73%
  • hunchback: (gets tempted by the good food) Teen Challenge 84 :: VOTING :: Love, Desire & Temptation

8 36.36%
  • skyline: (fights for the love) Teen Challenge 84 :: VOTING :: Love, Desire & Temptation

3 13.64%
  • P: (all covered and wrapped in tempting love) Teen Challenge 84 :: VOTING :: Love, Desire & Temptation

14 63.64%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Teen Challenge 84 :: VOTING :: Love, Desire & Temptation

Thanks
    Thanked 1,007 Times in 643 Posts
    Follows
    Following

Great work everyone. You guys make me proud.... you also make me want to fail my exams so I can join in.

Agrovent: (is bringing sexy back)

Pixie Trick: (Has got a shiny crush)

Platinguard: (Loves them hands and lips)

deerinheadlights: (Is croaking crazy for a kiss)

hunchback: (gets tempted by the good food)

skyline: (fights for the love)

P: (all covered and wrapped in tempting love)

Sorry I couldn't help the running commentary haha

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,226 Times in 333 Posts
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Thanked 1,007 Times in 643 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    You've got multiple choices guys
    Again apologies for the commentary, happy mode = crazy stuff. It's the revision over load ;P

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    great work everybody

Well...That Just Happened Didn't...

My Junkyard
    http://conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=186146

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

The Call

Overall I found this really hard to judge! Because as an audience member I had to ask myself, is it about love, temptation, or desire, maybe all Three?! And if its one of those three specifically can you make a hierarchy of them? I'd say not really...because of that stipulation I have to say that any theme in this case is equal it then falls onto execution.

So here's my call with some stuff to think on (with a grain of salt):
    P: The costume design was interesting, boring but was drawn in a playful way. All in all because this week I was basing my reviews on execution, I did like yours and I think you did a good job. Now its good but I know you can do better! Keep pushing (not that pencils can't be final works of art I love them!)

Skyline: Yours had an interesting level of atmosphere. I find myself being sucked into this world, but I have a hard time still realizing where that world is. Keep up the practice and I'm sure you will gain the knowledge to communicate with your audience much sooner. Keep pushing!

Hunchback: Your concept was the one I found most original. I have to say being on a college budget I've eaten many of these tacos, but every once in a while I want subway. I think your command of painting is good, but the color choice on this one felt weird to me. I associate green walls with mold and mildew, the haze makes me think of a bar. If you look at food ads they normally enhance the qualities in the food making them look so bright and juicy that your mouth waters at the thought of eating them. But keep pushing Don't stop!

Deerinheadlights: Your story while not original is a nice tale. I like that you modeled the characters and cropped the picture in. The rain isn't quite working for me though. I know its a rain forest and it rains a lot in a rain forest, but as a human, I find the sun more appealing. Sunshine in a tropical paradise like those I see in a tour magazine or cruise special has always appealed to me more. All in all good picture! Keep pushing!

Platinguard:Yours has been an interesting entry cause I'm not sure it's finished. I think I understand the metaphors but the emphasis on wrinkles doesn't feel desired to me. Our society tries to limit wrinkles as imperfections. Now there are artists who show beauty within, not external. But they emphasize the way fabric folds and plays with light. Overall the lines and shapes feel sketchy. It will be interesting to see how you develop in further challenges! Keep Pushing!

Pixie Trick: Your art has really been developing a lot! Its comical in a way and creepy at the same time. I feel the creepiness lies in the modeling of the figure. Most Caucasian women aren't modeled with hard edges, while yours is. It throws me off from what would be otherwise an interesting figure...be careful of that nose! Keep pushing!

Agrovent I would have done something close to this for desire. but I don't know how I feel about the colors. The colors are distracting, and it may have been nice to have a minimal color palette with some color around areas of strong light. Most of the modeling feels flat, if your working from a reference I always like working black and white first so I can do all the modeling and then apply color through multiply layers...may be something to check out and experiment with! Keep pushing!

Congrats to everyone who completed a work!
    This next challenge I will definately make time to complete cause it will be my last TEEN CHALLENGE! (May 09, 1990 I will be 20)

"Life is a painting; full of happy little mistakes"
    El Sketchbook!(Updated 1/9/2011)
    DeviantArt

7. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Jatari For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    thanks for the crit jatari : D

i gotta say i wasnt just the fact that i like the food it was a twisted western joke about womens genitals O_O

so yah haha pretty obscure meaning, maybe i could have portrayed them in a more suggestive manner.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hunchback For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    yeah I've also heard it referenced as the "Party Pita"

"Life is a painting; full of happy little mistakes"
    El Sketchbook!(Updated 1/9/2011)
    DeviantArt

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Jatari For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Why thank-you Jatari. As I said a simple concept on my behalf. Doesn't really deserve anything. I just have no clue how to render and finish like you guys. I can sketch and all that on paper. I can do the light source. Its just colouring and shading effectively I cannot accomplish.

To everyone else that entered you all deserve medals. Brilliant work all of you

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks Jatari! I went for a rainy scene because I realized I should practice those since I do sunny forests a lot, but you're right, bright sun would have worked a lot better for mine.

Great work everyone!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    No Deerinheadlights, the rain adds a certain mystery to her. I can't describe it. I don't think the sun would have given enough to it. The rain also demonstrates skill as an artist .

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    thanks jatari! i feel like i learned a lot from this piece, i'll definitely be drawing more figures with lots of skin and flowing hair from now on... ^.^

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    love the little titles lilnebo a nice touch.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to skyline For This Useful Post:

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.