Would like to take my 2D art to the next level
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Would like to take my 2D art to the next level

Hiya guys, was registered over at the old forums and never really got into the 2D art side of things much since I spent alot of time concentrating on my 3D skills, which have paid off, but now my 2D art has suffered alot! And let's not talk about the painting dept. So I came here for some serious help. I would like to take the below sketch through it's paces to make a final concept piece worthy of this place. SO let me have it, and don't hold back, let me know what looks hideous and what could use improving before the inking stage, then on to the color to final composite.

So here's the sketch

Pretty horrible huh? I know HELP!

salud!

Tito

"Vision is seeing the opportunity inside the challenge"
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    No, its not horrible. I think that your skill isn't where you'd like it to be (Don't worry about that, no one's skill is where they'd like it to be). Just practice somemore, maybe do some extra stuff like read books on anatomy and such.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I think the same...!! But looks well. Look the solids basics draws to remember and then an anatomy basics, i do this when i draw for firt time after a long time without draw.
    The 3d artists usually have more sense of volumen so is important to you to know all the muscules and all curves that the body has.

Itīs all, very well.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thx much for the advice guys. You know what I also think could be a prob, I mean I can build anything right now in 3D, put a concept in front of me and I build it no prob, since I'm dealing with volume, much like clay and over the years I learnt alot about anatomy and proportions but it hasn't transfered to my drawings as of yet.

One thing I do have to do alot more of is start drawing very loose and very often, I drew alot over the years but never drawn something everyday, I know some animators at work that fill up sketch books weekly actually make that daily with like 50 sketches a day, this is just great! I would like to condition myself in that way also.

I was told that I give my characters "life" so I do think it's more of a technical issue I'm struggling with right now.

I made like two attempts and came up with this and these, I didn't do a series of thumbnails. Which I'm beginning to realise is one of the problems.

Gotta thank you guys for your words, and I'll take your advice and start over again. As they say back to the drawing board!

-lild

"Vision is seeing the opportunity inside the challenge"

Members who have read this thread: 5