LE1700 - portable cintiq - IT WORKS! - now with video! - Page 8
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Thread: LE1700 - portable cintiq - IT WORKS! - now with video!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Managed to pick up a LE1700 with dual core, 3GB Ram, XP, view anywhere display, leather case and stand. So far so good so I've ordered an axiotron pen.

Ive also purchased the older Ergorton LX desk mount arm and would like to ask if anyone knows where I can get a VESA mount for the LE1700? If I can get it married to the ergotron this will be my dream setup (for the price).

Last edited by jimmy1; March 4th, 2012 at 04:54 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Ergotron RAM mount

Update on Ergotron mount:

Managed to purchase a RAM mount for the Ergotron arm from a UK supplier.

Part No: RAM-HOL-MOT8U

Works great and Im now ready to "get busy"

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Looks pretty nice Jimmy! I'm curious how hot the tablet starts to run laying on the mount though.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Question

Temp seems to run normal, there is a gap under the unit and the RAM mount so air still flows.

Question: So I may need to sell my newly aquired LE1700 to raise some funds. Can anyone advise how I can factory restore the system without XP Tablet Discs? I have a XP serial number label on underside of unit, just didnt come with any CDs or backup partition.

I made a system image disc using Acronis before I installed any programs, is there anyway I can make the system clean of my details, internet settings etc?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Anyone tried gimp 2.8 on le1600? i heared it works much more fluently than photoshop!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    jimmy1 - what would you want for your LE1700 if end up trying to sell it?? i may be interested in purchasing it, thanx

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by xzaosfx View Post
    jimmy1 - what would you want for your LE1700 if end up trying to sell it?? i may be interested in purchasing it, thanx
    Jimmy1's post is 8 months old. You may want to try and send him a pm direct to see if he still has it.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Malifer For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    So recently I picked up the LE1700 80gb 4200 1.8 HD centrino core 2 duo 1.06 view anywhere display motion tablet. I put on windows 7 32 bit and installed the latest wacom Tablet pc drivers on it and it works. If you go to the wacom driver page select the Tablet PC drivers. the 32 bit one should work on a windows 7 OS system.
    Now I own a Lenovo x220T tablet as well and the reason I picked upthe LE1700 is because its a better drawing machine in terms of the digitizer and cursor placement. My lenovo has alot of cursor shifting around the edges and in one or two parts of the screen, which is bad. The LE has it but only very little. I have drawn on the Lenovo and the LE for a few days now and i can say I lov the LE 1700 more than the lenovo. Both machines do lag out in photoshop. Its a matter of the Hard Disk spinning at 4200 rpm in the le and the 7200 500gb hd in the lenovo. My lenovo has a secondary HD which is a micro Msata SSD 64gb. I have 8 gb of ram on my 64 bit lenovo and 2 GB ram on my 32 bit windows 7 LE 1700 and they both work similar. I use sketchbook pro 2011 , adobe PS cs3 & cs5.
    Here are some light sketches i did in Sketch book pro 2011 and a fast face sketch i did in ps 5 & on my lenovo for comparison.
    Name:  umbro_pear_sketchs_by_umbrosoccer-d5l11eu.png
Views: 739
Size:  539.4 KBName:  face_sketch_again_april_2012_by_umbrosoccer-d4xt2dg.png.jpg
Views: 698
Size:  107.0 KB

I'll post and in depth review of both the machines. If you're looking for a inexpensive le 1600 or 1700 you can get them off ebay now for about 100-200 with a decent amount of ram and a OS and HD of good size. The batter lives might vary but thats the risk you take. My battery last about an hour or more with high brightness and top proccessing speed going in moderate temps.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Is it possible to connect LE1700 to PC and use it as Cintiq?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Umbro, did you end up posting that review of the Lenovo x200T? I am kind of trying to decided between the Motion LE1700 and the Lenovo x200T. Your review might be really helpful!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I am using the Lenovo X200T and I totally love it.
    For most of the work I still prefer my intuos 3 and my destop pc, but when I'm on the go the thing is beast.
    Powerful tablet and I kinda like that I can also have a keyboard if I want to write some stuff.

There are different models with different screens.
    I got the model with the Superbright Screen and I really love it so far.

If you have any specific questions, feel free to send me a PM

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by mallorydelarosa View Post
    Umbro, did you end up posting that review of the Lenovo x200T? I am kind of trying to decided between the Motion LE1700 and the Lenovo x200T. Your review might be really helpful!
    i have not recorded it yet but i have a lenovo xt220 and not the 200. i cannot recommend the xt220 because the cursor pen error distance is bad . most of the screens are designed with poor wacom digitizers. keep in mind most draw on screen tablets still suffer from this so it is considered normal. i will post more later.

here is another sketch on the le1700

sb2011

Attached Images Attached Images  

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Members who have read this thread: 12