LE1700 - portable cintiq - IT WORKS! - now with video! - Page 4
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    What page size are you working?

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Arshes Nei is offline Registered User Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,259 Times in 2,074 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Portus View Post
    What page size are you working?
    Who Me?

Do you want each program (Because we know how that mileage varies) or specific ones you want to know?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Arshes Nei View Post
    Who Me?

Do you want each program (Because we know how that mileage varies) or specific ones you want to know?
    Could be just SAI and Painter, I use the same size for all programs which is A4 @ 300 DPI for print and 150 DPI for roughing/blocking, just wondering how either 1600/1700 would handle such files.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Sure no prob. I'll let you know how it handles with those sizes when I get home.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Well on Sai Paint when I used the LE1600 I did get that bit of lag, but it wasn't too serious for me.

I am currently working on one image at 1200x1600 300dpi, seem to have no real issues. There is that "lag" I guess but it seems to hit my strokes accurately so I don't have to undo a lot. Right now this LE1700 is at 2gb ddr2 and I plan to go to 4gb.

I do often go to the Tablet properties and adjust the firmness since I seem to have different responses depending on what program I use.

On the LE1600 I frequently encountered that Stray Dab issue with the Artist's oils. I haven't seen it as of yet on the LE1700.

I try not to work too much over the monitor's native resolution but I manage pretty well with this thing. Just take what I need to finish onto my regular PC and I'm good.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Arshes Nei For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi!
    I have just bought a second hand Lenovo X61T, great condition.
    I just love the SXGA+ screen, 3 hours of battery life, dual core 1.6ghz, 4gb ram and Windows 7 64bit.
    Just one thing is annoying me: I have to recalibrate the pen to the screen every five minutes or so. I use Sketchbook Pro and I just hate doing it over and over again, and even if I do calibarte, it's not always accurate.
    Please, can someone help me figure it out?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I have installed Photoshop CS3 and I am not having any pen issues at all with the MC LE1600. This is good yet bad. This means this is a PS CS 5 issue. I really like PS CS 5 but the weird pressure problem makes it really had to illustrate with.

Nick Zuccarello

Character Artist

For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. (John 3:17)

My Blog

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I have question regarding pressure sensitivity using SketchBook.

I currently have a LE1700 on Vista Business 32bit, 2GB Memory, Dual Core CPU.

Seems that that my brush/pencil strokes go from soft to hard very fast with not much inbetween gradation.

I installed the Wacom Bamboo Drivers after I tried the regular Tablet PC drivers. Doesn't seem to make much of a difference.

It could be that my settings are not right on SketchBook?
    I jacked up the Stylus sensitivity to full but not much difference.

Any thoughts?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by nickzucc View Post
    I have installed Photoshop CS3 and I am not having any pen issues at all with the MC LE1600. This is good yet bad. This means this is a PS CS 5 issue. I really like PS CS 5 but the weird pressure problem makes it really had to illustrate with.
    CS has always been the fussiest with wacom drivers for as long as I can remember.

Bondok,

I think there is a pressure sensitivity function within Sketchbook Pro. Remember we already discussed that the gradation from dark to light will be a lot faster due to only having 256 levels of pressure sensitivity. I have a light touch with how I draw. You can also adjust the pencil with a Do It Yourself Brush based on that variant.

I also recall Sketchbook pro uses the writing recognition more than the tablet drivers?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Apps are as follows.

Artweaver
    Sketchbook Pro 2010
    A thin-app version of PS CS4 (ie portable)
    My Paint
    Easy Paint Tool Sai
    Corel Painter (I own several versions)
    Open Canvas 1.1 ( need to try it on the LE1700)

Other apps I had pondered installing:
    Dogwaffle
    Camtasia

MyPaint works much better on this than the LE1600, however, I still get those "polygon" circles if I draw them at a certain speed.
    Am I doing something wrong with mypaint? Every time I'm in tablet mode, and I try to use the color picker with that program, it freezes up. The only way for me to get out of it, is for me to hotkey the brush with R. I ended up just uninstalling the entire thing because of this.

Side note though, the toshiba portege m700 is spectacular! It doesn't lag on anything so far really.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Anybody have any hands-on experience on the lenovo thinkpad X201?

And, incidently, where to get one in the Uk?

My SketchBook

--Wait, whut? --
    Anonymous

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by art-of-tennis View Post
    Am I doing something wrong with mypaint? Every time I'm in tablet mode, and I try to use the color picker with that program, it freezes up. The only way for me to get out of it, is for me to hotkey the brush with R. I ended up just uninstalling the entire thing because of this.

Side note though, the toshiba portege m700 is spectacular! It doesn't lag on anything so far really.
    Is it possible that the Tablet PC drivers are conflicting with the Wacom Drivers?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Mossi View Post
    Anybody have any hands-on experience on the lenovo thinkpad X201?

And, incidently, where to get one in the Uk?
    I've searched for it but I think it's only sold in the US, no way I would import one, customs here would have a field day taxing me to high heavens.

You can check this artist review.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_bWimsGiU8

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Is it possible that the Tablet PC drivers are conflicting with the Wacom Drivers?
    I'm using the wacom tablet pc driver. It hasn't conflicted with photoshop, artrage, or photoshop cs4 extended... why would it conflict with mypaint over those? Perhaps it is though, I honestly still am rather new to tablet pcs.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I got the tablet PC, can I install regular Windows XP on it? I don't have the Tablet PC Edition and I can't buy from the network... :-(

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Just go with a 32 bit copy of Win7.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I tried Windows 7 - it makes me feel like my computer is not showing it's full performance... It is quite strong I'd say.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I've searched for it but I think it's only sold in the US, no way I would import one, customs here would have a field day taxing me to high heavens.

You can check this artist review.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_bWimsGiU8
    Thanks for your reply

My SketchBook

--Wait, whut? --
    Anonymous

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

LE1700: I bought my own!!

Thank you Castor and other users all advices and comments about LE1700. I bought my own LE and here is my blog address with my impressions: http://www.estudiomanga.com.br/blog/en/

regards.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Is the pen corded?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Is the pen corded?
    Do you mean tethered or needs a cord?

LE models have a "hole" through the eraser side so it can be tethered. It doesn't need a cord to operate. This is optional since my model the wifi antenna is missing (doesn't affect performance) and is not tethered, which is where the spot to tether it used to be. There is a station for your pen to sit inside, which you can press in to lock, and press again to pop out.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Do you mean tethered or needs a cord?

LE models have a "hole" through the eraser side so it can be tethered. It doesn't need a cord to operate. This is optional since my model the wifi antenna is missing (doesn't affect performance) and is not tethered, which is where the spot to tether it used to be. There is a station for your pen to sit inside, which you can press in to lock, and press again to pop out.
    If it needed a cord like those old pens you used to write on the TV screen, is it actually possible to use the Intuos 1/UD pens or was that just a rumor? On euro eBay there are a few View Anywhere LE1700 so I think I could one. I'm also considering the ThinkPad X201, for the same price of the Le1700 in Europe 926.132 EUR I could get the X201 from the US which has far above hardware, even with customs fees I think it's worth it, it all depends if I can get the Le1700 for a fair price.

Last edited by Portus; August 8th, 2010 at 10:56 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Someone had a list of pens it could use earlier in the thread I believe?

But it's not a corded device. It's just a string tether. Mine doesn't have the tether anymore because the attached tether was lost when the wifi antenna broke (I got a used device).

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey Guys/Gals -
    Do any of you recommend a Screen Protector for the LE1700?
    I found one at Amazon.com but I've never heard of Lexerd.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Would be cool if Wacom's Tablet PC pens worked, they look the best.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Would be cool if Wacom's Tablet PC pens worked, they look the best.
    Actually some of them do work if not all. I have an old ArtZ II, stylus from my old Wacom tablet and it seems to work ok. The stylus that comes with the le1700 seems to work better though. But it could be that mines that old... I bought it in 1995

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Same since what I want one is with an eraser and duo switch. Though this pen is pretty decent. I just need a couple of shortcuts out of habit. I tend to use the backswitch on my intuos for brush sizing and the front for color sampling, as well as the eraser end.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    How is the accuracy of the pen on this thing? I bought a hp tablet pc a long time ago and the cursor kept moving up to a centimeter away from where the pen actually touched at different parts of the screen.
    Tried lots of calibration options etc for about a month, but could never get it to work propperly. Contacted hp and they basically told me "tough luck". Dismantled the screen to see if i could insulate against magnetic disturbance, but still no luck.

Ended up stuffing it in a cubboard and went back to pencil and paper.

So, is this thing accurate? Or does the cursor move away from the pen here aswell?

If its not to much trouble. Place a ruler across the screen and draw along it and see if the line is straight or has bumps on it.

Thanks a lot

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Chalid View Post
    How is the accuracy of the pen on this thing? I bought a hp tablet pc a long time ago and the cursor kept moving up to a centimeter away from where the pen actually touched at different parts of the screen.
    Tried lots of calibration options etc for about a month, but could never get it to work propperly. Contacted hp and they basically told me "tough luck". Dismantled the screen to see if i could insulate against magnetic disturbance, but still no luck.

Ended up stuffing it in a cubboard and went back to pencil and paper.

So, is this thing accurate? Or does the cursor move away from the pen here aswell?

If its not to much trouble. Place a ruler across the screen and draw along it and see if the line is straight or has bumps on it.

Thanks a lot
    I don't know about with the LE16/1700s, but I can tell you about my toshiba portege m700 tablet pc.

I have had it for about 2 weeks now, and I love the thing already. The cursor is entirely accurate, having the wacom tablet pc driver installed. It feels to me no different really from my bamboo. An example of something I've been doing on it would be this. http://i357.photobucket.com/albums/o...painting-1.png It's not done, but almost all of the detailing was done so far on my new tablet pc.

The toshiba is a more powerful machine than the 1600s atleast, I don't know about the 1700. I know that I got my m700 on ebay for $365, and it has dual core, 4GB of ram, and 2.0GHz processing. (core2 duo processor) A dual core le1700 is easily $700+. I had originally wanted one of those myself, but I decided to get this instead. Btw, that is photoshop cs4 it's running in that screenshot, and so far it has ran perfectly.

I hope that was helpful!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Art-of-tennis: Thanks, it was indeed helpfull.

I thought every tablet pc had the same issue.
    Couppled with the fact that the battery life of a piece of paper kicks ass, i never bought another.

I kinda like how flat the le's are though...

Arshes Nei or other le owners: Any thoughts on post 122?

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 12