LE1700 - portable cintiq - IT WORKS! - now with video! - Page 3
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: LE1700 - portable cintiq - IT WORKS! - now with video!

Arshes Nei is offline Registered User Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,259 Times in 2,074 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Just to let you know a 2gb kit only costs about 40-50 bucks on Amazon.com. Just look up crucial to find out what you need.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm still having issues with the pressure sensitivity dropping out in Photoshop. It is happening in Painter as well, but it is very, very rare that this happens.

I'm attaching an image so you can see the offending stroke that is happening.

Here is a response that I got from Wacom support team (I asked if there was any software that could detect what was happening input wise for the tablet. I also made him aware that the native tablet pen drivers were running at the same time as the wacom drivers):

"Unfortunately don’t have any monitoring software that can tell us what exactly is happening. I wasn’t aware that your computer was still running it’s native tablet drivers, if you remove our drivers completely and use the native ones, I realize that you may not have pressure then, does your tablet work fine then? If so you may want to try removing the native drivers and installing only ours to see if that works any better. This is unfortunately why we don’t officially support Tablet PC computer’s using our hardware as we’re unable to keep up with the software each manufacturer is using as well as any modifications they may have made."

You can see the offending mark on the middle of his nose.

Any help would be awesome, this little glitch is running the entire drawing experience.

Peace-NickZ.

PS. I am using Tabtip tamer V3 as a last resort and this still has no effect.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by nickzucc; July 15th, 2010 at 01:54 PM. Reason: adding a line.
    Nick Zuccarello

Character Artist

For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. (John 3:17)

My Blog

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I think when I installed the drivers, I used a graphire 3 ones instead of Bamboo. I can't remember for sure.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    @ Surpher - yeah, I tried those drivers! Thanks for the suggestion.

I have found some improvement.

I followed the instructions here at this thread, and the problem has been greatly reduced.

http://www.tabletpcbuzz.com/showthread.php?t=37598

"Basically, you install the Bamboo driver, then, they have a link to a file named "cons521-6_int.exe" that you install next.

Do not use the Wacom TabletPC drivers, uninstall them. Use the above files, instead."

Every now and then the problem stroke will rear its ugly head. I'm starting to wonder if I have a faulty pen. Although I still do not believe that is what the problem is.

when everything works right, this sure is fun!

Last edited by nickzucc; July 16th, 2010 at 04:25 PM. Reason: adding line
    Nick Zuccarello

Character Artist

For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. (John 3:17)

My Blog

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Although I am having an issue with my tablet, I am still able to make some art. I hope I can figure out what is causing this erratic stroke, because this little set up is exactly what I was looking for!

Nick Zuccarello

Character Artist

My Blog

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I downloaded the Sketchbook Pro demo. I have been drawing in the app for hours and I have not had one single pressure sensitive issue the entire time.

I'm going to have to install an older version of Photoshop and see if I am still having issues with pressure sensitivity.

I must say that sketchbook pro is great for a tablet with no key board.

I can also get really nice clean lines with nice thick to thin no matter what zoom level I am working on. In Photoshop I can only get these clean lines if I am at 100. % or 200 %.

I know I keep going on and on about this subject, but I hope me documenting this problem will help someone else out later on down the road.

Nick Zuccarello

Character Artist

My Blog

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    No keep going Nick! LOL I'm loving the notes cause I'm still debating if I should get the LE1700 or a HP TM2T w/ a Matte screen protector or something else.

I do have a quick question, do you have any issues with operating in Photoshop for photo manipulation/painting or are do you find that you're limited to the amount of layers you can create due to file size? Obviously the pen sensitivity is the biggest problem but was curious about other issues working with the application. I'll probably do some matte paintings for example, which may require me to bring in some large photo files or a decent amount of layers while working on a large canvas.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    @ bondok- I have not noticed any issues with adding multiple layers. I think the thing you need ask yourself us this, do I want a digital sketchbook or do I want a full fledged machine to make final art with?

If you want a digital sketchbook, then in my opinion even the MC LE 1600 will be enough. (very large brushes in PS and Painter will slow the machine down.)

I'm very impressed with the TM2T. It looks like it is a very powerful machine. It looks like it should handle large file sizes no problem. Wacom is still the tech behind the screen so I believe there would be no change in the way the tablet draws.

If you have the cash I would say go with the TM2T.

All depends on what you are looking for!

Good luck!

Nick Zuccarello

Character Artist

My Blog

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Would you pay CAN$1200 for a used j3400 in verified like new condition?
    Trying to decide what to do.

Thanks for helping me. Please allow me to he human. I'll do my best, likewise for you. I've found more peace in forgiveness than in the pursuit of flawlessness.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Here is some fun that I had last night with Sketchbook Pro. What a cool little app.

The only thing that I wish it had was layer blending modes. I also like to use layer masks and layer groups in Photoshop. Other than that SBP is perfect for a tablet.

I'm going to attach some Wacom pop up menus to this post as well. It took me quite a bit of time getting these set up in the Wacom prefs. To use, set your pen button click to "pop up".

Attached Files Attached Files
    Nick Zuccarello

Character Artist

My Blog

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    If you are looking into the HP Touch Smart TM2. You might want to note that someone did a video showing someone sketching in Photohsop.

Here is the video.

They said:

"Original stylus is so bad (few pressure level). To have more pressure level: 512, you have this stylus on wacom website: PL-900 Stylet (Stulus) "

If you would like to find the pen, look here:

Stylus with 512 levels of pressure sensitivity

Just something to think about.

I really like this computer (HP Touch Smart TM2), but the LE 1600 or 1700 do have some buttons that I reprogram for tab, alt, shift ect. That would be missing from the HP Touch Smart TM2.

Another thing to consider.

I was at best buy (Target had them as well) and I did see a USB Numpad for laptops, I would think that you could get one of those and then program the buttons to do what ever you like using Autohotkey.

Speaking of Autohotkey, I downloaded the latest version along with the radial menu scripts. I have no idea how to get this working, I'm not getting any mouse gesture recognition on my tablet. Anyone had luck getting this up and running? This looks like it would be very cool/powerful for Tablet PC Artist.

Nick Zuccarello

Character Artist

My Blog

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The HP Touchsmart TM2 is $880 which is around the same size and cost of the 12WX, if it handles A4 300 DPI well then it's another TabletPC to consider. The quality of the screen is the only thing I would question in these tablets.

A great feature of the HP Touchsmart TM2 is that it doubles a Tablet PC and a laptop! Really useful and a great idea, it's also easier to find in Europe than the LE1700/1600.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The TM2t does look really nice. I've read some decent reviews on tabletpc forums, but the one thing that keeps standing out is the screen.
    Apparently the screen is very glossy that it's best viewed in dim lighting.
    I've seen those YouTube videos, and that guy's work is really good. I liked watching how he really uses alot of the tablet pc apps in his work flow.

With that said it seems like the Fujitsu's and Motion Computing have some good indoor/outdoor & viewanywhere features that help in brighter work areas. I have a friend who purchased a Fujitsu T4310 and it handled Photoshop pretty well. I only had a few minutes with it so I really didn't do much besides a single layer sketch with a couple colors.

I did notice some of the teachers and students for TAD talking about the Fujitsu t5010. I didn't see, exactly who owned one though. Hopefully one of them sees this thread and posts

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The Fujitsu was posted on the first page of thread but I couldn't confirm if it has a PVA panel.

The Lenovo ThinkPad X201t has a IPS panel, so it should have good color and best viewing angles, the screen finish seems glossy:

Last edited by Portus; July 20th, 2010 at 02:02 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    As crazy expensive this is: http://amzn.com/B001RB21J4

Would this theoretically work with an LE1700? Or would the bios kick in with a memory limit?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Arshes Nei View Post
    As crazy expensive this is: http://amzn.com/B001RB21J4

Would this theoretically work with an LE1700? Or would the bios kick in with a memory limit?
    Hi Arshes,

From my limited knowledge of hardware I think you'll be limited to what the system BIOS + Hardware will support. The memory will fit but either (like you said) the system will blue screen, not boot up, or continually crash due to the BIOS limitation.

You're also limited to the OS you have installed. Win 7 32Bit up to 3.5 GB believe and Win 7 64BIT can support more than 8GB depending on what version.

Hope that helps.

Bondok

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Bondok For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I already knew about the OS..which more accurately is not so much Windows7 but any 32bit vs 64bit OS has a memory limit. It's just I am not sure if the current version of bios I have on the LE1700 (I flashed it to the latest version on Motion Computing's site) will accept more than 4gb of ram.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I have run into another issue.

My Tablet PC hardware buttons for the LE1600 give me an odd behavior when I hold the function button in for a few seconds. I know this isn't a bug because this spinning icon of yellow and blue arrows comes up underneath my cursor location.

I was mapping things to the function + other buttons but this is causing problems with the hotkeys that I have mapped.

I'm not sure if this is a Wacom thing or a press and hold tablet pc thing.

I have disabled all press and hold behavior (that I can find) for both the motion computing settings and also the wacom settings.

I have been looking all over the net trying to find some information on what is happening but I'm not finding anything.

Anyone see this type of behavior on their LE1600 or LE1700?

Thanks for the help in advance.

NickZ.

Last edited by nickzucc; July 22nd, 2010 at 07:33 PM. Reason: problem is not fixed.
    Nick Zuccarello

Character Artist

My Blog

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Here is what an image of the spinning arrow cursor thing looks like on the MC LE1600.

Ever seen this?

Nick Zuccarello

Character Artist

My Blog

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Is this on Windows 7?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    This is Windows XP.

Nick Zuccarello

Character Artist

My Blog

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Oh weird. I noticed you said you disabled all the hold and press features, but some reason the cursor looks like some Win7 thing. hmmm will have to look it up then :/

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I removed from my previous post what I thought was the solution to my odd Photoshop temporary loss of pressure sensitivity. The new bamboo drivers came out so I installed them. This round for the bamboo drivers DO NOT SUPPORT TABLET PCS. I used it any way and ran the "cons521-6_int.exe" after the install. I painted for al full day (only a few hours) and no problems. Well it is back today, so problem is still not fixed.

So I uninstalled the new Bamboo drivers and went back a driver revision and this new tablet button hold problem is no longer an issue.

The really odd thing is all my problems seem to be Photoshop cs5 only. I guess I will just have to live with it. I hope the next tablet pc wacom driver update fixes this minor glitch.

Nick Zuccarello

Character Artist

My Blog

25. The Following User Says Thank You to nickzucc For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey Guys, I've joined the LE1700 owner list

I'm super excited, it's in transit now!

Do you know if it's wise to upgrade to Windows 7? I do like Win 7 better in terms of stability. The I bought has a Vista Business OS install.

On top of that.. now I need to figure out which Apps I need to install...
    I got CS4, now I'm wondering if I should get SketchBook or any other apps.
    Decisions decisions..

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Bondok, mine is running Win7 64 bit right now, and I love how it performs over XP tablet Edition. I was kind of worried about the pen flicks/tablet stuff on Win7 but overall it feels much better. I put it in on 64bit because I do plan to upgrade to about 4gb

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I just bought a toshiba portege m700 for this sort of purpose. It's still in transit, but I'm eager to see how it works. It isn't as portable as the 16 or 1700, but it has 4GB of ram, dual core, 2.0GHz, a 120GB hard drive, and an indoor/outdoor screen. I'm hoping to run photoshop cs4, mypaint, and sketchbookpro on it. Has anyone tried one of these yet? It looks promising, what with its epic specs and such.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    LE1700 owners, how are you guys getting apps like PhotoShop or Windows 7 OS to your systems? Curious what external DVD player you're using?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Bondok View Post
    LE1700 owners, how are you guys getting apps like PhotoShop or Windows 7 OS to your systems? Curious what external DVD player you're using?
    I just plugged in an external DVD player. I do remember seeing a site that also gave you instructions on how to make a Win7 USB flash installation.

http://www.intowindows.com/how-to-in...working-guide/

You can also network your computers if you have more than one. I often transfer files that way by putting them under the same homegroup name for WiFi access.

31. The Following User Says Thank You to Arshes Nei For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Awesome, thanks!

Arshes - What apps are you using on your LE? PS, SB?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Bondok View Post
    Awesome, thanks!

Arshes - What apps are you using on your LE? PS, SB?
    Apps are as follows.

Artweaver
    Sketchbook Pro 2010
    A thin-app version of PS CS4 (ie portable)
    My Paint
    Easy Paint Tool Sai
    Corel Painter (I own several versions)
    Open Canvas 1.1 ( need to try it on the LE1700)

Other apps I had pondered installing:
    Dogwaffle
    Camtasia

MyPaint works much better on this than the LE1600, however, I still get those "polygon" circles if I draw them at a certain speed.

34. The Following User Says Thank You to Arshes Nei For This Useful Post:

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 12