IDW #126: Anti-gun - Voting

View testimonialsView Artwork

View Poll Results: Vote for your favourite entry in this round of IDW!

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pinback

8 16.33%
  • emerging

6 12.24%
  • struve

3 6.12%
  • mbetteker

9 18.37%
  • JanJager

7 14.29%
  • Reymus

9 18.37%
  • John McKenna

0 0%
  • Skyline

0 0%
  • cjuzzz

5 10.20%
  • Cremator

2 4.08%
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,130 Times in 479 Posts
    Follows
    Following

Icon IDW #126: Anti-gun - Voting

IDW #126 Topic: Anti-gun

Deadline for voting: Sunday, May 9

No voting for your own entries! I repeat, no voting for your own entries

Give critiques and comments, we're all here to learn from each other!

Original thread: IDW #126: Anti-gun

Name:  IDW logo poll smaller.JPG
Views: 1806
Size:  7.5 KB

Last edited by yoitisi; May 2nd, 2010 at 09:03 AM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    More than a high-tech caulking gun, the P-131 is designed to provide versatile repair capabilities during EVA missions in deep space. Primarily used to seal minor hull breaches in interstallar craft by squirting a high strength epoxy, it can also fire bolts to help secure plating for larger breaches and features an electro-magnet powered grappling piton. A must have for deep space salvage and repair crews.

Attached Images Attached Images  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    D-551s uses specially designed plasma to speed up the process of self regeneration to an extreme.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The "Blastema" gun gives the ability to regrow lost body parts.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

The Anti+Gun

A need arose, many were falling. Supplies were scattered and we had little hope... But then upon one sunrise... he came! Using what things he could gather he built the Anti+Gun and reinvigorated our vanguard to send us to victory!

Last edited by mbetteker; May 1st, 2010 at 02:33 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,398 Times in 388 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Anti-Gun
    Spray on wounds to stop bleeding or prevent infection. Jellying in seconds.
    Splint a broken limb with the fracture mode. Gives a hard binding instant.
    A must for al aid groups, ambulance teams, or for personal use in tough environments. Only available on ConceptArt

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Collider Med Pistol

Small enough to carry into any disaster or conflict area, AG Med-Pistol is designed to efficiently carry a highly potent nano-gel onto wounded patients.
    Just point, shoot and watch those shrapnel, bullet, and environmental wounds close in a matter of seconds!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    IDW#126: Anti-Gun

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Named the “heal gun” or “dock gun” this fascinating piece of equipment is capable of analysing ailments and delivering the precise amount of vaccine. It is also capable of clotting nearly any wound with its remarkable formulas. All you have to do is point and click.
    Name:  heal gun final copy copy.jpg
Views: 1395
Size:  216.7 KB

Last edited by skyline; May 1st, 2010 at 04:39 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey guys! love the entries! they're all really interesting
    this is mine...my first idw...a great learning experience since i normally don't do industrial design...came up with a futuristic, Halo-inspired design...wish i could have rendered it with materials but this is all i could get to with the time i have...anyways good luck everyone!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

The Stitcher

Sooo this is my first CA submission and I really didn't think I was going to make it. My anti-gun centers around these golem-esque creatures with stretchy but thick leather hide, synthetic bones, gooey orange insides, a rudimentary brain, and they are sealed vertically along their bodies with stitching, thus they are called stitchlings. Each stitchling in the squad has a unique weapon specification and this one in particular is what makes the squads self sufficent and able to make repeat attacks on their target. The Stitcher and its Stitch-o-matic repair the other Stitchlings when the time calls for it, so in a way the Stitcher and the Stitch-o-matic are both industrial designs. The Stitch-o-matic first attaches to the injured in the wounded area using the 2 claws, they can adjust up and down those sliders, the wound is first sprayed with a fixative to seal the skin momentarily (this detereiorates after tiem) so the stitchings can be fired, it's essentially a nailgun that fires stitches if that helps. The backpack-thing is actually part of his body and holds both compressed air tanks for the gun and lots of stitchling blood that can be intravenously pumped into the wounded. I used mostly watercolor and ink with some acrylic paint. I hope this isn't too much text for you guys but my concepts usually don't get much farther than my mind xD enjoy IDW #126: Anti-gun - Voting

Thanks
    Thanked 1,130 Times in 479 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Just a few notes on this round:

Glad to see a bunch of entries in here after a slow start this week, I was afraid I picked the wrong topic I saw a few entries in here that did not post any WIPs or progress shots in the original thread, and while I'm not going to make this compulsory I would like to encourage everyone to do so in future rounds, as well as posting crits and comments in there during the week!

And, same as always, feel free to post those crits and comments in here as well

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Feedback time .

Pinback - I like how it seems thrown together and that you've made two different barrels for the different materials they eject.

Emerging - Standard sci-fi fare, well done, though it does look a little dark and bulbous in some areas.

Struve - The perspective is off, as we see the front of the gun in 3/4 view but the chamber/handle area is leaning more to a side view. Also, the grip seems odd for a pistol sized weapon, extending the body and providing a middle grip would make sense for it.

Mbetteker - Nicely done, talk about thrown together. Got my vote .

JanJager - Good show of the application, but I'll be honest, for the guns themselves, they're really just pistol/automatic/rifle. You could have made an interesting nozzle design, or hose similar to a fire extinguishers which could have made the guns themselves a bit more involving.

Cjuzzz - Nice design, and explanation as well.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    This is a very tough round to vote for. There are many wonderful ideas and great illustrations. I ended up voting for Reymus because while his design is very simple, it's to-the-point and look sufficiently different from a real gun while retaining the trigger parts. I can imagine a manufacture wanting to make a product that make immediate visual sense while isn't easily confused with a real gun.

Pinback: That's a really awesome style. I like the gun a lot. It doesn't look like a non-combat gun to me, but if I could use this in a FPS game I'm totally sold.

emerging: the design looks rad and you have many great shapes going on. I think the color palette might have made the gun look a little threatening.

struve: I would have voted for you if I could vote for 2 ppl. Very stylish design and I have no trouble identifying what it is.

mbetteker: very fresh idea as usual. It looks pieced together from everyday objects. The downside of that is I found myself starting to question the plausibility of the device even though I never flinched when seeing magical tech that make even less sense, haha. Uncanny valley in industrial design?

Gotta run but more crits coming later, sorry!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Awesome round!! Wow, evidence shows this was quite a good mix.

I will be providing feedback shortly, and thank you everyone for your feedback!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Struve It feels like there's some minor perspective issues with your drawing (the front section and the handle section don't seem to line up), but the design itself is cool, it looks like if Team fortress 2 was made in the unreal 3 engine.

Pinback Yours is probably my favorite, it really reminds me of Keith Thompson's designs.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.