Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Updated! The art of the feminine form with Manley/Zhanglu NOW ON DEMAND!!!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hive_minD View Post
    ... sigh
    ...What a truly arrogant remark! I took the chance to purchase this streaming class based on your earlier recommendations. When it doesn't work you have only this response instead of offering help. Nice! I guess when you sigh there's something obvious I can do to make things work that I just don't know about. Why don't you assist a new user of this community in solving a problem instead of being resentful of the fact that I don't like this concept (yet) as much as you apparently do!

For your information I did in fact enjoy the part of the class I have managed to watch so far! But it's very hard to follow a demonstration that is so technically flawed as this one. And it's very flawed by any standard! As you might well know the video is completely jagged up. It surely helped with the direct links but then you have the problems with synchronizing the sound and video. I can't jump more than a couple minutes back and forth on the Elluminate interface which makes it impossible to skip sections you have already watched!...
    Last edited by Ben Locke; May 5th, 2010 at 02:02 AM. Reason: typos and grammar
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Ben Locke For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    sorry i don't understand how this works. So you basically pay 50 dollars to watch the tutorial, but after you finished watching it once, can you rewatch it?

Thanks
    Kume: As far as I understood you can watch it as often as you want for 30 days. But you have to be online during you watch it because it is streaming, not downloading.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Locke View Post
    ...What a truly arrogant remark! I took the chance to purchase this streaming class based on your earlier recommendations. When it doesn't work you have only this response instead of offering help. Nice! I guess when you sigh there's something obvious I can do to make things work that I just don't know about. Why don't you assist a new user of this community in solving a problem instead of being resentful of the fact that I don't like this concept (yet) as much as you apparently do!

For your information I did in fact enjoy the part of the class I have managed to watch so far! But it's very hard to follow a demonstration that is so technically flawed as this one. And it's very flawed by any standard! As you might well know the video is completely jagged up. It surely helped with the direct links but then you have the problems with synchronizing the sound and video. I can't jump more than a couple minutes back and forth on the Elluminate interface which makes it impossible to skip sections you have already watched!...
    Ben, yes I apologize. Rally. I was tired and I just typed that nonsense. The reason I did it is because it seemed like you focused on the negative side of your experience, and not on the positive sides. But now after a good nights sleep I realise that it isn´t so easy, when you expected something better. So again, sorry about the comment.

My experience of the class (that which I got to see so far), was that the video indeed wasn´t as hight quality in the class, but for me it was good enough to view alongside while listening to Jason and the Others that pitched in. Later on I checked out the video via the link as you did. Guess there isn´t another fix for that, though you could try resizing both the class window, and the internet window(with the video) so they are alongside, and click play just as Jason starts it. Hope it helps at least, and I do hope you got something out of it, and that it wont be your last streaming class.

Chris

p.s: I´m deleting that comment. so sorry again. Dunno what came over me.
    Work hard, anything is possible. I know, I know, it’s a very cheesy response but it’s true. Hard work and dedication is the key to reach your dreams. -Bjørn Hurri

Website
    CA Sketchbook
    Facebook Page

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hive_minD For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hive_minD View Post
    Ben, yes I apologize. Rally. I was tired and I just typed that nonsense. The reason I did it is because it seemed like you focused on the negative side of your experience, and not on the positive sides. But now after a good nights sleep I realise that it isn´t so easy, when you expected something better. So again, sorry about the comment.
    Apology accepted!

I was probably tired too after trying to make things work and maybe I was focusing on the negative. I have a really demanding day job and my interest in creating art is something I do in my evenings as a hobby to unwind (that is until I retire some 20 years from now)! That doesn't mean that I don't love art!

Anyway, I will try to make it work when I come home from my Aikido class this evening. Got past the first video session last night but would like to jump directly to the next session without having to replay the session I have already watched! However, when I try to scrub the timeline cursor forward the Elluminate interface stalls completely and sometimes even crash the computer. I really don't know what is going on as I suppose you should be able to fast forward/skip/replay sessions. Or have I misunderstood something?...

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Ben Locke For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Locke View Post
    Apology accepted!

I was probably tired too after trying to make things work and maybe I was focusing on the negative. I have a really demanding day job and my interest in creating art is something I do in my evenings as a hobby to unwind (that is until I retire some 20 years from now)! That doesn't mean that I don't love art!

Anyway, I will try to make it work when I come home from my Aikido class this evening. Got past the first video session last night but would like to jump directly to the next session without having to replay the session I have already watched! However, when I try to scrub the timeline cursor forward the Elluminate interface stalls completely and sometimes even crash the computer. I really don't know what is going on as I suppose you should be able to fast forward/skip/replay sessions. Or have I misunderstood something?...
    That is weird that is stalls that long. I usually open Elluminate and wait a little to let the class load up (press stop). Then you´ll se the blue line become longer. when that is done I can click anywhere on the timeline. I still have it on stop and watch as Elluminate loads up towards the point I have selected. -you should see the xhat forum update itself. once that chat has stopped updating, I then press play and it works smoothly.
    Could give it a try. I think it helps pausing and stopping seeing on demand isnt only a recording of the class but also the chat and everything, allowing you to scroll back to previous posts in chat window even though you are watching a recorded version of the class. (Dunno if that made sense)

Chris
    Work hard, anything is possible. I know, I know, it’s a very cheesy response but it’s true. Hard work and dedication is the key to reach your dreams. -Bjørn Hurri

Website
    CA Sketchbook
    Facebook Page

Thanks
    Thanked 11,358 Times in 2,879 Posts
    If you are one of the few with technical problems please email scooterATtheartdepartment.org and he can assist you directly.

J

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Jason Manley For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    are all future video tutorials going to be uploaded this way? ㄱ_ㄱ

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kume View Post
    are all future video tutorials going to be uploaded this way? ㄱ_ㄱ
    Streaming classes yes, but they will surely be continuing with downloadable videos. Check the other forums.
    Chris

Website
    CA Sketchbook
    Facebook Page

Thanks
    Hey,

I got the video on demand. But its really chopping and laggy...the sounds is perfect and everything though. i watched a bit of it but got really annoyed by it. I did hear him talking about another link which was provided for the people who attended it, and that seemed to help them all. I never did see a link posted except that first one which needed a password which i do not have access to.

Just wondering if someone can give me the time in the video in which a new one was posted? or was that just for the people who attended it live?

cheers

Thanks
    I believe they posted the second link shortly after the first one.. within a minute or two.

I really enjoyed the streaming course, and would LOVE to see more like this for $50. At that price, I could easily justify paying for such a learning experience. I watched it all on-demand over 3 days, as there were so many valuable tips in those 4 hours, I learned a lot and I had to try it all Love the format, and again, I really hope you will do more at this price! Highly recommended if you want to draw figures better.
    Sketchbook - freakmod wants to learn how to draw really well

Thanks
    I cannot attend the classes because of different time zone and school, but the videos will always be available, is that correct?

I look forward to this.

Thanks
    Just finished watching this on demand, was enlightening. As always I feel I took away alot from it, especially as someone just starting out. Thanks CA =)
    R.I.P Frank Frazetta 1928-2010

-Sketchbook-
    On its way!

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Flapenko For This Useful Post:

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast