Updated! The art of the feminine form with Manley/Zhanglu NOW ON DEMAND!!! - Page 4

Join 500,000+ artists on ConceptArt.Org.

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 91 to 120 of 134
  1. #91
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    963
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 13 Times in 13 Posts
    This was my first streaming online class and I have to say I was please and felt it was worth the cost.

    Whatever you do, don't look at my Sketchbook and Painting Thread!


    "I reject your reality and substitute my own" - Adam Savage, Mythbusters
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  


  2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
  3. The Following User Says Thank You to MarkHarchar For This Useful Post:


  4. #92
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    TW
    Posts
    5
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    has anyone watched the on demand yet?? i have the file and everything but it just won't seem to load. it has been "downloading the recording" for an hour or so already....is it even available yet??

    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

  5. #93
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    205
    Thanks
    29
    Thanked 269 Times in 64 Posts
    hmm.. opchia I checked out the ON demand last night and it worked fine. Not sure what the issue could be. If the problem persists please forward your invoice and a brief description of the problem to me at scooter(at)theartdepartment(dot)org

    Thanks

    scooter

    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

  6. #94
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    The Earth Realm
    Posts
    5
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I "attended" the session on Sunday, my first one in fact. I really enjoyed it and honestly would do it every couple of weeks or so (if not every week) at the $50 price.

    The content was amazing. I really enjoyed the first video shown and the discussion during it. I would have like to see a few of the other videos shown in more completion (from start to finish), but understand the time constraints involved. Perhaps in the future when demos like the videos shown are created for specific classes, the "full" versions can be made available for download or viewing?

    Technology issues happened, but they are somewhat to be expected. That being said, the CA team handled them like pros and kept us moving along at a reasonable pace.

    I'm hoping to see similar sessions in the future that are based on traditional art mediums.

    Many thanks to everyone that made this happen, including the participant artists. It was very enlightening and inspiring.

    P.S. - I think someone asked earlier about Mac compatibility -- it ran just fine on my i7 iMac.

    /salute

    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

  7. #95
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    41
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts
    Thanks for the info craz! I got it up and running. Buuuut the video is showing up reallyyy bad quality on my computer and I'm running with comcast highspeed internet (broadband), the sound and everything surrounding is perfect but I know it is supposed to be running in HD and I'm totally not getting that. Its really choppy and the actual photoshop screen is really jagged and blurry. But then later on in the video when it is just the demonstration with Jason it looks perfect. I downloaded the female faces tutorial and it looked amazing so I don’t know whats up. I want to say maybe my computer is not powerful enough but I do a lot of digital art with very high resolution and high pixel count soooo…??? lol
    Help if you can... thanks
    [IMG]Photobucket[/IMG]

    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

  8. #96
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Pacific Beach CA
    Posts
    4
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Just finished the On Demand stream of this class. Very nice. I learned a lot and/or was able to see things in a new way. Certainly worth $50!

    Wish I was able to afford TAD. Was a little skeptical how well you could teach art online but this stream impressed me quite a bit.

    Also, where is the "assignment" thread for the 200 heads posted? Don't see it...

    Last edited by Fuzzyblue; May 4th, 2010 at 02:10 AM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

  9. #97
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Norway, Bergen.
    Posts
    2,457
    Thanks
    3,869
    Thanked 361 Times in 288 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bluemoon View Post
    Thanks for the info craz! I got it up and running. Buuuut the video is showing up reallyyy bad quality on my computer and I'm running with comcast highspeed internet (broadband), the sound and everything surrounding is perfect but I know it is supposed to be running in HD and I'm totally not getting that. Its really choppy and the actual photoshop screen is really jagged and blurry. But then later on in the video when it is just the demonstration with Jason it looks perfect. I downloaded the female faces tutorial and it looked amazing so I don’t know whats up. I want to say maybe my computer is not powerful enough but I do a lot of digital art with very high resolution and high pixel count soooo…??? lol
    Help if you can... thanks
    [IMG]Photobucket[/IMG]
    Follow the links which Jason posted during the Class and watch them firectly there. Should work better.

    Work hard, anything is possible. I know, I know, it’s a very cheesy response but it’s true. Hard work and dedication is the key to reach your dreams. -Bjørn Hurri

    Website
    CA Sketchbook
    Facebook Page
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

  10. #98
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    41
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts

    Smile

    thanks a lot hive mind!

    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

  11. #99
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    41
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts
    This video changed my life. I'm not in school right and I think what you guys are doing at Massive Black is absolutely incredible. I would immidiately buy one of these every week and I think I speak for everyone on these forums- Thank You!!!

    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

  12. #100
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Copenhagen
    Posts
    7
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hive_minD View Post
    Follow the links which Jason posted during the Class and watch them firectly there. Should work better.
    I also have technical problems! I have tried to watch the On Demand Class several times but the Photoshop screen shown is updating in a such annoying way that I have given up to watch the lesson. I guess these problem shouldn't really happen as I'm on a brand new MacBook Pro and a high-speed internet connection, but they do. I also did try the direct link posted during the class but I was directed to a login screen. However, when I look at the text file I got with the purchase it doesn't seem to contain any login information. Can somebody help with this issue?...

    EDIT: I have solved this. Another link was posted a little later in the class. Now I just have to synchronize the video and audio. I guess these experiences have made it clear to me that I prefer a well produced digital download to a streaming class! No point in having these technical issues if you're not able to attend the classes live anyway...

    ANOTHER EDIT: Guess I'm having to give up on this one. Did finally manage to watch the first movie but when I came back to resume the class I'm having all kinds of trouble skipping the part I've already watched. As a matter of fact the Elluminate application is telling me: »76:28 until playback resumes«. Please, you got to be kidding. Don't have that much time on my hands!...

    Last edited by Ben Locke; May 4th, 2010 at 03:38 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

  13. #101
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    129
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 15 Times in 15 Posts
    Can you still watch the female figure on demand and still pay the 50.00 to watch for 30 days?

    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

  14. #102
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Austin TX
    Posts
    9,959
    Thanks
    2,028
    Thanked 10,914 Times in 2,483 Posts
    Yes you can. Thanks for asking!

    Yes, I posted video links in the class chat which you can stream high def video.


    Jason

    LEVEL UP! - ConceptArt.Org online workshops are on sale- Join now and get an additional month for free!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

  15. #103
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    129
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 15 Times in 15 Posts
    Ok. thanks a lot. I'll give it try tonite. I'm pretty excited about this one.

    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

  16. #104
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    scottsdale
    Posts
    130
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 11 Times in 11 Posts
    I have no idea to watch this class again watched a little of it yesterday and logged off. I have no ides how to watch it again as well as don't have the receipt to it. what can I do about this.

    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

  17. #105
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Copenhagen
    Posts
    7
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hive_minD View Post
    ... sigh
    ...What a truly arrogant remark! I took the chance to purchase this streaming class based on your earlier recommendations. When it doesn't work you have only this response instead of offering help. Nice! I guess when you sigh there's something obvious I can do to make things work that I just don't know about. Why don't you assist a new user of this community in solving a problem instead of being resentful of the fact that I don't like this concept (yet) as much as you apparently do!

    For your information I did in fact enjoy the part of the class I have managed to watch so far! But it's very hard to follow a demonstration that is so technically flawed as this one. And it's very flawed by any standard! As you might well know the video is completely jagged up. It surely helped with the direct links but then you have the problems with synchronizing the sound and video. I can't jump more than a couple minutes back and forth on the Elluminate interface which makes it impossible to skip sections you have already watched!...

    Last edited by Ben Locke; May 5th, 2010 at 02:02 AM. Reason: typos and grammar
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to Ben Locke For This Useful Post:


  19. #106
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    11
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    sorry i don't understand how this works. So you basically pay 50 dollars to watch the tutorial, but after you finished watching it once, can you rewatch it?

    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

  20. #107
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    1,109
    Thanks
    4,811
    Thanked 355 Times in 291 Posts
    Kume: As far as I understood you can watch it as often as you want for 30 days. But you have to be online during you watch it because it is streaming, not downloading.

    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

  21. #108
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Norway, Bergen.
    Posts
    2,457
    Thanks
    3,869
    Thanked 361 Times in 288 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Locke View Post
    ...What a truly arrogant remark! I took the chance to purchase this streaming class based on your earlier recommendations. When it doesn't work you have only this response instead of offering help. Nice! I guess when you sigh there's something obvious I can do to make things work that I just don't know about. Why don't you assist a new user of this community in solving a problem instead of being resentful of the fact that I don't like this concept (yet) as much as you apparently do!

    For your information I did in fact enjoy the part of the class I have managed to watch so far! But it's very hard to follow a demonstration that is so technically flawed as this one. And it's very flawed by any standard! As you might well know the video is completely jagged up. It surely helped with the direct links but then you have the problems with synchronizing the sound and video. I can't jump more than a couple minutes back and forth on the Elluminate interface which makes it impossible to skip sections you have already watched!...
    Ben, yes I apologize. Rally. I was tired and I just typed that nonsense. The reason I did it is because it seemed like you focused on the negative side of your experience, and not on the positive sides. But now after a good nights sleep I realise that it isn´t so easy, when you expected something better. So again, sorry about the comment.

    My experience of the class (that which I got to see so far), was that the video indeed wasn´t as hight quality in the class, but for me it was good enough to view alongside while listening to Jason and the Others that pitched in. Later on I checked out the video via the link as you did. Guess there isn´t another fix for that, though you could try resizing both the class window, and the internet window(with the video) so they are alongside, and click play just as Jason starts it. Hope it helps at least, and I do hope you got something out of it, and that it wont be your last streaming class.

    Chris

    p.s: I´m deleting that comment. so sorry again. Dunno what came over me.

    Work hard, anything is possible. I know, I know, it’s a very cheesy response but it’s true. Hard work and dedication is the key to reach your dreams. -Bjørn Hurri

    Website
    CA Sketchbook
    Facebook Page
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

  22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hive_minD For This Useful Post:


  23. #109
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Copenhagen
    Posts
    7
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hive_minD View Post
    Ben, yes I apologize. Rally. I was tired and I just typed that nonsense. The reason I did it is because it seemed like you focused on the negative side of your experience, and not on the positive sides. But now after a good nights sleep I realise that it isn´t so easy, when you expected something better. So again, sorry about the comment.
    Apology accepted!

    I was probably tired too after trying to make things work and maybe I was focusing on the negative. I have a really demanding day job and my interest in creating art is something I do in my evenings as a hobby to unwind (that is until I retire some 20 years from now)! That doesn't mean that I don't love art!

    Anyway, I will try to make it work when I come home from my Aikido class this evening. Got past the first video session last night but would like to jump directly to the next session without having to replay the session I have already watched! However, when I try to scrub the timeline cursor forward the Elluminate interface stalls completely and sometimes even crash the computer. I really don't know what is going on as I suppose you should be able to fast forward/skip/replay sessions. Or have I misunderstood something?...

    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

  24. The Following User Says Thank You to Ben Locke For This Useful Post:


  25. #110
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Norway, Bergen.
    Posts
    2,457
    Thanks
    3,869
    Thanked 361 Times in 288 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Locke View Post
    Apology accepted!

    I was probably tired too after trying to make things work and maybe I was focusing on the negative. I have a really demanding day job and my interest in creating art is something I do in my evenings as a hobby to unwind (that is until I retire some 20 years from now)! That doesn't mean that I don't love art!

    Anyway, I will try to make it work when I come home from my Aikido class this evening. Got past the first video session last night but would like to jump directly to the next session without having to replay the session I have already watched! However, when I try to scrub the timeline cursor forward the Elluminate interface stalls completely and sometimes even crash the computer. I really don't know what is going on as I suppose you should be able to fast forward/skip/replay sessions. Or have I misunderstood something?...
    That is weird that is stalls that long. I usually open Elluminate and wait a little to let the class load up (press stop). Then you´ll se the blue line become longer. when that is done I can click anywhere on the timeline. I still have it on stop and watch as Elluminate loads up towards the point I have selected. -you should see the xhat forum update itself. once that chat has stopped updating, I then press play and it works smoothly.
    Could give it a try. I think it helps pausing and stopping seeing on demand isnt only a recording of the class but also the chat and everything, allowing you to scroll back to previous posts in chat window even though you are watching a recorded version of the class. (Dunno if that made sense)

    Chris

    Work hard, anything is possible. I know, I know, it’s a very cheesy response but it’s true. Hard work and dedication is the key to reach your dreams. -Bjørn Hurri

    Website
    CA Sketchbook
    Facebook Page
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

  26. #111
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Austin TX
    Posts
    9,959
    Thanks
    2,028
    Thanked 10,914 Times in 2,483 Posts
    If you are one of the few with technical problems please email scooterATtheartdepartment.org and he can assist you directly.

    J

    LEVEL UP! - ConceptArt.Org online workshops are on sale- Join now and get an additional month for free!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

  27. The Following User Says Thank You to Jason Manley For This Useful Post:


  28. #112
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    11
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    are all future video tutorials going to be uploaded this way? ㄱ_ㄱ

    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

  29. #113
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Norway, Bergen.
    Posts
    2,457
    Thanks
    3,869
    Thanked 361 Times in 288 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kume View Post
    are all future video tutorials going to be uploaded this way? ㄱ_ㄱ
    Streaming classes yes, but they will surely be continuing with downloadable videos. Check the other forums.
    Chris

    Work hard, anything is possible. I know, I know, it’s a very cheesy response but it’s true. Hard work and dedication is the key to reach your dreams. -Bjørn Hurri

    Website
    CA Sketchbook
    Facebook Page
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

  30. #114
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    33
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Hey,

    I got the video on demand. But its really chopping and laggy...the sounds is perfect and everything though. i watched a bit of it but got really annoyed by it. I did hear him talking about another link which was provided for the people who attended it, and that seemed to help them all. I never did see a link posted except that first one which needed a password which i do not have access to.

    Just wondering if someone can give me the time in the video in which a new one was posted? or was that just for the people who attended it live?

    cheers

    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

  31. #115
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    267
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 75 Times in 75 Posts
    I believe they posted the second link shortly after the first one.. within a minute or two.

    I really enjoyed the streaming course, and would LOVE to see more like this for $50. At that price, I could easily justify paying for such a learning experience. I watched it all on-demand over 3 days, as there were so many valuable tips in those 4 hours, I learned a lot and I had to try it all Love the format, and again, I really hope you will do more at this price! Highly recommended if you want to draw figures better.

    Sketchbook - freakmod wants to learn how to draw really well
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

  32. #116
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    30
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 9 Times in 8 Posts
    I cannot attend the classes because of different time zone and school, but the videos will always be available, is that correct?

    I look forward to this.

    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

  33. #117
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    53
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 24 Times in 12 Posts
    Just finished watching this on demand, was enlightening. As always I feel I took away alot from it, especially as someone just starting out. Thanks CA =)

    R.I.P Frank Frazetta 1928-2010


    -Sketchbook-
    On its way!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

  34. The Following User Says Thank You to Flapenko For This Useful Post:


  35. #118
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    30
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 9 Times in 8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SrStewart View Post
    Hey,

    I got the video on demand. But its really chopping and laggy...the sounds is perfect and everything though. i watched a bit of it but got really annoyed by it. I did hear him talking about another link which was provided for the people who attended it, and that seemed to help them all. I never did see a link posted except that first one which needed a password which i do not have access to.

    Just wondering if someone can give me the time in the video in which a new one was posted? or was that just for the people who attended it live?

    cheers

    Yes, I am wondering too. I sent a mail to Manley asking for the link, but anyone else who knows the link to the file, I will be thankful.

    Edit: Found the link. I will not post it here but to everyone else who missed the streaming on May 2nd and want see the artist paint in higher quality; fast forward to 35:00 on Elluminate Live! and watch carefully.

    Last edited by Lael; May 9th, 2010 at 05:00 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

  36. #119
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    EVERYWHERE
    Posts
    195
    Thanks
    139
    Thanked 96 Times in 76 Posts
    The On Demand! is so totally becoming my birthday gift too myself. Thanks so much for these DVD's.

    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

  37. #120
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    But it's still to expensive for some foreigners like me. I regret I can't watch it

    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 11

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •