Updated! The art of the feminine form with Manley/Zhanglu NOW ON DEMAND!!! - Page 3

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,065 Times in 2,618 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Recording is not permitted. Soros I wish you the best of luck on your journey.

We will cover a lot of great information everyone. Be ready with your questions and I look forward to working with you.

Jason

LEVEL UP! - ConceptArt.Org online workshops are on sale- Join now and get 25% off!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
  3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jason Manley For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Iphone Eyes View Post
    I understand, I can watch it later "On Demand"? I have not used these new live forum feeds before, so I am completely unfamiliar with how it works.
    That is correct. You will be getting a ling (after purchase) which you click on and it will take you to the recorded class session (called on demand) which you can watch, rewind, fastforward and rewatch

Chris

Work hard, anything is possible. I know, I know, itís a very cheesy response but itís true. Hard work and dedication is the key to reach your dreams. -BjÝrn Hurri

Website
    CA Sketchbook
    Facebook Page

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Just bought it. Can't wait, thank you guys

sketchbook http://conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=162034

C&C are more than welcome

deviantart gallery http://midge7.deviantart.com/

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Can't make it on the day so I'll wait with the purchase. The last time I purchased before I was certain I could watch it I ended up missing the entire class and on demand (hectic at my jobs+school). Pitty seeing it was Andrew Jones on Beauty. But next weekend is looking good, so will buy it then! Enjoy it guys, it's closing in!

Chris

Work hard, anything is possible. I know, I know, itís a very cheesy response but itís true. Hard work and dedication is the key to reach your dreams. -BjÝrn Hurri

Website
    CA Sketchbook
    Facebook Page

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    This will be my first streaming class - looking forward to it.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Gee, This is spectacular.
    You have certainly captured the female form, grace and elegance.
    And no I'm not gay lol.
    Your work makes every women feel special, elegant as they should.
    Well done.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Hive_minD View Post
    Streaming classes are like real classes except they are filmed and streamed over the internet [...]

Any more questions just ask here, or via PM

Chris
    Quote Originally Posted by ConceptArt.Org View Post
    ON DEMAND Means watch it as much as you want. Even for more than 30 days. we still have content up and running from last July [...]

Scooter
    Thank you guys for explaining the concept of live streaming/on demand classes to me. For obvious reasons I can't follow the actual live streaming class as I'm in a different time zone! But I find the topic so interesting that I might join for the on demand version when it comes available!

Two more questions, though. Can a complete art newbie learn something from this or will the level be to high? Will joining the on demand class require you to install software on your computer (I'm on a mac)?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Oh shit, so I bought this but found out I am working the entire day sunday. I assumed it would be something I could download after the fact but it is on demand. So how does that work? If I've already bought it but can't make the class can I just hop on on demand when I'm finished work (like 2 am lol) and watch it using the code I got in my email? I was hoping to watch it several times and there's noooo way I can miss this...
    ?????? lol

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Jason, great to see you guys are streaming again and since I have Zhanglu's portrait downloads, I know what a great treat we have coming. I am definitely in! I might not make it to the live session though, so thanks in advance guys and have fun everyone.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Locke View Post
    Two more questions, though. Can a complete art newbie learn something from this or will the level be to high? Will joining the on demand class require you to install software on your computer (I'm on a mac)?
    I would think that a complete newbie has the most to learn, especially from a talent like Zhanglu.
    I use a mac and I never had any problems with the streaming tech and did not need to install anything.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zimfin For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Locke View Post
    Granted, exactly what you get out of it will differ depending on your experience level, but you can only not learn if you know everything that's going to be said and demonstrated.
    All it requires is Java. If you're not sure if you have it, show up early and the site will give you a link to download it.

Quote Originally Posted by bluemoon View Post
    Oh shit, so I bought this but found out I am working the entire day sunday. I assumed it would be something I could download after the fact but it is on demand. So how does that work? If I've already bought it but can't make the class can I just hop on on demand when I'm finished work (like 2 am lol) and watch it using the code I got in my email? I was hoping to watch it several times and there's noooo way I can miss this...
    ?????? lol
    On Demand works in exactly the same way as the live streaming, with the exceptions that it's not live and you can pause, rewind and fast forward. On Demand is a recording of the live stream that's streamed using the same tech (called Elluminate). Usually it becomes available very soon after the live session (a couple of hours at most).
    The link to the On Demand is in the txt file you recieved on purchase. Just follow it after the On Demand gets put up and it will take you to the site. After 30 days, the On Demand will no longer be available, although classes have been extended and/or resurrected before.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Craz For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Is there any chance you'd offer this later as a download, or even as a stream for about 20.00?

I'm not trying to be cheap, but I'm really tight on budget right now, and paying for a streaming class for 50 is a little too much right now. And it's too bad because this is exactly what I've been needing for the past 3 months.

I've been drawing on my computer a ton, trying to get somewhere, but I keep coming back to difficulty nailing the basic proportions well enough.

I guess, just for kicks I've included an example of where I'm at. Would you say this class could help me a lot?

Attached Images Attached Images  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    This will be my first time purchasing from CA.org, really excited. I'll be watching the on demand though, since it will be the early-AMs for me...
    I was wondering about the "assignment," so, will there be a chance to post your work up and get feedback later on?

and another question. I was looking at Zhanglu's other downloads (asian males/caucasian females)...anyone know about the possibility of Caucasian males?? My skills with drawing females far too obviously surpass my male-drawing skills... : /

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    orlondo.b i think that indeed this class would teach you something,so even if its something its worth it

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    This is also my first streaming class. Looking forward to it in 5 hours!

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Talarspeed For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Where to log in?

Where do we log in? I'm paid up with the password. Am I missing something? I've been looking around for a bit here, and I can't find a place to log log in. Is it not up yet? I've gotten a few of these classes on demand after the class has run, so I kind of know what I'm doing. But obviously not sure......

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by fattkid View Post
    Where do we log in? I'm paid up with the password. Am I missing something? I've been looking around for a bit here, and I can't find a place to log log in. Is it not up yet? I've gotten a few of these classes on demand after the class has run, so I kind of know what I'm doing. But obviously not sure......
    Your "password" should be a link to the Elluminate site. Put it in your browser and you go to the site automatically.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Mine won't work because I have an Nvidia nForce network adapter. This are know to have problems in connecting to elluminate. The solution provided by the support site is not working. (

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I accidentally missed the class (due to some mix-up about the time zone difference), and when I go to watch it On Demand, it says there are no recordings! I paid for it, though..... Will the recording be up soon?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Just amazing class,everyone should join these kind of classes worth every single minute

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Vladimir Gasai For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,226 Times in 333 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Great class, see you all in the head drawing!

28. The Following User Says Thank You to tehmeh For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Damn.... I can't believe I missed it..... and I did pay for it..... when will the On Demand video be up?

30. The Following User Says Thank You to sektor2814 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The class just now got done Sektor, so I'm sure the recording will be up soon. It was really a fantastic class, definitely worth the money. I will most certainly be doing these again, as I feel I learned a lot, especially through the progress videos from Zhang. Thank you Jason for your commentary, it was very helpful!

P.S. I was TBWright in the class. If anyone wanted supplementary notes for the class, PM for them.

32. The Following User Says Thank You to Osau For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi everyone!

Just wanted to share my thoughts on this class, since this was my first streaming class from this site. I have downloaded a couple of other programs about 8 months ago.
    Overall, it was a great experience. Definitely learned a lot. My background is strictly traditional illustration and painting. I was a few hours away from a degree in graphic design when I made a radical change and went to medical school. So my life for the past 12 years has been following a different path.
    I have spent much time with Photoshop, but this is strictly from the point of view of a photographer and not an artist. This past fall, I picked up Corel Painter and an Intuos4 tablet and started dabbling. I will talk about this more in a bit.

PROs: The amount of material was superb. Loved the videos and slides of art masters/teachers! I loved Jasonís dialogue and the willingness to answer every question.
    - There were some pearls for use of Photoshop, such as the Burn tool to make the shadows pop. Maybe this next part is completely known by others but since Iím new to digital illustration, I thought it was pretty cool: The use of the lasso and Free Transform to adjust proportions when a sketch was not laid down properly. (Iíve used these tools plenty on photographs, but never thought about using them on a separate layer for those situations when ďthe hands are too smallĒ.
    - I liked that Jason posted the videos for those of us that were having some bandwidth problems. This helped tremendously.
    - The question and answer session was great at the end! Lot of good information here, not just about the class, but information in detail was provided for TAD.
    - There was great community feel with the chatting of the participants. No egos seemed to be present. A lot of willingness to exchange Facebook profiles took place and it seemed that several people were going to hook up. This is a great networking benefit.
    CONs: I only have one Con, and it is a big one. The technical difficulties. The banding pattern on the video was distracting BUT this was overcome with the posting of the video site. The situation with the microphone fading and the requested disconnect was an unforeseen slight. Iím not really complaining as much as pointing out the obvious. The good thing is that we will have access to the On Demand. This will alleviate this situation (I imagine).

Now I will post my question here on the forum that I asked Jason at the end of the session. As I mentioned, Iím new to the technical aspects of digital art. Does anyone have any recommendations on resources for painting/illustration with Photoshop and/or Painter? Most of the stuff out there is aimed towards retouching photographs or using the software as an adjunct to graphic pieces. Iím looking for technique/theory of something like using layers to build up images. Obviously I see that one can do this with building lights and darks. But what other techniques am I missing? (Jason- I did download one of Chanís video several months agon. Thanx for that suggestion!)

Well that is all for now. Iím going to try to find the On Demand link

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Talarspeed For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Talarspeed View Post
    Hi everyone!
    Well that is all for now. I’m going to try to find the On Demand link
    It's Online and the link that lead to it is on the .txt file (name TFF) that you have downloaded when you ordered the class.

As for the class it was really great (and I think Talar have said all there is to be said already) although I think there could have been more talking about proportions and anatomical difference with the male figure and all that stuff, even if you find that sort of informations easily in books and on the internet.

Last edited by Galaran; May 2nd, 2010 at 10:41 PM.

36. The Following User Says Thank You to Galaran For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Answer!

Talarspeed-

"Does anyone have any recommendations on resources for painting/illustration with Photoshop and/or Painter?"

I know this is a shameless plug, but the VLP has a Jon Foster video demonstrating a digital image from start to finish, he first does a traditional piece and the completes it digitally. The video is broken down in two parts (Traditional & Digital) each part is over two hours in length. There is also 2 Jason Chan & a Whit Brachna video, killer stuff!

The VLP now has 34 video/demos and with another 16 to be added (some digital) in the next several months. The forums are active with crits from the Academy faculty and other excellent subscribers. We are on our 10th week of a figure drawing thread, we post a demo/video plus a written explanation then post 2 photo references for the subscribers to draw. Then at the end of the week we crit the drawings. It's awesome!

The VLP is for the serious student, the more you post the more information you will receive. The library of demos contain a huge amount of information and the forums offers endless information to the student who is willing to post their work!

Hope this helps,

John

38. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to John English For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    This was a great class. It was great to have John English and others who could add their 2 cents to the discussion. It was great to hear their perspective on some of the topics that came up and really made it a great experience.

The class made me want to get the Zhanglu downloads as well. lol. I wanted them before, but the class showed me how useful they will be. Thanks again for a great class. I'd definitely recommend the streaming classes to others.

EDIT: I was unaware of the VLP - so that was a helpful plug. I'll have to look into it. I really appreciate the learning opportunities you guys provide. Thanks for everything.

Last edited by j_bessette; May 3rd, 2010 at 01:36 AM. Reason: added new comment

40. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to j_bessette For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Amazing

This was my first class on here, none before this and I must say it was phenomenal. I love the way the software worked, great instruction, amazing artwork. I am blown away by what a great job was done, especially with the bug fixing along the way. All technical difficulties were gone around quite easily, and the class went long not because of them, but because of all the information shared. I really feel like this was a great introduction to the upper level education offered here, and I will definitely be doing this again. I used to think the forums were a great place to have questions answered, and they are, but nothing beats having Jason Manley tell you what you want to know immediately. Big thanks to all the mods and to the class who answered questions I didn't even know I had. Cheers all around!

42. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mykro For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    What a great class. I really felt I got to understand some core principles of the female form. If you don't know how to draw the female form or have difficulty making some design choices (lighting, shapes, detail) then you must watch this class.

It will teach you how to look at the female form as an illustrative tool to describe femininity. This sounds strange but the class itself will fill in the details. Thanks to Jason, John and George for all their help and thanks to the class for raising some great points.

Having watched this tutorial live I will be signing up for TAD. If you are dubious about TAD but want to get into digital art then I suggest you pay the small sum and watch the video on demand to see just how personal the coaching can be. I felt as if I was one to one with Jason even though there were a lot more in this class than there would be in the classes in TAD.

I look forward to many head drawings in the near future! (where will we post those heads by the way?)

44. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JasonHickey For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Can somebody post the link for the heads thread when it's up and running?
    Thanks

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 11