Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Thanks

What is so funny about joking you have my Art?!?

I rarely make threads but this has gotten to me.
    I dont know the appropriate tittle for this. But I am heated up about this.

The story goes...I came back home and one of my sketchbook fill with drawings is gone.
    One of my life's work is missing!!! I start losing my mind when that happens.
    I wrote the status on my facebook page to see who has my sketchbook.
    One of my friend wrote on it and said he has it. I was like okay,
    i can understand why he took my sketchbook without my permission.
    Then the next day i see my other friend come in and say he has it!
    I lost my mind even more!!! I mean seriously completely lost my mind! I heard he was coming over
    to my house so i text him (my voice has lost control to speak normally from the rage)
    I text him if he had my sketch book and he said yes and i lashed out at him violently (in text)

The part that got me even more furious is he add on that he took it because i wont help him on his art homework!!!
    I flipped out with a sword in my hand!! i was gonna stab him a million times for that reason alone.
    I helped him for free because he likes art too and as for my other friends they paid me to help them.
    I stopped helping him because he was depending on me to much.
    I would have been ok if he just took it to show his friend or something but that reason..UH AH!!! that shit dont fly with me!

My friends were there to try and calm me down and call people up to see who has my SB and that foo up too.

Next thing i see a text saying he was JOKING about it JOKING JOKING!!!
    U think it is funny to joke around about stealing my sketchbook
    because i wouldn't help you with your damn art homework?!?
    I lost it man, i lost my mind...
    But its a good thing i calm down because i realize he was joking
    He still came to my crib saying he dont want to talk to me that day and
    now he on facebook message me to apologize to him?!?
    Is he serious??! He is gonna make this reply without knowing what he did wrong!
    Its on my facebook page. I am trying to reason with him and he is just oooh childish!
    I know since yesterday he didn't take my SB
    because my friend called up people to find out so now am cool with him
    but is pushing me to apologize when he dont know what he did wrong
    I am reasoning with him and trying to make him understand why me and
    art prank like that dont fly, but he is being an ass about it
    I will only apologize to him unless he tells me what so funny about him joking with that reason.

I know there must be a easier way to handle this earlier
    but reason such as what he has did...tore the moral sense out of me.

I am sorry for heating like this in this fine community :/
    I needed artists to hear my problems
    Me and Art are one and there is nothing funny about that kind of joke he did.
    I can't rest in peace unless the sketchbook is back in my hand safe and sound. I am still awaiting its return from my one of my friend who took it.

I wonder what are your thoughts on this?
    Do you guys take art as serious as i do?
    or at a different level?

and I wonder if you guys encounter things such as this?

Obey the principle without being bound by it. LEARN, MASTER AND ACHIEVE!!!~ Bruce Lee

When one has no form, one can be all forms; when one has no style, he can fit in with any style.~ Bruce Lee

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,053 Times in 1,109 Posts
    I lost my favorite sketchbook once. It hurts. I plan to go back to the Louvre and El Prado to redo the sketches, only better. If I do, I suppose it's for the best. Get off of Facebook and draw more. And ditch the "friends" who you can't trust.

Thanks
    TASmith i feel ya on that SB, thats what i hate about losing a SB, i have to redo all the sketches i loved >.<

I wouldn't ditch these friends because i know how my friends are, its just that they are idiots :/

Obey the principle without being bound by it. LEARN, MASTER AND ACHIEVE!!!~ Bruce Lee

When one has no form, one can be all forms; when one has no style, he can fit in with any style.~ Bruce Lee

Thanks
    Don't apologize to him. Tell him to fuck off and never even think about touching your art.
    The Sketchbook of Naj and Stu!:
    SKETCHBOOK

And of course go check out the SB of DefiledVisions

Thanks
    UmpaArt Well now i wont result to more violent,
    i'm just mad about that he doesn't understand what art means
    to me when he does that kind of joke and still dont understand it :/
    They can still touch my art as long as i know they want to use it for something

Thanks
    what

Ok no don't even apologize to him. If I had by sketchbook taken like that I'd murder. Tell him to apologize.

Thanks
    And I just looked at your stuff. I can see your passion in all that godamn detail lol. You have every right to be pissed, that's not a person I would associate with anymore.
    SKETCHBOOK

Thanks
    LOL OMG, hey man, I understand why you take this so serious, artist spend hours and days out of their lives over stationary objects such as a paper or canvas. I personally think it's funny as hell because:
    1. Your art wasn't destroyed
    2. It was tampered with by people who knew better than to carry the joke too far because of their regard for you as a peer
    3. They knew all the right buttons to press to get a rise out of you and in turn cop a righteous laugh LOL XD
    Me personally, I would take all that anger energy and convert it to a "useful" power source...I would totally invite my girlfriend over for some drinks. You'll feel much better and laid back afterward.
    However, if they keep playin' and don't bring your property back, then we might have to posse up in a dusty black van and ride clean into their livingroom. Hopping out and trampling ferociously past all that broken plaster, glass, and remnants of the home entertainment system with a ski mask on and a .45 in your hand pretty much let's people know you want the sketchbook back like...right now. While you're there, a pistol whip blow should have them letting you know where the stash is at too. You can never have too much money.
    Oh yeah, try to do this in 30 seconds or less, and please don't announce on FB that your were the one in the freakin van.
    Chipsterology Sketchbook - Open for crits - 24hrs
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=126257
    Twitter: Chipsterology

Thanks
    I can't really relate to this, as I tend to throw away everything I draw.

But damn, that's a stupid prank to pull.

Thanks
    You shouldn't throw your drawings away. They might be worth something some day.
    SKETCHBOOK

Thanks
    I like being able to carry all my belongings in about 2 bags. Saving everything just takes too much space.

Thanks
    I wouldn't apologize to some cock who stole my artwork to any nefarious purpose. I have had artwork stolen before, by friends, teachers, co workers. It's a frustrating and humiliating experience.
    Sepulverture's Sketchbook Page 1 Page 19
    Sepulvertures Extended Studies Page 1
    page 2

Tutorials Tips and Tricks needs you to stay alive!"

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by UmpaArt View Post
    You shouldn't throw your drawings away. They might be worth something some day.
    Hah, makes me think where all my drawings are laying around - under a few stories of dirt in some dump filled of other peoples filth. Ah they now have more character than before!

I think obsessive attachment is unhealthy. In the sense that one would fly off the hinge if some object were missing. But that's just my opinion..
    Last edited by Ryan K; April 27th, 2010 at 01:15 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,780 Times in 850 Posts
    it's okay. My favorite sketchbook burned in a fire. It's the old one on my sig.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,045 Times in 379 Posts
    If he does it again, steal his sketchbook or finished work. If he asks why, tell him you were joking.

Thanks
    One thing wasn't very cleary to me after reading this story: did you finally get your sketchbook back or not?

Either way, I don't see why you should be the one apologising. They did something clearly intended to piss you off, and you should apologise for... being pissed off? Come on.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Armonah For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,192 Times in 516 Posts
    I hope that you got your stuff back and that this was a prank by someone who didn't have bad intentions. That said, Swordplay really ought to be considered a last resort in this type of scenario.

Thanks
    Koroyue hey i would apologize to him if he understood what he did is wrong and i wouldn't mind if he didn't apologize back because i was out of line when i was losing it.

UmpaArt thanks for understanding my passion, and lets not start talking about losing friends you know. I hate to lose one, but if he persist on pushing the heat...well one friend gone means nothing to me

BlackARK haha u funnay lol
    yeah am glad it aint destroyed *phew*
    As for knowing the right button to press...nope
    This is total idiocy from him
    I forgive him for that but still he does not understand when i simple explain to him art is my life and there is nothing funny, joking, hanky pranky about it.

Kiiryu if i were you i wouldn't throw it away cause that is progress you can compare with when you get better and when your old you look back and you be like daamn i sucked back then but look how well my art is now that i have something to compare it with

Thanks
    Raoul Duke burn ina fire CRIPES!!! that crazy i go loony seeing that!!!

Valderia naw, i couldn't pull prank if i wanted too, i am a peaceful person, but anything related to art like this...wooooh boy! hell to pay!!!

Armonah naw not yet, i 'm still awaiting for it to return and when it does, i'm a tell thm ma rule about my artwork.

Bill It wasn't a prank at first because the first friend that commented said he took it for tattoo purpose, which i can easily believe and have no anger about it, but then the other guys gonna come and say he has it with this reason...that shit right there threw me off the completely loony! and his prank aint funny at all!

Thanks
    The beauty of art is that you can create more.

Sometimes I miss old sketchbooks, etc that I've lost or misplaced over the years but then I start a new one and realize that I still carry with me everything I learned in those old books so I didn't actually lose anything at all.

Move on, start again and just enjoy the process of creating all over again.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,209 Times in 884 Posts
    Hi Oni

I would be pissed off too, but if it's a friend who did it for joke then I would try to see the funny side but never let them have access to any artwork again, unless I'm holding the book.

Thanks
    Art is important, but your friends are more important.

Those with which you have shared experiences with have something your art can only hope to achieve.

Ignore these freaks, hold on to your real friends.

you won't regret it.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to karma militia For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    I can relate... I had something like that happen when I was in highschool. I did a drawing for a national art competition and some kids drew on it when I was away sick for a day. It hurt because I had put my heart and soul into it. Even the art teacher just gave them detention for it. It felt like no punishment for ruining something so important to me.

But like others said, at least it's not destroyed and you have a chance of getting it back. Just take a deep breath and let the frustration out on some kick ass drawings

Thanks
    Back in highschool I used to copy drawings out of comics and stuff. One day my sketchbook went missing. I found it a few days later outside in the dirt, most of the drawings had penises drawn all over them among other things...

I don't remember being too upset about it at the time, almost like I was just so shocked that someone would take the time to do something so mean that I just couldn't get very mad.

Moral of the story: It could have been a lot worse.
    Remember, just because you have their attention doesn't mean you have their respect-Dale Gribble (from King of the Hill)
    Old Sketchbook 1
    Old Sketchbook 2
    Newest sketchbook

Thanks
    it's nice too see that your that passionite about your art.....!!!!! you do have mad ninja skills!!!!!
    at this one job i had. somone stole my sketchbook... i had just learn to blend with an ereaser and was drawing this sick medusa-isc character......the same guy stole my cd player a year later.......both times pinned the blame on someone else.......went over to his house one day found my cd player!

on that note.......there are some days when i literally feel like taking my paintings out back and watching them burn....and i don't even like fire.
    Watch me paint!

my sketchbook

Thanks
    Theft is theft, no matter the reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Angel Intheuk View Post
    Hi Oni

I would be pissed off too, but if it's a friend who did it for joke then I would try to see the funny side but never let them have access to any artwork again, unless I'm holding the book.
    A joke is only a joke if both parties involved see it as one. Friend or not, I wouldn't bother to try and find the humor. As a friend, they should know if I'd find it funny in the first place.
    "Without angst, there is no art." - Fred Gallagher
    "Man, I'ma beat these zombies til my watch falls off!" - Ellis

Thanks
    Now I am confused. Did you end up finding the sketch book or not?

Thanks
    I'm wondering too if you got the book back! Hope so, Oni Rem!

I never had art taken from me, especially not sketchbooks. I tend to clasp on things pretty hard...then again, all the pals I have who WOULD play a similar prank are living elsewhere. I have a hot temper at times, and I've had friends and others snatch something for fun. NEVER was a joke to me, so I understand how you feel.

Sometimes you can't just take things lightly so easily if you don't feel light about it.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,185 Times in 755 Posts
    The real question is: can you take him in a fight?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,860 Times in 604 Posts
    Never suffer a man to secrete with malice thine sketchbook, or to peer askance thereof. To do so is abhorrant in the eyes of the Artist.

34. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Baron Impossible For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast