Politics Support South Park! Support Trey and Matt!

View testimonialsView Artwork
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Support South Park! Support Trey and Matt!

May 20th is Draw Muhammad Day. Support Trey Parker and Matt Stone by watering down their death threats with your own drawing of Muhammad.
    Don't leave them hanging! This is the United States Of America, where freedom of speech is what makes this country great.
    This is not hate speech. South Park makes fun of a host of religious icons like Moses, Ganesha, Buddha, Joseph Smith and God. South park even portrayed Muhammad in the "Super Best Friends" episode pre 9/11 without a peep from nay-sayers, and now in 2010, because of fear of backlash, Comedy Central has left these guys out to hang.

I will also post again about a week before May 20th, so the drawings can be posted. I will aslo try and contact Trey and Matt to see if there is any way we can help show support on a wider scale.
    PLEASE WATCH THIS: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPKNyysrDkE

If you aren't up to date on whats going on, here's a link to the story:http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment...ting-muhammad/

May 20th is Draw Muhammad Day
    Support Trey and Matt!
    Please repost this everywhere and anywhere you can, Facebook, mySpace DeviantArt...etc...

Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by Fuzziest Johnson; April 27th, 2010 at 03:46 AM. Reason: info

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Fuzziest Johnson For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm all for this, but I think this goes in different forum section.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Let a moderator figure it lol

Btw, it's amusing that the costumed bear censored there ended up being santa claus. Outrage is a little too easy for some people.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    If anyone has any ideas on how to spread the word, let me know...We are Americans, we shall not be bullied!

Attached Images Attached Images  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm actually surprised it took this long for them to be threatened. But I thought they made their point so clear with the way Muhammad was the religious character who was least insulted in the episode and yet - censored anyway. Comedy Central's clear capitulation to the threat from Muslim extremists was understandable but cowardly, and it's pathetic there isn't more outrage in the mass media. I for one will be marking May 20th on my calender.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    This ABSOLUTELY disgusts me. I haven't heard anything about this. But WTF makes Muslims above criticism?! I will DEFINITELY mark May 20th on my Calendar. I'm ALL FOR THIS! South Park is AMAZING and they are the EPITOME of what Freedom of Speech is all about!

I will be telling as many people as I can, posting on my Facebook and Twitter etc...

THANKS FOR POSTING THIS!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i absolutely adhere to the idea !! im sick and tired of dhimmitude!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm totally getting involved in this... this kind of idiocy has to stop. I am sick of the double standard, so I invite all to the cause. Please, let's help them see how petty and selfish this truly is.

Also, South Park is fucking hilarious and I respect what those guys do. If enough of us do this, they will get the message!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Either that or we all die!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I would have to say that I am completely against this. Completely.

I am personally sick of people using the constitution to justify hatefulness. Does another person's idea of showing respect for their God bother you that much where you have to go out of your way to disrespect them?

"I am going to draw something that I normally wouldn't because someone is telling me that I can't and damnit I am a Merkin. "

Your voice and ideas are no more valid than theirs, just as mine is no more valid than yours. That is what free speech is about. Yes, we have the right to speak our mind. Our forefathers fought and died for that right. Now think of something to say that is worth that sacrifice.

EDIT: On a side note, this is most definitely in the wrong section. Please only post finished, professional level art in the "Finally Finished" Section.

Last edited by Bai Fan; April 30th, 2010 at 12:02 AM.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bai Fan For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,273 Times in 887 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Actually, I think it works as a "Finally Finished" draw Muhammed thread!

I'll see you back on May 20 with my entry!

Keep the thread going!

Durka Durka Jihad!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Bai Fan View Post
    I would have to say that I am completely against this. Completely.

I am personally sick of people using the constitution to justify hatefulness. Does another person's idea of showing respect for their God bother you that much where you have to go out of your way to disrespect them?

"I am going to draw something that I normally wouldn't because someone is telling me that I can't and damnit I am a Merkin. "
    This isn't about using the Constitution as a means to an end; i.e. legal hate. This is about being threatened because of satire. To be honest, I could really care less about it. If the Muslims do not appreciate South Park depicting Mohammad in the way that they did, they can simply turn it off and worship their Lord as they see fit. End of story.

And again.. this is to send a message in a peaceful way. We will not be threatened to silence. For me, as an American, this is a fundamental principle. We are talking about the Radical Muslim community who wants to see us fail, wants to see our ideas and our republic die (American). I will not stand for that, and I damn sure won't back down and quiet just because they threaten us. Seriously.

I am downright sick of how politically correct everyone must be... how everything is a racist issue now. Sweet God, what are we? A bunch of 12 year olds? o.o

So no, this is not a free ticket to hateful racism for me. This is a display of my rights as a human on Earth, with thoughts and ideas and the right to have an opinion.

edit: Bai, you said "Your voice and ideas are no more valid than theirs, just as mine is no more valid than yours. ". If that is the case, where is Parker's and Stone's voice here? They clearly wanted to show Mohammad, and since they know who it is, it is their right to portray him how they want, and it's the right of anyone else to turn it off. There is a double standard here, and at some point it must end.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to xerenity For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I would have to disagree with you there. I don't really see blatantly insulting an entire religion just to express your freedom a peaceful message. I also don't really see it as a racial issue, but a religious one because not all Muslims are middle eastern.

As for the PC thing, I think that there is a difference between political correctness and tact/respect.

As for Stone and Parker's voice, I believe that they do a lot of what they do specifically to offend people and not only expect the response they get, I think they get off on it. They said what they wanted to say, and it was no big thing. Now it is. Times have changed.

I really think America needs to learn that yes, we do have the right to say what we want... but that doesn't mean we wont get punched in the face for saying it.

Can an admin please move this thread to the correct forum? I only moderate the Crit section and animation one otherwise I would move it.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Precisely.

South Park insults everyone. It's their thing, and they're good at it. Welcome to the concept of satire.

If some Muslims had just come out and disagreed with it, fine then; it's their right.

But threats on life were brought to the table, veiled or otherwise. I understand that radical Muslims do not speak for all Muslims, and this message is not for those who are peaceful.

Please, do not tell me that you think we deserved 9/11 because we needed to get punched in the face; this is essentially the epitome of "what could happen"...

I still completely support this. If you don't, that's fine too. Freedom from persecution of ideas is what America was born from.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Heh, I am not really thinking about 911 when I am writing about this. I am not personally convinced that it was a foreign attack... but that is another matter.

You talk of rights like they are recognized by the world. Remember that we as Americans have the right to free speech... in America. We have a right to a lawyer... in America. We have the right to bear arms... in America. These are not recognized rights throughout the world. Please remember that the first amendment is not just the freedom of speech. It starts by protecting the freedom of religion...

It is true that people have the right to be the most vile, hateful, rude, tactless amazingly awful versions of themselves... but is that how we want to honor the bill of rights?

I understand satire... but I think you are thinking of either parody or burlesque. Are you actually trying to call the Muslim beliefs human folly and vice?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Exactly, leave other people's sacred cows allone.

Why don't you paint stuff local like nude statue's of liberty or something. At least that would be true.

What is the problem anyway, don't they wan't to buy new idol muzic or something, their idols not American?

This is all a foreighn-nication plot. Pollitical gain and the media doing a dance. The ho dance. Ghandi was liberation for them, I don't think am can have that for some reason. Somehow the muzlim's are not in bed enough with the lady, what was her name anyway?

If you have to blast or blastphemy at something, there's plenty of local stuff people have not laughed at yet.

Last edited by George Abraham; April 30th, 2010 at 04:56 AM.
    ----------------------------------
    Scetchbook: View the exhibitionist's stuff.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,273 Times in 887 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Briefly, the whole kerfuffle goes back to the Danish Mohammed newspaper cartoons a few years ago.

Understood in context, publishing those cartoons was not for the purpose of attacking Islam. Publishing the cartoons was for the purpose of taking a principled stand against a teeny-tiny ultra-violent minority of dangerous people who practice that religion in a perverse manner.

Hopefully, the nuts who threatened to kill the South Park guys will be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.

I'm sure that rational Muslims would agree that it is wrong to kill people over cartoons.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    OK.

Understood in context... How is peeing on mohammed stopping extremist action? I'd say the logic is a bit off. And the thing about doing stuff that doesn't work is that usually doing more of it will allso not help. I am thinking global media is encouraging extremist temper's without regard for people living in that country who now has to suffer under them.

Is there anything that's hard to understand about this or am my brain just wired the wrong way. Or the only one that's seeing it.

Peeing on someone's mohammed and then getting death theats seems to be illogical? I don't get it. How does the media expect them to interpret them?
    "Stop your actions or Mohammed gets it"? Mohammed is dead for heavens sake. "Stop it or we'll LIE SOME MORE"?, that stuff's not even true!! Who the hell was thinking of mohammed as someone who throws flames(Above).. that's bullshit and clearly throwing egg's and onions(Provocation)

Sounds rather childish and naieve to me. I guess it's that Media licence thing to be an obvious and innocent at the same time.

South park and team america weren't millitary flavoured at all. No hu uhhh.. No propaganda here... We are just doing this for home stoner cheap laughs.
    Yes,.. but regardless if you think the world is to anal about allot of pollitical stuff, some people get angry and agressive bacause of this stuff. To claim that this is done out of regard for them is bullshait.

The supremist in me finds it funny but the human side know's that it's wrong and where just about the only ones laughing. That's the flavour of the humour. After whatching team america I figured that they are plain and straight provocation artists.

I didn't know that freedome of speach was created in direct opposition of the illegal blasphemy laws. I was under the impression that it was created so people can voice their concerns for practical reasons like, children who have been harmed by their parents etc, not so countries can go and destabalise each other with slander and blasphemy. Silly me.

I'm thinking, these cases are becoming more common.. People should be accountable for the risks they have taken on themselves. It's freedome of speech not go tease your brother and then run to mommy stuff. These laws are getting abused.

ps.
    I have wondere'd why bono sounds pleading and mixed being happy and afraid sounding in this song

Last edited by George Abraham; April 30th, 2010 at 07:49 AM.
    ----------------------------------
    Scetchbook: View the exhibitionist's stuff.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Whether anyone wants to accept it or not this is America. We have this thing called freedom. They've made fun of every other religious figure. Muhammad should be fair game too.

It's completely sick that we're censoring shit just because we're afraid of some inbred retards with a middle-age ideologies bombing us. The US needs to take a stand against these dirtbags and show the world we're not afraid of them. We're not Europe and we wont tolerate this shit.

Support South Park! Support Trey and Matt!

Can't let morons like this boss us around.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The thing is, Parker and Stone went out of their way to NOT make fun of the actual prophet Muhammed. He is the least offensively depicted character, yet he was still censored. Just SHOWING him is considered offensive, and to me, that's too far. I get it, it's their religion, it's their way of worship yada yada yada. You don't see radical Christians, radical Jews, and radical Scientologists threatening DEATH and look at how South Park portrays those holy figures!

26. The Following User Says Thank You to goldilockz For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Personally, I don't think pissing them off even more will send them the right message. If anything, it will only seem to them like confirmation that their hatred towards western culture is justified.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Yng For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You talk of rights like they are recognized by the world. Remember that we as Americans have the right to free speech... in America. We have a right to a lawyer... in America. We have the right to bear arms... in America. These are not recognized rights throughout the world. Please remember that the first amendment is not just the freedom of speech. It starts by protecting the freedom of religion...
    You make a good point. The rights Americans enjoy are not, unfortunatly, universal. However, like you say IN FUCKING AMERICA you have the right to FREE FUCKING SPEECH. Also, while you are IN FUCKING AMERICA, you DO NOT HAVE THE RIGHT TO NOT BE OFFENDED.

Our rights are not to be limited on the whims of ANYONE, least not some goddam fanatics half a world away!!

This whole attitude being presented that Muslims have this fundamental right to never see a picture of Muhammed because they might freak out and kill innocent people is extremely disturbing. And frankly, I'm very surprised to see it here on this website in any form whatsoever.

Remember, just because you have their attention doesn't mean you have their respect-Dale Gribble (from King of the Hill)
    Old Sketchbook 1
    Old Sketchbook 2
    Newest sketchbook

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wiggum For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Angry

I am personally sick of people using the constitution to justify hatefulness.
    Yea it's much worse than using one's religion to justify MURDERING PEOPLE.

This isn't about hatred, this is about letting radicals know that they aren't going to intimidate everyone. Moderate Muslims won't have a problem with anyone drawing Mohammad, just like moderate Christian's aren't rushing to bomb abortions clinics.

Nobody is promoting hate here. We're protesting terrorism. And I for one am NOT going to be intimidated by the threats of fundamentalists who think "respecting" their unfounded beliefs demands that I give up rights. Fuck that.

Last edited by Christopher Genovese; April 30th, 2010 at 03:27 PM.

32. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Christopher Genovese For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    So my question to those of you opposed to depicting Mohammed through art... censoring art that may offend is a-ok?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I agree with Bai Fan
    The Muslims weren't angry about drawing of Mohamed ((Danish Cartoon)) but How he was Drawn
    The Picture itself was offensive & generalizing That the leader of the Muslims was Terrorist so who follow hims as well, is simple as that
    plus any idiot or 10 year old boy can write a spam message.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Just want to point out that the people who were threatening southpark were living in America.... so this isn't just an "america vs the rest of the world!" thing.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Genovese View Post
    =We're protesting terrorism. And I for one am NOT going to be intimidated by the threats of fundamentalists who think "respecting" their unfounded beliefs demands that I give up rights. Fuck that.
    Not that I'm against this drawing Muhammad day but, I'd say it just sounds like unnecessary instigating. I mean why aggravate some extremist psycho who already posses the intent to kill innocent people? Simply to say, "I'm free! I can do what ever the fuck I want, and you can't do shit about it."

I suppose America's just good at adding fuel to a fire.

Last edited by Ryan K; April 30th, 2010 at 07:32 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    It starts out with censoring cartoons, then changing the countries laws, then gaining power and finally converting everyone.

It's a wedge. Pick a side.

All the politically correct try-hards should listen to Christopher Hitchens on youtube. Basically you are selling out your future and values because you are afraid of being labeled racist.

lol death to juice. One time at a college there was this German exchange student asking where the glasses for drinking orange juice were: "Where is the glass for the jews?". I didn't know what to say.

Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.