Page 1 of 37 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Support South Park! Support Trey and Matt!

Thanks

Support South Park! Support Trey and Matt!

May 20th is Draw Muhammad Day. Support Trey Parker and Matt Stone by watering down their death threats with your own drawing of Muhammad.
    Don't leave them hanging! This is the United States Of America, where freedom of speech is what makes this country great.
    This is not hate speech. South Park makes fun of a host of religious icons like Moses, Ganesha, Buddha, Joseph Smith and God. South park even portrayed Muhammad in the "Super Best Friends" episode pre 9/11 without a peep from nay-sayers, and now in 2010, because of fear of backlash, Comedy Central has left these guys out to hang.

I will also post again about a week before May 20th, so the drawings can be posted. I will aslo try and contact Trey and Matt to see if there is any way we can help show support on a wider scale.
    PLEASE WATCH THIS: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPKNyysrDkE

If you aren't up to date on whats going on, here's a link to the story:http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment...ting-muhammad/

May 20th is Draw Muhammad Day
    Support Trey and Matt!
    Please repost this everywhere and anywhere you can, Facebook, mySpace DeviantArt...etc...
    Last edited by Fuzziest Johnson; April 27th, 2010 at 02:46 AM. Reason: info

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Fuzziest Johnson For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    I'm all for this, but I think this goes in different forum section.

Thanks

Thanks
    Let a moderator figure it lol

Btw, it's amusing that the costumed bear censored there ended up being santa claus. Outrage is a little too easy for some people.

Thanks
    If anyone has any ideas on how to spread the word, let me know...We are Americans, we shall not be bullied!

Thanks
    I'm actually surprised it took this long for them to be threatened. But I thought they made their point so clear with the way Muhammad was the religious character who was least insulted in the episode and yet - censored anyway. Comedy Central's clear capitulation to the threat from Muslim extremists was understandable but cowardly, and it's pathetic there isn't more outrage in the mass media. I for one will be marking May 20th on my calender.

Thanks
    This ABSOLUTELY disgusts me. I haven't heard anything about this. But WTF makes Muslims above criticism?! I will DEFINITELY mark May 20th on my Calendar. I'm ALL FOR THIS! South Park is AMAZING and they are the EPITOME of what Freedom of Speech is all about!

I will be telling as many people as I can, posting on my Facebook and Twitter etc...

THANKS FOR POSTING THIS!

Thanks
    i absolutely adhere to the idea !! im sick and tired of dhimmitude!

Thanks
    I'm totally getting involved in this... this kind of idiocy has to stop. I am sick of the double standard, so I invite all to the cause. Please, let's help them see how petty and selfish this truly is.

Also, South Park is fucking hilarious and I respect what those guys do. If enough of us do this, they will get the message!

Thanks
    Either that or we all die!

Thanks
    I would have to say that I am completely against this. Completely.

I am personally sick of people using the constitution to justify hatefulness. Does another person's idea of showing respect for their God bother you that much where you have to go out of your way to disrespect them?

"I am going to draw something that I normally wouldn't because someone is telling me that I can't and damnit I am a Merkin. "

Your voice and ideas are no more valid than theirs, just as mine is no more valid than yours. That is what free speech is about. Yes, we have the right to speak our mind. Our forefathers fought and died for that right. Now think of something to say that is worth that sacrifice.

EDIT: On a side note, this is most definitely in the wrong section. Please only post finished, professional level art in the "Finally Finished" Section.
    Last edited by Bai Fan; April 29th, 2010 at 11:02 PM.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bai Fan For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,272 Times in 887 Posts
    Actually, I think it works as a "Finally Finished" draw Muhammed thread!

I'll see you back on May 20 with my entry!

Keep the thread going!

Durka Durka Jihad!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bai Fan View Post
    I would have to say that I am completely against this. Completely.

I am personally sick of people using the constitution to justify hatefulness. Does another person's idea of showing respect for their God bother you that much where you have to go out of your way to disrespect them?

"I am going to draw something that I normally wouldn't because someone is telling me that I can't and damnit I am a Merkin. "
    This isn't about using the Constitution as a means to an end; i.e. legal hate. This is about being threatened because of satire. To be honest, I could really care less about it. If the Muslims do not appreciate South Park depicting Mohammad in the way that they did, they can simply turn it off and worship their Lord as they see fit. End of story.

And again.. this is to send a message in a peaceful way. We will not be threatened to silence. For me, as an American, this is a fundamental principle. We are talking about the Radical Muslim community who wants to see us fail, wants to see our ideas and our republic die (American). I will not stand for that, and I damn sure won't back down and quiet just because they threaten us. Seriously.

I am downright sick of how politically correct everyone must be... how everything is a racist issue now. Sweet God, what are we? A bunch of 12 year olds? o.o

So no, this is not a free ticket to hateful racism for me. This is a display of my rights as a human on Earth, with thoughts and ideas and the right to have an opinion.

edit: Bai, you said "Your voice and ideas are no more valid than theirs, just as mine is no more valid than yours. ". If that is the case, where is Parker's and Stone's voice here? They clearly wanted to show Mohammad, and since they know who it is, it is their right to portray him how they want, and it's the right of anyone else to turn it off. There is a double standard here, and at some point it must end.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to xerenity For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 37 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast