C.O.W. # 174 Sinful Skinfull_Finals Thread

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

View Poll Results: Vote for your favorite Sinful Skinfull!

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • MOTH

0 0%
  • JanJager

10 21.74%
  • Edward B

8 17.39%
  • ianthegeek

2 4.35%
  • Arbinn

1 2.17%
  • mobius-9

15 32.61%
  • barryjk

4 8.70%
  • (lark

2 4.35%
  • acb

1 2.17%
  • scorge

3 6.52%
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,881 Times in 423 Posts
    Follows
    Following

C.O.W. #174 Sinful Skinfull - VOTING!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ROUND #174 VOTING

Topic: Sinful Skinfull

Deadline for the voting: Monday May 10th, 2010

Posting thread (closed): http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=187006

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by scorge; May 4th, 2010 at 12:29 AM.
    Check it out
    Blog, we've all got em:http://davesrightmind.blogspot.com/
    Creatures Galore!:www.creaturespot.com
    Full gallery o' stuff:davesrightmind.deviantart.com
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Artist: MOTH

Concept: in the shadow

This is my koala bear.In the light all is alright,but in the shadow...you can see

Last edited by _MOTH_; April 29th, 2010 at 09:16 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,398 Times in 388 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Artist: JanJager

Concept: Sinful Skinfull

Lures creatures into the lair.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to JanJager For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Artist: Edward B

Concept: Cave lurker
    This creature lures its prey into watery pools within caves. The creature masks itself as a human bathing in the waterfalls. As soon as a potential target gets close enough the creature uses its squiddy arms to grab hold of and drown its prey.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Edward B For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Artist: IantheGeek

Concept: The Dancing Crab

This creature hides in dark alleyways outside nightclubs and stripbars, waiting for it's drunken prey to emerge. Then using it's "dancing" claws it attracts it's prey into the shadows it strikes quickly before devouring the remains.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Artist: Arbinn

Concept: Dicgimus Ocularis

Last edited by Arbinn; May 3rd, 2010 at 02:40 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    [B]Artist: Mobius-9

Concept: Booty Slug

11. The Following User Says Thank You to mobius-9 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

The Mimicking Anglaris

Artist: BarryJK

Concept: Mimicking Anglaris[/B]

When first confronted with the Mimicking Anglaris, the common human's nose is tainted with a pheromone increasing the human's (quote, unquote) "lust factor". Then said human will find themselves intrigued by the voluptuous silhouettes in the distance, the Anglaris' volumes and phallic shapes are enhanced with ultra-luminescent scaling, especially remarkable in moonlight. Finally, its second pair of eyes gives it a false snout, covered in facial flares, that when in their rested position, happen to resemble that of a soft human face. By the time the human realizes its been had, his/her legs have been devoured by one Anglaris, their arms by another, and the remaining torso surely about be, by a third.

Found on the third moon of Syldaris, its intriguing shapes & facial flares combined with its nimble movement and sexually intense posing, leave it as one of the most persuasive species in the cosmos, hunting in threesomes and preying on the aroused.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    artist: (lark

Concept: mimeogenitalis prime

also commonly referred to as the madame of the woods, or the rape queen, this creature mates with males of every species it encounters by manifesting its genitals (which are grouping of millions of microscopic tendrils) into the form of a female of that species. it then uses the sperm it receives, and its own eggs (which are able to be fertilized by any species sperm) to grow babies of the fertilizing species. but the babies are never born. when they reach a certain size inside, the are instead ingested for nutrition.

the incandescent lights on the lower part of the creature pulse in rhythmic patterns putting the victims in a calming, quasi hypnosis. once the victim is relaxed he receives subliminal sexual signals from the pulsing, putting him in an almost unstoppable state of arousal. when he is done mating with the creature, the lights pulse in a way that puts the victim to sleep.

the oddest thing about this creature is that all of its victims wake up the next morning feeling as though they have had a dream of making love to a beautiful woman in the woods. sometimes the feeling is so strong that some victims believe it wasn't a dream, and retell of how they made love to a glowing lady in the woods. coincidentally causing such myths as fairies, witches, and elves to name a few.

Name:  sinful-skinful-final.jpg
Views: 2280
Size:  335.5 KB

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Artist: acb

Concept: mystilicious
    desctiption- these creatures half solid half myst like have developed a resistance to their planets toxic red flowers ,which from them is produced one of the most powerfull hallucination drug in the universe and the result- the combination of their ever constant moving fog like trail with the red light hitting it makes every living thing who watches them to see the things he likes most even which makes him an easy pray.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,881 Times in 423 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Artist: Scorge

Concept: Balcefus
    A demon conceived in hell, for the rapists and murderers of women, a foul beast with no remorse and an appetite for flesh, devouring its prey face first for eternity always taunting with earthly pleasures, its insectile eyes void of all feeling.
    Balcefus is the redemption and justice of those poor souls who were cheated of their lives by the most evil and wicked of men. Good riddance mother-fuckers. May you never find peace in Balcefus' jaws.

Check it out
    Blog, we've all got em:http://davesrightmind.blogspot.com/
    Creatures Galore!:www.creaturespot.com
    Full gallery o' stuff:davesrightmind.deviantart.com

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Voted for mobius-9 because I'm an ass man, jk. Seriously though I voted for him because I thought his was a really awesome blend of attractive and revolting, and the anatomy seems strangely believeable. Good work man.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    scorge: great rendering as usual. the creaturedesign is good as well but i cannot feel the topic really. iīd not be lured by that thing no matter how dark it would ever be.
    acb: cool texture and i LOVE the head, i love all heads that look like a moray! the body and concept behind it is a bit hard to read though.
    (lark: one of my favourites. epic creature of epic size and itīs something different compared to the other entries. the creaturedesign is great, looks like a mix of octopus/cthullu and alienship. the rendering of the face is great, as well as is the composition. close loser to the winner.
    barryjk: i like the concept. the rendering is very good as well. i think i see some anatomy issues and i donīt like the face so much regarding that the creature is supposed to lure ppl with it. what if ppl are afraid of clowns? what i like with the same fact is that it is NOT a completely human face. in general i thought the round was implementing too many human elements so i liked that u did not do that.
    mobius-9: again cool creature. i can imagine that thing and itīs "technique" working. if u wouldīve gotten rid of the sketchlines shwoing through and rendered it a bit more uīve gottten my vote also.
    Arbinn: interesting creature but i canīt see the concept behind it. the rendering of the backside with the light reflected is cool. keep that up. i canīt see the creature use its front-legs. pretty original but there were some stronger entries unfortunately.
    ianthegeek: thatīs one hell of a crab. u just lost due to me not liking the human parts in creature even if it fits the concept. rendering is fine, so is the idea. very innovative. reminds me a lot of silent hill concept art - veeeery creepy. keep it up.
    Edward B: got my vote. great rendering, atmosphere, concept. very strong overall. what i liked was that it had some anatomical similarities to a human female but the parts still work perfectly as the creatures limbs and body. i can imagine this creature looking like u painted it and luring prey just as u described it.
    JanJager: great rendering in both shots. it was sooo hard to decide between urs and edward bīs.
    MOTH: cool idea but the creature itself looks too generic when hit by the light. itīs just a coala. alter the creature itself somehow next time.

i hope my critics donīt hurt anyoneīs feelings - itīs just supposed to help. see you in the next round.

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ninety9 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    All the designs from this weeks C.O.W are very strong, However my vote this week goes to JanJager, which not only looks fantastic, with beautiful rendering and lighting, but also because I feel that it fit the brief perfectly. My only critisium would be that I would loved to have read a more in-depth description about the creatures habits and nature. Great job.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Moth: my issue with this piece is that it feels like 2 seperate creatures. A koala, and a demony type of gremlin guy riding on the back of it. The rendering on the koala is pretty nice though.
    janjager: my favorite as far as rendering and lighting is concerned, awesome job. My only crit is that it somehow seems like a creature I've seen before, I can't put my finger on it, but it somehow seems done already. Its a small crit because I think you pulled it off so well.
    edward b: nice creepy design. I would have liked to see the creature more defined in the dark areas though, as it is the anatomy doesn't seem functional I can't picture it moving around.
    ianthegeek: pretty creative design, I probably would have voted for this one if not for 2 things. 1st, ijust don't really like crab designs. I've been around here a few rounds and it seems like crabs are the most commonly used real creature for inspiring peoples designs, its just a thing that bothers me personally. 2nd, the colors seem a bit muddy, none of the shapes are really seperating themselves from one another. After that I still think this was. One of the most creative pieces in this round.
    arbinn: gives new meaning to the phrase: I need to a man about a horse hahaha. Bravo on being the only one in here to take on the giant cock for a head idea. Pretty good design, the anaotomy for some reason feels believable to me, sorta like a girraffe. Only crits are that the colors are maybe pushed a bit to far. The overall piece could do with some dull areas, or maybe some places on the creature itself tat are less defined. My eye isn't really pulled to any one place in the piece,
    barryjk: fuckin great idea, and executed very well as far as rendering is concerned. Really well done. My only gripe with it is that the white faces don't seem alluring to me, they seem sinister, or angry. This piece I think would have been pulled off a lot better had the faces seemed more seductive, or inviting.
    acb: I like the mood of this piece but I just can't seem to wrap my head around the form of the creature. I can see a head and what seems like an arm or leg of some kind, and I know its supposed to a sortof solid gas mix type of creature. But the form just seems a bit too nebulous. Its unfortunate because your origional concept in black and white I thought was awesome. I can tell you've got some good work in you, I just didn't think it showed this round.
    scourge: fuck yeah, great design along with a badass description. As far as the design is concerned I can't say anything. Super interedting features with a lot to look at. My eye really looks all around it trying to learn its functionality. The one crit I have is the backround. Its this insane gnarly demon, and it feels like its at an easter party, the piece as a whole really would have benefitted from a good intergration into an environment.
    mobius-9: got my vote, assesment above in a previous post. I wanna spank that thang. Hahaha heh ...um...yeah...

This round even though it had a low amount of entries really was one of the harder ones to judge. A lot of the work was on par with each other. And everyone who did one should feel proud for taking on what was a pretty difficult topic. Way to go guys. On to the next round.

21. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to (lark For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Such a strong round! Alot of creative and very beutifully rendered creatures in here. Voted barry, as (lark said the faces doesnt really seem that inviting but the overall design and rendering is so strong it doesnt really matter.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Ragnj For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Booty Slug. I love it, I just can't pass it up. It encapsulates all the credentia needed on this thread. A sexual sub-message until you see that its real backside is bloody disgusting. I kinda missed the mark on mine by not going into the disgusting territory, it was to be appealing then disgusting, got lost in making an eerie creepy feel as opposed to gross out. (lark, ed B, and scourge were really close in my vote, lots of creative stuff here!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for the comments and the votes everyone!

I voted for Mobius-9, deliciously slimey critter :]

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    extremely awesome entries there!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Mobius-9 got my vote. Brilliant concept.

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do
    With your one wild and precious life?" - Mary Oliver

My Website

Sketchoholic - GET INTENSE!!!

Crimson Daggers - Meet to draw together

Members who have read this thread: 2