-

Join 500,000+ artists on ConceptArt.Org.

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: -

Thanks

-

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by MariRosa; July 9th, 2010 at 03:27 PM. Reason: close
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    I like the concept and color choices overall.

I'm confused by the lighting. Top left of picture seems to have light dropping from left to right at a shallow angle, evident in the fog. Top right of picture has no directionality indicated in the fog. There is a light source behind the characters, back in the direction of the road/path that casts shadows in front of them, along the road/path.

Eye and tusk of liger seem to stand out too much, especially with light source behind it.

Liger appears to be missing its neck, which would raise or extend forward its head. This would keep the front legs from looking shorter than the rear, and create more of a cradle effect for where the man rests.

Liger's eye seems a bit small, and looks to be on the side of the head, instead of forward on the head.

The man's upper body appears to lie flat, but his hips suggest his lower body is on its side. It seems that to comfortably ride the liger, either his legs would hang down on either side of the animal, straddle-like, or he'd cross his feet over the liger's tailbone, and let his knees straddle for support/balance. Also, his arms falling around the shoulder of the liger, might hinder movement of the shoulder, or cause him to be jostled by the shoulder's movement. Perhaps elbows out behind shoulder, hands under head, or arms above head, between liger's shoulder blades, gripping back of neck. He should balance without affecting the animal's movement or having to stay awake to adjust his position constantly.

Last edited by Jon_Lyle; April 23rd, 2010 at 02:14 PM.

Thanks
    I've been told Liger's are real. My friends could also be messing with me. Damn Napoleon Dynamite all to hell.

The liger is kind of formless. I understand he's got legs, a head, a body, etc. but they don't seem to be working together to make a believable animal. No evidence of muscle or working connections, etc. The character sitting on the back adds to this as it looks as though she's resting on the top of the table.

"She took the ice cube trays out of the freezer. What kind of a sick bitch takes the ice cube trays out of the freezer?"

LOOK AT MY WEBSITE!
    LOOK AT MY SKETCHBOOK!
    LOOK AT MY BLOG!
    LOOK AT MY DEVIANT ART PAGE!
    LOOK AT MY FINALLY FINISHED PAGE!

Thanks
    thanks for the advice much appreciated! I'll see what I can do.

Thanks
    oooooooh....they're real alright....and then some....

In regards to the animal form, needs some muscle and form. Looks entirely too tubular in the body and the legs so far/ Think about what is underneath the fur and how said fur will conform or stand out from the body. He also looks a little too straight. It's like he is sleeping on a bed instead of the curved spine of an animal. Try your best to fix that, I know you probably don't have a big beastie to take a good reference picture. Get creative.

Best of luck, has a nice subtle palette to it.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to K-san For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,013 Times in 690 Posts
    A liger is the offspring of a lion with a tigress. A tiglon or tigon is the offspring of a male tiger with a lioness. Ligers are often far bigger than their parents, tiglons are equal sized. Neither of the species is sabre toothed but I'm sure it was intentionally added.

Anyway I can't very well see what's going on with the man's legs and arms. I think both should be somewhat curved around the liger's body.

Other than that I agree with what's been said. It definitely needs a neck, you might want to look up some big cat skeletons to help you out. The ears are also not in the same place on the head, as it's tilted slightly towards us yet the right ear is placed further up. The earrings don't seem to be affected by gravity and the eye looks a bit too humanoid.

I like the concept though. Perhaps sketch out the idea a couple of times in different compositions?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Lhune For This Useful Post:

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.