Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast

Thread: Trails of Crumpled Paper and Chewed-up Pencil Stubs~

Thanks
    Nice work, keep on applying those studies
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
  3. The Following User Says Thank You to SamC For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    @smuli: Thankyou! It's just a shame that's the only life drawing session I could get in. :')
    @SamC: Thankyouu

Didn't mean to be gone for so long... life's just been crazy, starting a new job that's just taken over my life practically, haha. Trying to get into some sort of stable routine.. My body really doesnt do routine. :') I have more stuff to upload than this, I'll put up the rest in the next few days and hopefully be updating more regularly.

Finished personal piece, anatomy studies and another unfinished oils study.
    Trails of Crumpled Paper and Chewed-up Pencil Stubs~

Thanks
    Aaaand this upload brings us back up to date. :')

Some sketchbook pages (with some lifedrawing from starbucks and the staffroom)

Some shots of what I'm working on atm - big-ass canvas painting, a commission for a friend's band. Did the underpainting in ink since the song it's supposed to be illustrating is actually called "Ink My Soul" (at the moment.) This thing is the biggest thing I've painted, easily A1... time consuming, but unexpectedly fun.

Also, because I've just remembered - my friend makes his own music... If you like listening to ambient/electronic/chillstep/space-y kind of stuff, you should definitely check it out. I actually think it makes really good music to just zone out and paint to (and I'm not just saying that for the shameless plug, haha, honest.)
    His youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/SEAWAVESmusic?feature=watch
    Aaand if you can like it on facebook, you're awesome. http://www.facebook.com/pages/SEAWAVES/123947271049023

http://youtu.be/shpuRunov0Q

Thanks
    I was gonna upload this last night, buuut I came home from work after midnight, stole some of my drunk mother's pizza, and passed out instead. :') Also, my scanners not working atm, so I can't upload anatomy studies...

Here's where I'm up to on the huge canvas commission:

Sketchbook page, and a little quick colour study for a traditional piece I'm planning (as a contest entry):

Thanks
    hi there, you are doing amazing... please keep it up.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to netxhunter For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Love coming across sketchbooks that have loads of study in them - gets me all inspired! I'd say thus far I love your oil studies - they have something about them that your digital works lack. Might be in the way you do them - digital is horrible for being able to just get in there and noodle with details before you should, yet your oils have this great sense of freshness of brushstroke. Could be worth paying conscious attention the next time you do an oil study how you put down the strokes, and try and replicate that with your digital stuff.

And on a random note, I love the really dark red fingers on your latest teen challenge piece - something about that coupled with the frost subject that tells a story for me.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to zephyri For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    @netxhunter: Thanks!
    @zephyri: Thankyouu~ I've looked up to your work for years, so you have no idea how much that comment means. :') Yeah you're right, i think I have a bad habit of trying to over-blend everything digitally, which is alot harder to do in oils... I also move the paintbrush very differently to how I use the wacom pen, never really noticed till you mentioned it. I'll definitely be looking into that as soon as I have time, thankyou for the critique!

Finished contest entry... I hate the scan of this. It's so much smoother irl, buuut you'll just have to take my word on that. :')

I'm putting together a logo for my cousin's new cake-making business, it's been fun. These were the sketches I sent across to her, I'm currently making colour mock-ups of the third one down since that's what she chose:

aaand the usual anatomy studies. Arms arms arms.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Jessibelle For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Hey Jess, your pencils are getting much more sweeter than my own. I can't let THAT happen!
    Looking at those arms studies, they look so precise and the shading looks really sweet. Wish I could see those in a bigger format.

Cool logos as well, I really loved the text on the top left one - what do you think of the combo of that text and the option she chose? Just musings

One last thing before clicking the post button - it's probably too late for that contest piece, but check it for proportions. It looks a little askew. Just a little.

Anyway, Peace and Toast!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Kerah For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Hey thanks for the comment! The pencil studies look really nice and smooth good job on those. Are you doing studies from memory along with the observational ones though? I can't tell XD if you are then great, if you aren't you need to to make sure the things you're learning stay in your brain.
    Also I think you should draw a ton of skulls and heads, your understanding of the head's construction isn't good enough. In your contest piece for example according to the position of her eyes the nose should probably be approaching profile view, possibly breaking the contour of the face. That's the position the nose is in when the far eye is touching the edge of the face. oh, and while I'm at it the perspective of the eyes and chin don't match.
    Perspective and construction, boring and basic, I know. But keep practicing the basics and you'll be as great as you want! good luck
    sketchbook blog tumblr

The key to getting better at anything is to do it a lot.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Samszym For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    @Kerah: Ahh, thankyou! yeah, I sorta felt like anatomy studies were taking over my sketchbook, so that's why they're so small, sorry :') About the logo.. hadn't really thought about it tbh, I'd only made the text that way in the first one so that it stood out better against the cake... And she seems happy with the logo/text combination, so that's what matters.

@Vertical: Ahh I'm doing bits from memory, but not really enough, if I'm honest. :') I should change that pronto... Been mostly familiarising myself with the muscles through repetition atm.
    You're completely right about the head thing; should have looked at the damn sketch in a mirror, aaah. I'll start jamming on heads pretty soon. Thankyou for the crit!

Little update, working most of the weekend, and some time was spent painting that big canvas (which isn't gonna be uploaded til it's finished now.)

Anatomy studies, sketchbook pages (batgirl and darth vader-girl are photostudies from suicidegirls) and the finished logo.
    I know updates aren't that exciting atm; hopefully that'll change soon, when I can work on personal work again.

Thanks
    I still love your anatomy studies the most Is the repetition-thing working for you? I really should start anatomy studies again too and just wondering if the learning with repetition thing would bee eerm, my thing. Oh and also the vader-girl looks cool.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Satu For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    @Satu: Ah, thankyou! Um, the repetition does help an awful lot, especially if you're trying to do it from memory each time... Good luck with your anatomy studies!

Been laying off uploading till I finished this... the beast that's been taking up all my time. -.- Finally done... Crappy photo though, sorry about that.
    That's about a2 size. Completely ate my white paint.

Some sketchbook pages - things in pen are photostudies, pencil are personal work. Trying to fill a page with photostudies every other day... been feeling a lot that my ideas are kinda... lacking. So these will be just random photos i come across on the internet, to build my visual library :')

Aaand obligatory anatomy studies

Thanks
    Hello there! nice to see you are really into figure drawing, but don't forget to post some environments, even if it is speedpaint, like you did back there.

Keep it up!

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Caio Chagas For This Useful Post:

Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast