Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Thanks
    A lot of animators use Photoshop for animations.Anime like Bleach and Naruto are made with Photoshop(I think) thats why they don't look like Flash animations.I remember watching Avengers,the new series on Disney and I think it has Flash written all over it.
    Thats the beauty with Asian animations.They take their time and ensure their work are of the highest quality possible.I have heard here and there about Toon Boom,also heard of Digicel Flipbook.I just like Photoshop cause of its graphics capabilities.Its an awesome painting and drawing software.Its what most graphic artists use,next to Corel Draw.Wouldn't it be great if an artist who uses Photoshop to paint and decides to learn 2d animation can use the same software since he is already familiar with its awesomeness?

Hated the damn IK stuff in Flash.
    About After Effects,I am not sure whether it supports vector drawings.I think it does.AE and Flash are kinda similar animation wise but I haven't used them much so I wouldn't know.
    Yeah,I tried drawing in AE but its kinda all over the place,and the drawing tools especially Brush features aren't like Photoshop

That's what I love about Photoshop-The brushes,the way you can create custom brushes by tweaking different settings,the awesome adjustment features and filters.Where else can you get such awesomeness while drawing and animating?Flash?After Effects?I don't think so.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    New animation with music:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmVvIKoLka0.

Trying to make my animations more fluid.Need to work harder.

Thanks
    Anime studio pro 7 is great all in one software for animation.

Thanks
    Flipbook combined later with Photoshop and After Effects is what I've heard most professionals in the West use. Digicell Flipbook is used for lineart animation, then Photoshop for the color and After Effects for final tweaking.

Thanks
    we use flipbook for linetest XD

Thanks
    i prefer AE only because I feel like you can always tell when something is done in flash...they always just end up looking like something from atomfilms.com....which they all use flash

Thanks
    @Drawn2Life

Wait..you use AE only?for animating,lineart,colouring?

Thanks
    ONE WORD DigiCel Here the link http://www.digicelinc.com/flipbook_lite.htm Get this it's an all in one animation software even the cheapest digicel software can bang out animations compare to the cheapest version of ToobBoom. Also the most advance Digicel animation software can do all the hard work the big time software flash and Tvpaint but still way cheaper.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to yogoma For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Checked out the website.Why does the ProHD version have 2048 X 1536 as its maximum resolution?I understand you have to work in about 3 or 2 times the target resolution and resize to the target resolution for your animations to look smoother and sharper like Naruto and Bleach.I usually work in 3200 x 1688 px before resizing to 1280 X 720 pixels in Photoshop or is there some special feature in Digicel?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,005 Times in 655 Posts
    Melviso, if you tried to animate an entire episode of animation in Photoshop, with multiple layers and camera movements, I think you'll find it to be extremely exhausting.

AFAIK, a lot of Japanese studios use a animation suite called RETAS Pro.

Digicel is a nice little program usually used for pencil tests but works quite well for simple animations.

Thanks
    I just started using Flash for my animations,wanna try it out and I want to ask if one can create custom brushes in Flash like Photoshop?

Also I imported an embeded video avi into Flash and I want to reduce the opacity of the video so I can create a new layer over it and draw over the frames with the video as reference.I dragged the movie into the stage and converted to movie clip and reduced the opacity but its not showing on the stage when I go to the part of the video I want to draw over.

I am using Flash CS3.

BTW,why isn't the bucket tool & selection tool like Photoshop?It makes shading colours problematic?or is it because its vector?

I wanna thank everyone for all the tips,advice and arguments we have had.I have really improved and learned a lot.Really hope someone can help me with these questions.
    Thanks.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DanielBodinof View Post
    hey guys, since this is a relevant topic, I just wanted to let you all know that I just launched a website where I offer video tutorials on how to create rich character animation in flash. I'd love for you all to check it out and let me know what you think! Its at animationsamurai.com

Hope you guys can gain something from it!
    OMG...those drawings.Were they done in Flash?Really cool!!!
    Are those tutorial videos available on youtube?Vimeo isn't playing for me.
    Last edited by melviso; January 4th, 2011 at 01:50 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,005 Times in 655 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by melviso View Post
    Also I imported an embeded video avi into Flash and I want to reduce the opacity of the video so I can create a new layer over it and draw over the frames with the video as reference.I dragged the movie into the stage and converted to movie clip and reduced the opacity but its not showing on the stage when I go to the part of the video I want to draw over
    Select it and convert into a symbol ( F8 ). Go to object properties>drop-down box>alpha.

Quote Originally Posted by melviso View Post
    BTW,why isn't the bucket tool & selection tool like Photoshop?It makes shading colours problematic?or is it because its vector?
    Not sure what you mean here.

Thanks
    any software will do. most of the 2d animations that we see are mix products of different softwares.

http://www.amazon.com/Pure-Animation.../dp/1858943655
    that book that i found gives you samples of different kinds of animation and tells the process and softwares used in making them.

IMHO, instead of picking out what kind of software, newbies in animation should concentrate in learning to animate (PRINCIPLES OF ANIMATION AND FIGURE DRAWING) first of all. I realized this phenomenon in my school (animation student btw) that lots of my schoolmates uses that and that kind of program yet their stuff isn't of good-quality.

Thanks
    Okay, for basic 2D animation, Flash is your man (or program, or whatever ). If you want to add a little more juice to your animated drawn frames, then I usually draw them in Photoshop, and import them into Flash afterwards.

If you want to edit the video afterwards for special effects and stuff, then Adobe After Effect is my number one program.

Of course, you could give yourself a challenge and draw all the frames in Paint and put them together in Movie Maker (That was how my first ever animation was done... it was terrible to say the least O.o).

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast