Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Thanks
    Flash is great for animations. Of course, many people use the 'tweening' option, which gives that puppet-like effect. But it's all about your skill level. These animations were done entirely in flash:
    http://unknown-person.deviantart.com...wn-person&qo=3
    http://unknown-person.deviantart.com...wn-person&qo=2

I haven't personally worked with tv paint, but this movie was made in it and it looks pretty neat too:
    http://loish.deviantart.com/art/Tric...Blue-137674999

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    I recommend you some easy-to-use flash maker tools. I have used Yuzhe Cool Motion to create animated movies. It is free. Another flash maker tool is also powerful and excellent--Yuzhe Easy Motion which is only $29.9. For more details, you can refer to their website:www.yuzhesoft.com. Many functional softwares are free. Hope this helps.

Thanks

Digicel Flipbook

if you want the traditional way by using paper and pencil watch this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3XEXzGB_rw

Thanks
    I am really understanding animation now.

2 mins long animation:

Anime

Or watch on youtube:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBv9FuQoU-Y

I used Photoshop CS3. I will keep practicing.I need to get better.
    Last edited by melviso; September 9th, 2010 at 10:53 AM.

Thanks
    Nice animation. Since you enjoy animating traditionally, I would continue to use photoshop CS4 for the animation aspect (that seems to be your preference) and put everything together in a video editing program such as sony vegas. For example; you do all of the character animation and animated objects on seperate layers then import them into vegas on seperate layers. Within vegas you can do camera movements and stuff like that. Also, you can add certain effects to individual subjects in the scene.

From what I've learned, picking an animation program is all about preference. It's like photoshop and painter. Some people prefer one or another and some use both. Just experiment and go on youtube to find examples from other programs that you like.

Thanks
    The thing with flash is that there are so many tools that can make things look puppet like, there is a lot of sort of automatic animation in there. But you can also do straight ahead and frame by frame animation. So the more you know flash, and the better you understand animation, the more realistic you can make it look

Thanks
    The Princess & The Frog was an attempt to revive 2D theatrical at Disney, but as of right now it still hasn't earned its production budget back in domestic sales (with overseas sales factored in it made a decent take, but still not as well as I'm sure they hoped it would), even after DVD release. Its showing at the box office was abysmal, and that's probably hurt the chances of them making another 2D film anytime soon (though what killed that movie, I think, had nothing to do with the format).

From what I can tell, they're trying harder to get a painterly look into the their 3D productions, and from the trailers for Tangled I'd say they're doing all right (the merger with Pixar probably hasn't hurt), so I kinda expect that they'll keep pushing that direction, rather than invest in more 2D traditional productions.

Could be wrong. There's a lot of love for 2D traditional there, but I fear love alone won't be enough.

Thanks
    hey guys, since this is a relevant topic, I just wanted to let you all know that I just launched a website where I offer video tutorials on how to create rich character animation in flash. I'd love for you all to check it out and let me know what you think! Its at animationsamurai.com

Hope you guys can gain something from it!
    -start a revolution.

AnimationSamurai.com

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to DanielBodinof For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Smile

Hi!

I'm new here on CA and i am an animation student in the Philippines.

About your question, it all depends on what type of animation you want to do. The softwares that I used so far are flash for vector based [hate it, seriously], toon boom storyboard pro [for animatics], photoshop [of course ], toon boom animate pro [it's a good software for 2d/traditional type] and autodesk maya [3d].

It all depends on what style of animation you want to do. My on-going short animation/thesis will be made on traditional basis with DIP but all other stuff such as background will be made using photoshop and effects using After Effects. It's better to have different software rather than one

Thanks
    I'm studying Anime Studio Pro 6. And I think its doing a pretty good job, but I haven't seen any good animations made by the software(anime studio). Can someone link me to some good examples of Anime Studio-made animations?

Thanks
    Thanks guys so much for the heads up and advice.
    New animation based on naruto:
    Watch on deviantart

Youtube with music track

I am getting better.

Thanks
    I just learned audio cannot be imported into Photoshop cs3 extended.I am trying to animate a girls lips to mouth the words of a song.Man,thats so not cool and its such an awesome animating software.I really hate the way Flash looks and After effects isn't very cool for drawing.Photoshop is.

I found this video and it was done in Flash.Its one of the best animations in terms of graphics when it comes to Flash.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNGUdBG6Kkc

ADOBE,if you ever by chance get to read this,pls add audio and scale and rotate tweening.Jeez,why didn't they add these features in Photoshop CS5?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,005 Times in 655 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by melviso View Post
    why didn't they add these features in Photoshop CS5?
    Because Photoshop was never meant for animation. It's quite a bloated piece of software as it is.

Despite a lot of hate, Flash is actually the most accessible piece of 2D animation software.

What a lot of new comers to animation don't realize is that animation generally isn't created in a single application.
    There's the production stage where all the raw animation is drawn (hand drawn, Flash, Toon Boom, etc) and is then taken into post production where the picture quality is refined and special effects added (After Effects, Fusion, etc).

To the previous members who have mentioned a dislike for the 'puppet look' of Flash, that's because it's exactly what it is. Puppet animation. This is not a limitation, but a feature of the software that allows animation to be executed quickly, for projects on a budget (or those who don't have training in classical animation).
    Frame-by-frame animation is entirely possible in Flash, and regardless of what software you use, the principles will remain the same.

Thanks
    I know ..thats why these things should be added in CS6.They cannot ignore how awesome this software could become.
    I tried using Flash and I hated its appearance,the bucket tool is not as good as Photoshop and you can't lock a layer and colour it so the line art colour doesn't leave the line.The selection tool in Photoshop is way easier and cool.

Truth be told,Photoshop has a huge potential as an animation software,though I do know some people animate in Flash and do the colouring in Photoshop.I have been animating in Photoshop and damn does it look good especially the effects.I dare say it looks better than After Effects.

Thanks
    lots of intersting info in this thread... i didn't know about many of these animation software. nor that anybody actually used Photoshop for animating anything other than web banners.

As for the Brackenwood series (Little Foot and so on):
    the first ones were done in Flash, the animator then switched to ToonBoom for the later ones. In terms of animation quality though I don't think you'd be able to see a difference, he seems to prefer toonboom and say its more animator friendly and has more useful features for animators. Ive used flash for years, I havn't used toonboom before but I wouldnt be surprised to see if it was actually quite a lot better than flash. you can do quite a lot in flash but you have to go out of your way quite a bit. it could be so much more userfriendly for the animator, recently theyve just been added developer features. i think the only recent addition for animators was the darned IK puppet tools which we want to get away from, LOL.

Id get a look at Toonboom, ive never used it but I imagine it would be the closest to some sort of "photoshop but for animation", after flash.

and I didnt know you could use Aftereffects to draw in! vector support? wow. i thought it was only for post work....
    so anything that can be done in flash can be done in AE? maybe i should switch...

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast