Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Which is the best software for animating in 2D?

Thanks
    Hi guys,been practicing with PS CS3 and I am enjoying myself so far:

Here are some animation stuff:

Which is the best software for animating in 2D?

Thanks for the recommendations.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by melviso View Post
    Thanks for the recommendations.I am using Photoshop CS4 for animation and am gonna draw frame by frame.
    Here is my first attempt:

Can anyone give me advice of how to animate camera movements in Photoshop CS4?If one wants to zoom into a picture or frame would you have to resize each layer per frame cause I am trying to tween between two layers and it is not working.Help!!!
    There's no such thing as a "camera" in 2D traditional, at least not in the drawing phase (there's some "camera" action that applies to composition). If you want to change the viewpoint, you draw it.

Does nobody teach off-peg tweening anymore?

Here's a solution (possibly hard to explain without pictures, but I'll try). Take your two keyframes. One is larger than the other, or a far distance across the comp, or both, and you need the tween.

Copy both, resize one to match the other in scale, place them over the top of each other (this is called "going off-peg", though the term "peg" is kinda irrelevant here). Now you can either A) resize both simultaneously to match a scale point between the two keys, or B) draw your tween, and rescale it to be between the two keys. Shift it into proper position between your original keys, touch up any problems that might arise from scaling and shifting frames around.

Hopefully that helps a little. Photoshop CS2 and on is a perfectly viable drawing tool for frame production, but remember that it's not built for it (at least, not exactly) and so it's not going to hold your hand or provide much in the way of shortcuts. Use traditional technique, just as if you were working on a light table with pencil and paper, and you'll probably be fine.
    Last edited by Inkthinker; August 29th, 2010 at 07:34 PM.

Thanks
    Flash is great for animations. Of course, many people use the 'tweening' option, which gives that puppet-like effect. But it's all about your skill level. These animations were done entirely in flash:
    http://unknown-person.deviantart.com...wn-person&qo=3
    http://unknown-person.deviantart.com...wn-person&qo=2

I haven't personally worked with tv paint, but this movie was made in it and it looks pretty neat too:
    http://loish.deviantart.com/art/Tric...Blue-137674999

Thanks
    I recommend you some easy-to-use flash maker tools. I have used Yuzhe Cool Motion to create animated movies. It is free. Another flash maker tool is also powerful and excellent--Yuzhe Easy Motion which is only $29.9. For more details, you can refer to their website:www.yuzhesoft.com. Many functional softwares are free. Hope this helps.

Thanks

Digicel Flipbook

if you want the traditional way by using paper and pencil watch this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3XEXzGB_rw

Thanks
    I am really understanding animation now.

2 mins long animation:

Anime

Or watch on youtube:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBv9FuQoU-Y

I used Photoshop CS3. I will keep practicing.I need to get better.
    Last edited by melviso; September 9th, 2010 at 10:53 AM.

Thanks
    Nice animation. Since you enjoy animating traditionally, I would continue to use photoshop CS4 for the animation aspect (that seems to be your preference) and put everything together in a video editing program such as sony vegas. For example; you do all of the character animation and animated objects on seperate layers then import them into vegas on seperate layers. Within vegas you can do camera movements and stuff like that. Also, you can add certain effects to individual subjects in the scene.

From what I've learned, picking an animation program is all about preference. It's like photoshop and painter. Some people prefer one or another and some use both. Just experiment and go on youtube to find examples from other programs that you like.

Thanks
    The thing with flash is that there are so many tools that can make things look puppet like, there is a lot of sort of automatic animation in there. But you can also do straight ahead and frame by frame animation. So the more you know flash, and the better you understand animation, the more realistic you can make it look

Thanks
    The Princess & The Frog was an attempt to revive 2D theatrical at Disney, but as of right now it still hasn't earned its production budget back in domestic sales (with overseas sales factored in it made a decent take, but still not as well as I'm sure they hoped it would), even after DVD release. Its showing at the box office was abysmal, and that's probably hurt the chances of them making another 2D film anytime soon (though what killed that movie, I think, had nothing to do with the format).

From what I can tell, they're trying harder to get a painterly look into the their 3D productions, and from the trailers for Tangled I'd say they're doing all right (the merger with Pixar probably hasn't hurt), so I kinda expect that they'll keep pushing that direction, rather than invest in more 2D traditional productions.

Could be wrong. There's a lot of love for 2D traditional there, but I fear love alone won't be enough.

Thanks
    hey guys, since this is a relevant topic, I just wanted to let you all know that I just launched a website where I offer video tutorials on how to create rich character animation in flash. I'd love for you all to check it out and let me know what you think! Its at animationsamurai.com

Hope you guys can gain something from it!
    -start a revolution.

AnimationSamurai.com

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to DanielBodinof For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Smile

Hi!

I'm new here on CA and i am an animation student in the Philippines.

About your question, it all depends on what type of animation you want to do. The softwares that I used so far are flash for vector based [hate it, seriously], toon boom storyboard pro [for animatics], photoshop [of course ], toon boom animate pro [it's a good software for 2d/traditional type] and autodesk maya [3d].

It all depends on what style of animation you want to do. My on-going short animation/thesis will be made on traditional basis with DIP but all other stuff such as background will be made using photoshop and effects using After Effects. It's better to have different software rather than one

Thanks
    I'm studying Anime Studio Pro 6. And I think its doing a pretty good job, but I haven't seen any good animations made by the software(anime studio). Can someone link me to some good examples of Anime Studio-made animations?

Thanks
    Thanks guys so much for the heads up and advice.
    New animation based on naruto:
    Watch on deviantart

Youtube with music track

I am getting better.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast