Art Fundamentals at Seneca or Sheridan?

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Art Fundamentals at Seneca or Sheridan?

I'm just in a dilemma about which college I should go to next year. I've been accepted to both programs and there's just a couple of things that I want to know before I can make my decision. First off, do class sizes matter a lot? While I was doing the drawing test at Seneca it seemed like they allowed less students into the program than Sheridan. Also, will living on res needed or is driving to my courses and back be okay? I'm very interested in getting into animation to do digital visual effects some day so I don't even know if I should take an art fundamentals course or do something like digital media. I hope you guys can give some advice cause I'm really stuck on this decision.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey there,

I don't know too much about the art fundies programs but I did go to Seneca for animation. Overall, my experience at Seneca was very positive and I grew alot as an artist (and as a person there). As to whether you need to do art fundamentals to be in vfx, that I can't really say because its out of my area of expertise. However, I'm sure if you go into art fundies with an open mind you'll gain alot from it. I found that during my time in school, alot of people complained bitterly about having to learn traditional art because they just wanted to work on the computer. You can always learn something that will be useful to you in whatever your chose profession is if you have a good attitude and an open mind.

Hope this helps.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to redrobo For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks a lot redrobo. I decided to accept at Seneca because they said their focus was mainly on drawing so I hope I can get a lot better since I've actually never taken any drawing classes but I'm still interested in doing vfx

Members who have read this thread: 3