Thread: UFO's In the UK

Thanks

UFO's In the UK

Today at around 10:30 pm UK time, i was sat in the living room working on some concept art whilst i heard my father shout from the garden, he had opened the backdoor to let my dog out to do her business before bed and spotted two strange red lights in the sky, he grabbed the binoculars and we got a closer look, when zoomed in they appeared to be more of a flat shape, I thought to myself 2 things, Aircraft/helicopter or a lantern I then realized that UK air space is closed down at the moment because of ash clouds from a volcano erupting in Iceland causing danger to flight, so then the only idea i had was lanterns. As i inspected more i saw one of the UFO's seem to develop into 2 conjoined lights flying simultaneously side by side until spinning around and joining back into 1 light and then heading off into the atmosphere and out of site along with the other, i stuck around for a few minutes in amazement and spotted another 2, one was floating in the same direction, and one appeared to be on the horizon but remained still, it appeared to get fainter and fainted until i couldn't see it which made me believe it was floating away from me in the opposite direction to the other UFO's ( this is more evidence that they cant be lanterns otherwise they would all float in the same direction ) I spent the next hour trying to figure out what it was, I am not into UFO's ghosts, all that crap, but I couldn't figure it out, anyway, after an hour or so passed i typed into Google 'UK UFOS 16/17th April 2010* and found a UFO website with around 20 comments on from tonight saying they had seen the exact same thing from all over the UK, Ireland, west midlands, lancershire, York, you name it. I cant possible find ANY explanation for this at all and would like to know if anybody has experienced something very similar tonight or in the past.

Thanks!

Luke.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Randis is offline ( ゚∀゚)/ ♥♥♥ おっぱい!おっぱい!
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,057 Times in 945 Posts
    Maybe some sort of weather balloon or some other device to measure the air properties coz after all, as you said the air space is closed down, making tests makes sense.
    Currently working on my indie RPG , please check out
    DRAGON FIN SOUP on KICKSTARTER
    Please support my Project!
    - - - - - - - - - -
    My finished paintings and other work

Thanks
    Flares? I wonder if the Military is using the opportunity to run aircraft drills, stuff like this happens sometimes in the US. They will use flares instead of dud missles for play dogfights.

Thanks
    Weather balloons maybe...usually they are white though and don't light up, also as i said, they were floating in opposite directions meaning they could not of been balloons because they would have floated in the same direction and they did some crazy maneuvers, and about the flares, nobody reported hearing any engines roaring in the sky and neither did I, and flares usually go up and then drop, these went into the atmosphere/space ( no clouds were in the sky also, i could see lots of stars )

Thanks
    Yea, I'm still gonna put my vote in for flares. Most aircraft like that will stay in the 30,000ft-42,000ft range. The higher up they are the less fuel they burn because they have less air to fight them. And the engines don't bother the people trying to get some shut eye.

Thanks
    but how would a flare fly UPWARDS from something it was dropped from from above? it doesn't make sense bud, the flare would DROP lol

Thanks
    Thanked 1,557 Times in 608 Posts
    That's a big paragraph.

Thanks
    I'm from Lancashire and saw an odd red light in the sky a few days ago. It was lowering uniformly in speed but I just dismissed it, so I dunno what it did afterwards. Probably nothing.
    Last edited by B u r l; April 17th, 2010 at 10:29 PM.

Thanks
    Check this out - http://www.uk-ufo.co.uk/

Thanks
    Do not be alarmed or frightened. It is merely swamp gas being reflected from bounced light from Venus being enhanced by a weather balloon's reflection of the moon.

Please refrain from posting any further, agents of Majestic-12 are on their way to your residence to secure the area and to make sure nothing happens to you.
    "Never regret thy fall from grace, O' spirit of Icarian flight, for the greatest tragedy of them all to face, is to never feel the burning bright"
    Believe my lies, for I tell the truth about them. Or would you rather me lie about telling the truth?

| Sketchbook | Portfolio | dA | Facebook |

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Maledict For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabbi Satan View Post
    Do not be alarmed or frightened. It is merely swamp gas being reflected from bounced light from Venus being enhanced by a weather balloon's reflection of the moon.

Please refrain from posting any further, agents of Majestic-12 are on their way to your residence to secure the area and to make sure nothing happens to you.
    good to know, i will remain seated with my butt cheeks clenched so no aliens can anal probe me.

Randis is offline ( ゚∀゚)/ ♥♥♥ おっぱい!おっぱい!
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,057 Times in 945 Posts
    I would totally believe in the UFO and abduction stories if the described designs would not look like they were made up 80 years ago.
    Currently working on my indie RPG , please check out
    DRAGON FIN SOUP on KICKSTARTER
    Please support my Project!
    - - - - - - - - - -
    My finished paintings and other work

Thanks
    but how would a flare fly UPWARDS from something it was dropped from from above? it doesn't make sense bud, the flare would DROP lol
    At that distance in the sky, perspective can do some interesting things to us on the ground. If they were launched, not droped that would explain it, other than that =shrug=,

Thanks
    Thanked 3,153 Times in 1,066 Posts

"Astronomy offers an aesthetic indulgence not duplicated in any other field. This is not an academic or hypothetical attraction and should require no apologies, for the beauty to be found in the skies has been universally appreciated for unrecorded centuries."

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to s.ketch For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    When I was a kid I was really into the X Files, and Whitley Strieber, and the whole thing. One night I saw an orange glowing ball moving through the sky near the horizon, bright enough to light up the clouds, and I was pretty convinced that it was aliens. It was way too big and bright to be an aircraft, it seriously looked like something out of Close Encounters of the Third Kind. But a bit of research (watching the news) revealed that all I'd seen was a jet doing a "dump-and-burn" fuel dump, much like this one.
    I made a bunch of fake UFO photos when I was a kid, it was kind of shocking how easy it was to make something convincing enough to fool people. It slowly began to dawn on me that probably all the UFO photos out there are fakes, just like the ones I made.
    I wish aliens were visiting the earth, but unfortunately it's just not likely. What you saw could have been anything. Lanterns remains a possibility, wind can move in different directions at different altitudes. Aircraft remains a possibility, a ban on commercial aircraft doesn't necessarily include research or military aircraft, plus I understand there still are some flights running, just at reduced numbers...... the chances it was aliens just aren't that strong.

Thanks

20. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to MikeMakesMonkeys For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,860 Times in 604 Posts
    One of the commenters on that website says "At a quick glance you would think they were stars but they must be moving at incredible speed after all the stars are thousands of miles apart".

Wow, that far? Fair boggles the mind.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Baron Impossible For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    There is no doubt there are ufos. Trained pilots see something, and nothing doesn't appear on radars.

The US military probably has some pretty amazing stuff. We have bases all over the world. In all likelihood the hundreds of billions of dollars going into black projects is probably paying off more than anyone will ever know.

Then again some ufos can't exactly be explained, like hundreds of little lights flying around only to combine into one and disappear. Imo stuff like thats probably some sort of unknown natural phenomena.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,735 Times in 4,641 Posts
    Well the UK does have a few tons of ash meandering over it at the moment and I'd expect it to make weird sights in the sky.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,308 Times in 307 Posts
    I had a friend in a middle-eastern art history class who was into Stargate and all of that "chariots of the gods" stuff. He would go on about the possibility of alien visitation influences on early cultures like the Sumerians, Mesopotamians and Egyptians. "Look! It's reflected in their artwork!"

UFO's In the UK

UFO's In the UK

UFO's In the UK

All I can do is wonder what archeologists from future cultures will be able point to as possible evidence of alien influences in artwork from our time.

UFO's In the UK

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to N D Hill For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    no worries, it was Elwelll.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.