Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Graphic novel (historical, Africa) looking for illustrator

Hybrid View

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Graphic novel (historical, Africa) looking for illustrator

Hi all,

I am an historian (Associate Professor), published (4 books, multiple articles etc). I'm currently in the application phase for grants (federal and local) to develop a series of historical documents into a graphic novel. I have publishers interested (academic & trade presses in US & UK with potential for additional free or reduced price distribution in Africa).

The story, "Abina and the Important Men" is about a young, enslaved girl in 19th Century Gold Coast who fights for her liberation. It is based on court documents, but in the genre of "new narrative history".

I am looking for an illustrator who can draw in a way that will appeal to young readers in Africa and US. If I can get the grants I'm looking for, the pay will be $10,000 plus a piece of the action.

Your requirements:
    - good illustrator
    - social conscience
    - heart and head for a good story
    - maturity

If you are interested, I could send you an article I have written about one of the documents and you could possibly quickly sketch a possible cel.
    You can contact me at : tgetz@sfsu.edu .

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    HI Trevor !

i am interested in your project , not just because i am a artist/writer, but also because i am a student of Historical studies from DELHI UNIVERSITY ,INDIA. and currenty , tying to get in m.phil .
    i had a paper " history of latin america and africa " in my graduation and M.A. It will be a great opportunity for me to be part of such thing.

CAN'T TELL YOU WITH WHAT EXCITEMENT I'M WRITTING THESE WORDS ,I WANT FROM MY HEART TO DRAW THIS GRAPHIC NOVEL ....

would like to hear from you more about this , whether you hire me or not for this graphic novel !

i will send you a email soon to try myself for this graphic novel .

-shambhu

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.