Sarah Palin gets nature documentary on Discovery Networks.

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Sarah Palin gets nature documentary on Discovery Networks.

You all seem like the caring bunch:

http://act.credoaction.com/campaign/.../?rc=fb_share1

Sarah Palin's Alaska was purchased by Discovery Networks to be aired on TLC. This is the most brilliant campaign strategy ever launched by a Republican.

It's also the most damaging thing for environmentalists since our government's failure to ratify the Kyoto Protocol. It's going to make someone who is so misinformed about the environment and the global warming seem sympathetic to the cause.

Maybe people won't fall for it, but the fact remains that the Discovery Network's imagine has been permanently tarnished in my eyes.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,122 Times in 871 Posts
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ...Oh dear god. And I like the Discovery Channel, too.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,780 Times in 849 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Redefining environmentalist is a good way to fight environmentalists.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hmm, could be interesting. It's good to be exposed to other opinions on a subject, regardless if one agrees with those opinions or not. That's how one stays open minded.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,191 Times in 516 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    I really wish John McCain had picked someone else to run with. I really don't see any good reason as to why our country has lent this woman any relevance at all. Were I from another country I'd be pointing to Palin as one more bit of evidence that a lot of America has gotten kind'a goofy.

Last edited by Bill; April 15th, 2010 at 07:46 AM.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bill For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    I really wish John McCain had picked someone else to run with. I really don't see any good reason as to why our country has lended this woman any relevance at all. Were I from another country I'd be pointing to Palin as one more bit of evidence that a lot of America has gotten kind'a goofy.
    I feel the same way about Obama. Actually that goes for most everyone is Washington except Ron Paul. Id keep him around.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to DamnDirtyApe For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Barrack Obama graduated from Columbia University and Harvard Law School where he was President of the Harvard Law Review. Sarah Palin has a Bachelor's in communications from The University of Idaho.

Obama served 3 terms in the Illinois Senate. Palin resigned halfway through her first term as Governor of Alaska.

Obama spent 12 years as a Civil Rights Attorney while teaching Constitutional Law at the University of Chicago. Palin has a multi-year contract with Fox news.

Apparently In 1984, she won the Miss Wasilla pageant and is hosting a TV show.

Personally, especially after having heard both speak, I'm a little more confident in Obama's inetgrity, ability, and motivations.

12. The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to Bill For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Thanks
    Thanked 1,308 Times in 307 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Sweet! Do we get to see her shoot shit from a helicopter? Git-er-done! Take that you stupid nature.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to N D Hill For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,153 Times in 1,067 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    The Discover Channel, TLC, and The History Channel have all significantly gone down hill in terms of educational value over the years. TDC is mostly about crab fisherman and truck drivers in cold climates. TLC is "My very special wedding day." "My very special birth." "My very special family." THC is nothing but HITLER'S SATANIST CONSPIRACY WITH UFO'S DURING WWII. Not that it was ever good but the Travel channel is simply "check out these really over-the-top dishes from all over America!"

I can't really understand why people still see The Discovery Channel as a network for learning or science.

"Astronomy offers an aesthetic indulgence not duplicated in any other field. This is not an academic or hypothetical attraction and should require no apologies, for the beauty to be found in the skies has been universally appreciated for unrecorded centuries."

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to s.ketch For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm a little more confident in Obama's inetgrity, ability, and motivations.
    I'm sure you are But I am unimpressed with his integrity, his ability, and his motivations. As I am with Palin. East Coast education <> strong leadership, insight, business acumen, or real-world experience or even common sense.

You incorrectly assume I would prefer Palin to Obama. Palin was not running for president, rather the VP position.

I didn't vote for either party. Just because I think Obama stinks doesn't mean I think Palin would be better.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    don't like it? don't watch it, it's cable, they will see the ratings and you can vote that way.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yup... I don't understand the Palin thing either. She is just an attention hungry idiot (and I don't mean that in a name calling way... she is simply not very smart, educated, or well spoken and even seems to lack the ability to realize it?). Seriously, if the republicans really needed a token woman, they could have picked someone with some amount of intelligence?

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Ivory_Oasis For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,049 Times in 1,108 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    I'm not surprised Palin's on the Discovery channel. I am surprised she's a host.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TASmith For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    What a blow, Fox must be kicking itself.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    This is the woman that tought dinosaurs were around 3000 years ago and that Africa was a country right?
    Gee, another reason not to watch television anymore.

"Sarah Palin has a Bachelor's in communications from The University of Idaho."
    I wouldn't go to that university...

Thanks
    Thanked 2,049 Times in 1,108 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Isn't that where they shot peace protestors during the Vietnam War?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by PieterV View Post
    This is the woman that tought dinosaurs were around 3000 years ago and that Africa was a country right?
    Gee, another reason not to watch television anymore.

"Sarah Palin has a Bachelor's in communications from The University of Idaho."
    I wouldn't go to that university...

Sorry.. not true about the dinosaurs.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/palin/newsquotes.asp

As for the Africa gaff, no doubt she explains it by saying she was "tired" from campaigning, like Obama did when he said that he had visited 57 states.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by DamnDirtyApe View Post
    You incorrectly assume I would prefer Palin to Obama.
    No.

I'm responding to the fact that you don't seem to have a preference.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    No.

I'm responding to the fact that you don't seem to have a preference.
    But I do have a preference. My preference is for neither to be president. Seemed like you were responding as if I preferred Palin more than Obama. If that's not what you meant then I stand corrected on that point.

As for her doing a show on Alaska.. big deal. She's no threat to anyone anymore. I really can't see her ever being president.

Last edited by DamnDirtyApe; April 15th, 2010 at 08:18 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    This is not Sparta.
    This is bullshit.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckWeisel View Post
    The Discover Channel, TLC, and The History Channel have all significantly gone down hill in terms of educational value over the years. TDC is mostly about crab fisherman and truck drivers in cold climates. TLC is "My very special wedding day." "My very special birth." "My very special family." THC is nothing but HITLER'S SATANIST CONSPIRACY WITH UFO'S DURING WWII. Not that it was ever good but the Travel channel is simply "check out these really over-the-top dishes from all over America!"

I can't really understand why people still see The Discovery Channel as a network for learning or science.
    I tend to agree. Once "Deadliest Catch" became popular everyone wanted their own. I'm more than a little surprised that its lasted this long though. You'd think that watching the same guys do the same stuff over and over and over agan would loose a little bit of its glamour after a while.

I will give credit for a few things like Dirty Jobs and Mythbusters, which are still pretty good. And the History Channel does still have Modern Marvels, and their one time specials are usually really well done (Like "The Dark Ages," or their history of Comic Book SuperHeroes).

Remember, just because you have their attention doesn't mean you have their respect-Dale Gribble (from King of the Hill)
    Old Sketchbook 1
    Old Sketchbook 2
    Newest sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

As for the Africa gaff, no doubt she explains it by saying she was "tired" from campaigning.
    Thats what we need someone that, would have had, one of the highest positions in the country making us look even more unintelligent to the rest of the world with the excuse that shes tired. I'm not saying Obama hasn't messed up but the the most important skill the president needs is good communication. That doesn't mean reading the notes off your hand or making us look retarded on a global scale

My Point Exactly

BTW. is their any way to embed hulu clips on CA

Last edited by Demo; April 15th, 2010 at 11:03 AM.
    -Demo-
    -Sketch Book Updated Sporadically-
    My Blog
    Tumbler & Wookmark (finished pieces and Cool stuff I find)
    -Facebook(always on but never post)-

If you see me on FB, or CA Talk to me, never to busy to talk and love to hear from you, chat me up about anything (Music, Games, art, ect)
    If anyone is interested in streams or hangouts let me know!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

You incorrectly assume I would prefer Palin to Obama. Palin was not running for president, rather the VP position.

I didn't vote for either party. Just because I think Obama stinks doesn't mean I think Palin would be better.
    Do you think shed be worse, or just as apt as obama in the position of president?

This was raised again and again during the campaigns, but I think it can stand to be repeated that when someone applies for the vp position, you do have to ask yourself if you would be comfortable with them as president, since they are next in line. Presidents not making it through their presidency is not unheard of, and mccain isnt the youngest and healthiest candidate weve ever seen either, if we just take that into account, accidents and other threaths aside.

If you cant see someone functioning as president, that ought to pretty much disqualify them from beeing a good candidate for vp as well.

33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mimer For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,780 Times in 849 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    I think the dirty ape wanted Ron Paul. I can see why and immediately tell you why not. Sure switching back to the gold standard would solve all of our problems and get us out of the mess we're in. That is if you want to ride a mule to work. Maybe go a few years without electricity. If you're up for something that drastic vote for Ron Paul or even Ralph Nader. It's true the only way to fix a broken system is to destroy it and start fresh, but you have to come to terms with nobody wanting that.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I despise Palin but I can't comment nor sign a petition to ban her show from airing on the Discovery Channel when I haven't even seen the show yet.

Yes, I do question her motives when she's had such a horrible anti-environment track record. And why the hell call the show "Sarah Palin's Alaska"? What does she add to the show? One would assume from the title that she will bring her own perspective on Alaska. Will she stick to her previous track record of endorsing habitat wrecking activities and shooting wildlife from a chopper? Or is this show just a vehicle to deceive others into thinking she's an environmentalist?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Raoul Duke View Post
    I think the dirty ape wanted Ron Paul. I can see why and immediately tell you why not. Sure switching back to the gold standard would solve all of our problems and get us out of the mess we're in. That is if you want to ride a mule to work. Maybe go a few years without electricity. If you're up for something that drastic vote for Ron Paul or even Ralph Nader. It's true the only way to fix a broken system is to destroy it and start fresh, but you have to come to terms with nobody wanting that.
    Well I'm not 100percent on board with everything Ron Paul says, but in terms of basic ideology and philosophic approach he's light years ahead of everyone else. Even he knows some of his idealized views (dissolving the dept of education etc) are not going to happen.

So Paul wants to get out of Iraq and Afghanistan, "avoid foreign entanglements" as Washington put it, return federal power to the states, audit/limit the federal reserve, apply sound money Austrian school principles to US fiscal/monetary policy, and give deference to, and derive guidance from, the US Constitution first and foremost. Despite his stump speeches, Obama still has us in Iraq and he actually RAISED troop deployment in Afghanistan. I firmly believe Paul would have us GTFO of the middle east asap, unlike Obama. None of those things would have us riding donkeys. The US military industrial complex wouldn't be too happy... but that's too bad.

So no, he's not the ideological messiah, but he's a damn lot closer than Bush or Obama or Clinton or even Reagan to me. He doesn't have a snowballs chance in hell though.

Quote Originally Posted by mimer View Post
    Do you think shed be worse, or just as apt as obama in the position of president?
    But people are always comparing her to Obama even now, as if she had been the one to run for president. I see it time and again in threads saying how they are glad Obama won.. as if there never was a McCain in the picture.

Hell I even did it myself earlier in the thread. The more apt comparison would be McCain to Obama or Palin to Biden. I wouldn't feel happy with her as prez, but Biden would anger me as well.

Last edited by DamnDirtyApe; April 16th, 2010 at 02:06 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by mimer View Post
    Probably worse, but she'd screw up in different ways than Obama is doing. She seemed to do fine running Alaska. She had more executive experience than Obama, McCain, Biden or Hillary. None of those people had ANY experience running an executive branch of government.

Last edited by DamnDirtyApe; April 16th, 2010 at 02:05 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Hear hear! I concur completely.

Sometimes, the History Channel has a gem amidst a sea of shit. Their documentary on the Berlin wall was good, their "Rise of Great Powers" (Forgot the actual name, but it was about the rise of China) was also good. And there are some others which are good, but I forgot the names of.

THEN you get shit like "The Nostradamus Effect", "UFO Hunters", "Monster Quest", which makes me facepalm and want to strangle the guys who thought it was a good idea to put that shit on cable in the first place. But then again, I just change the channel.

The Discovery Channel is a mixed bag as well. There's a neat show hosted by William B. Davis (The "Cigarette Smoking Man" from the X-Files) called Skeptical Eye or something (Not to be confused with Skeptical Inquirer, the magazine), which is decent. But then again, for every intelligent show on the Discovery Channel, there's "Ghosthunters", "Haunted", "Stupid Bullshit 101", "Oh-my-god-I-cannot-believe-they-put-this-shit-on-TV". So much so, I simply refuse to watch the Discovery channel anymore.

Oh well, at least I still have BBC Knowledge.

"Never regret thy fall from grace, O' spirit of Icarian flight, for the greatest tragedy of them all to face, is to never feel the burning bright"
    Believe my lies, for I tell the truth about them. Or would you rather me lie about telling the truth?

| Sketchbook | Live Stream | Portfolio | dA | Facebook | Tumblr |

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Here in SA we get NG, TDC and THC. And, sure as shit, hardly a scrap of sound science between them... <sigh>

Brendan Noeth

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.