Art: Jack Bauer Caricature
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Jack Bauer Caricature

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Jack Bauer Caricature

Jack Bauer caricature. I might or might not work more on it in the future. Please post comments, what do you think of this?

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    good work nice color

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    thanks!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Looks very nice so far. If you do decide to add more detail to it, I think it'd look really good with a photo-realistic approach.

Please visit "The Shuttered City" webcomic at: www.LucreComics.com

To see my portfolio and other related artwork, please stop by: http://lucre.carbonmade.com/

My DeviantArt page: http://benjamin-the-fox.deviantart.com/[/url]

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks, Benjamin, I may do that...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    It really does look good. I can tell who it's supposed to be, so that's good. Two things that maybe you might want to consider though... And they both involve the chin! Right now the chin seems to be pointing in a slightly different direction than the rest of the face. It seems to be going a bit to his right. Think that there is a skull underneath the face and what the bones are doing underneath the skin. I know it's a common mistake though, and I make it all the time too, I did it on my Jay Leno piece, lol. The other thing is... I know he has a fairly chin, and you captured that, but he also has a big forehead. But right now, because you exaggerated the chin like that, the forehead appears smaller. So what you could do ( and this is a pretty easy fix in Photoshop ), is just make the whole bottom of the face ( from the eyebrows down ) smaller. This will exaggerate that large forehead more, but it'll also still show what his chin looks like in comparison to the other features.

But anyway, these are minor things. The picture looks really good and you are definitely on your way to doing some cool caricatures!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    tjh - glad you like it!!!

Sycra - Thanks for you crit, I'll work more on that sometime later

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Kiefer is a very difficult subject to capture, kudos for making the attempt. Not sure I would have known this was him without knowing it was him. I probably would have gotten it from the nose and the over all ear shape which you captured fairly well. While the total shape of the ear is right, the placement of the elements within aren't, the lobe on his ear is fairly big. You have the ear opening very low and his is just under midway.

I would follow Sycra's suggestion about the forehead and rest of the face. He has an interesting shaped chin but not all that big when compared to the fore head. The area under the lip could stick out more than you have it. Also his upper lip almost disappears under the divot when his mouth is in that position. and doesn't pucker up like that.

Watch the planes of the face he has interesting looking cheeks that I don't think you captured at all. His eyes are generally squinty. I think you have them too open. Also his eyebrows are thicker on the outside than they are on the inside as you have them. You captured the bottom lid pretty well, but the upper lid is thicker and over hangs more and because of the light source would be shaded more like you have the bottom one.

I think you cut off his left jowl and this doesn't work very well for him, and hurts likeness. I think the chin shape is wrong. It is more pointed than you have it and since you omitted the jowl, it looks like it sticks out far which is awkward looking.

Also his head indents a bit at the temples so the side shading would go further across the forehead than on the cheeks.
    Thats about it. Hope at least some of that made some sense. I look forward to seeing what changes you make, if any.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    clifFroth - Thanks for the crits!!!

IMPORTANT - I'd encourage everyone to go into the critique center forum here, as all these crits are very useful when a piece is still being. I'll appreciate any comments here and there, but what you guys posted here is important and would have loved to have heard your opinion on the starting stages of this image...

Some w.i.ps in case anyone's interested Cheers

SUN and JACK from LOST

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I really love this! Especially the creases around the eyes, they're subtle, but give a really realistic feel to a caricature. Nice.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.