Thanks

CS2 "Not Enough RAM" error?

So... I was working in Photoshop CS2 and it started freaking out. I got a "not enough RAM" error anytime I tried to do *ANYTHING*. I get the error message any time I click on a new tool, any time I try to save, any time I try to do much of anything. (Weirdly, it will say it "cannot complete request" when I click on a tool, but then lets me use the tool.)

I have no idea why it's doing this because NOTHING ELSE IS RUNNING. I closed all other programs before I started working because the computer was running slow anyway.

I want to restart, but can't until I save the image somehow. Help?
    "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the one doing it."

Got Art? My Website

My deviantART Gallery

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Close your browser close your anti vir

I know this problem that you can´t save the work due to low RAM.
    Try to get some steps back in the protocol and save then - I don´t know if that works.
    You can also try to disable all layers and save then.

For the future you can set the protocol to save less steps backward. But some point in time you should buy additional RAM.
    www.ClassicalAtelier@HOME.com
    My website for learning traditional fine art on your own! --- Derived from THIS thread at CA.org
    ------------ ♦ ♦ ♦ ------------
    www.cast-drawing.com
    drawing casts (geometric shapes, anatomical casts, skull), tutorials on Bargue drawing and cast drawing, Willow Charcoal, free drawing exercises

Thanks
    I *had* everything closed. Nothing else was running while Photoshop was on, until this happened and I went online to look for help. I even went into the processes and closed what I could there. The file itself wasn't that big, about 70MB. I've run files that are a lot bigger than that and it didn't have a problem. It lagged, but it didn't come up with this "no RAM" bullshit.

I don't know what you're talking about "get steps back in the protocol" and if I disabled layers I couldn't continue working.

My computer has 1.5 GB of RAM, which is actually 2 GB of RAM. It can't hold any more RAM because it's just a laptop and is a little old. Photoshop has never done this before and usually works perfectly.

It was a moot point anyway because after a while I got a C++ Runtime Error and the whole program just closed itself with no input from me. o_o
    "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the one doing it."

Got Art? My Website

My deviantART Gallery

Thanks
    What window opearting system are you using?

2 GB of Ram is small memory, not enough space. You might need to upgrade it being large memory which give you big and good space for smoothly running your Photoshop CS2 so you can save your any memory size of work in your hard drive without any error.

4 GB of Ram is good
    8 GB of Ram is best
    12 GB of Ram is super outstanding.