Intuos 4 - defective or just bad tablet?
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Intuos 4 - defective or just bad tablet?

Hybrid View

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Intuos 4 - defective or just bad tablet?

Hello,
    I have a problem with my new Intuos 4.
    I found the similar thread on the fotum, but the problem was with Intuos 3, so I decided to put it in a new thread.

When i draw diagonal lines with tilted pen they are very weavy. When the pen is pointing straight down it draws straight lines. I asked about it on the official Wacom forum and got the answer that it can be "to some extend" caused by the driver which should be improved and ther's no fix for it, but that doesn't convince me. I bought the Intuos 4 for the precision and what I get is...

The tablet was tested on the latest driver with Mac and PC (Win 7) and with Photoshop, Sketchbook Pro, Corel Painter with the same results.
    I visited the Wacom store and was told that the lines should be straight even with tilted pen...

So...
    PLEASE
    if you have Intuos 4, take a ruler and check if your diagonal lines with tilted pen turn out the same way...

...if yes - than in my opinion this tablet sucks. This is a huge disadventage.

...if no - than i will be very happy and will send my tablet across the world to be exchanged.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    mine doesn't do that. looks like some kind of interference. I had an old laptop that caused an intuos 2 to act like that. When I changed machines the problem was fixed. I was under the impression that the wireless card was responsible.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thank you for the response. I tested the tablet in the Wacom store with other computer and the lines were the same. At least now I know that it should be fixed.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.