Thanks
    Thanked 1,331 Times in 1,015 Posts

Intous 4 malfunction?

My intous 4 arrived today, i installed it for left hand orientation and for some reason its still working with right hand orientation, i went to the intous 4 control panel and made sure it was on "left-handed" mode, which it was.. and it was still not working properly. I have tried reinstalling the software 3 times now and that hasn't changed anything.

Can someone help me? i already contacted the customer support but it will take 24-48 hours before they reply to my email, so.. if anyone has an intous 4 or has experienced problems like this i'm all ears on how to fix it.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    I had a similar problem with mine, I got it awhile back so I cant rember exactly how I got round it. alot of messing around with settings and im sure I had to uninstall the driver at some point so i could set it up from scratch agen and go through the settings when you first install the software. sorry I cant help much, good luck.

Randis is offline ( ゚∀゚)/ ♥♥♥ おっぱい!おっぱい!
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,057 Times in 945 Posts
    did you try searching the wacom forums for this issue? if others have it there might be posts...
    You can try reinstalling or updating the drivers... and i am not sure if that would change anything but doesn't the I4 has 2 USB slots?
    Currently working on my indie RPG , please check out
    DRAGON FIN SOUP on KICKSTARTER
    Please support my Project!
    - - - - - - - - - -
    My finished paintings and other work

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by R a n d i s View Post
    did you try searching the wacom forums for this issue? if others have it there might be posts...
    You can try reinstalling or updating the drivers... and i am not sure if that would change anything but doesn't the I4 has 2 USB slots?
    yea im looking through their forums right now, and it has 2 usb coords not sure why since there is only one port on the tablet, i have tried both of them and they work just the same, so that didnt solve the issue. :/

also their forums are well made so it will probably take 24-48 hours to get a response there :p

Thanks
    Thanked 1,017 Times in 286 Posts
    Intous 4 malfunction?

i've got a thought. note that the cable in this picture is in the top right corner for the right-hand orientation. if you turn it around for left-hand orientation, the cable will be on the bottom left corner, which is not ideal. the way the intuos4 is designed is that it does have dual USB ports, one on either corner, you just cant see them both at the same time. you need to turn it upside down and use the selector slider to toggle between the right-hand and left-hand port. you'll see one being revealed, whilst the other is hidden in the same motion. for all intensive purposes, you need to have the cable in the top corner port, regardless of your orientation. hope that makes sense..?

Thanks
    well, i only have 1 port, and its in the middle, during the installation it asked whether i wanted to be left/right, i chose left, but its still right for some reason. :/ perhaps i have a new/revised/different model.'

EDIT: its been fixed.
    Last edited by Krato; April 10th, 2010 at 01:22 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,017 Times in 286 Posts
    hmm... not sure buddy, my intuos4 was one of the first batch, so they may well have revised the design somewhat

Thanks
    So you have a small, right? The two cables are only if you want the cable going up or down, there is no difference. I just got an Intuos 4 last night and the option to switch left handed only appeared until I used my pen. You have this switched on? Not sure what might be going on...

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Adam Nowak For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    yea thats what i did earlier.. that fixed it, i thought when i installed it in "left hand mode" it would have put the express keys on the right for you but i guess not, thanks!