figure construction book alternatives?
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

figure construction book alternatives?

are there any alternatives to studying say bridgeman, hogarth, or loomis books?

don't get me wrong, these guys are great, its just the stylization is pretty off-putting to me. but if these are truly the best in the long run ill go ahead and dive in.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Villpu is more lower level and I think closer to being able to teach anyone. Loomis was an illustrator so bad that it made his books superficial, everyone allways assume his teaching illustrations was made on the fly, as in,... look here.. this is how I do it.. but then in real life he had to spend alot of time fixing those to have publish quality.

Villpu is a world class educator. He works with people and study what they typically concieve of, where their misconceptions typically are, he also have a dialect that's filled with imbedded command to help students build strategy. Good idea to get hold of one of his videos just to hear him talk through his brain. He knows how to que his student's attention and intentionally does certain things to help them remember, he'd stop and go into a story or metaphor to make some points of information have background etc.. I think he had a few world class training training.

http://rapidshare.com/files/18543723...ungraphics.rar

Der nackte Mench:

Don't worry about not being able to read German, just flip through it, you'll know why it's such a good book.

He's one of the few artists that gives you a profile scetch of the pelvis bones for example and the way he rendered it makes you instantaneousely get a perfect 3D understanding, even if you have never seen a real pelvis model, there's no vague spots in his work.

Last edited by George Abraham; April 9th, 2010 at 11:42 AM.
    ----------------------------------
    Scetchbook: View the exhibitionist's stuff.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to George Abraham For This Useful Post:

Members who have read this thread: 1