Sketchbook: BLARGHHH. - Page 3

View testimonialsView Artwork
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: BLARGHHH.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Long time no see.

2 weeks untill uni is OVER for this semseter! Then holidays.. I can't wait to get graphite all over my hands every day!

Anyways.. been studying for exams, workshops and the like so I haven't had much time to get my head around portraits or upload. As for studies... well after studying uni stuff for so long I feel like "letting go" hence the dodgey unrefferenced imagination things. I think by not studying I've gone backwards again D: Oh wells.. I shall pick up, hopefully, lol

Oh and I've been doing Lil "copies" throughout my books in lectures hehe Theirs an example below... somewhere.. I think... I don't even know haha.

Still having trouble with portraits! I got so fustrated at the mouth I scribbled it out lol. Next time I'll get it haha.

Name:  gar1.jpg
Views: 87
Size:  60.1 KB

Silly pickachu from imagination

Name:  gar2.jpg
Views: 88
Size:  40.4 KB

Quick sketchy chick from a mag

Name:  gar3.jpg
Views: 84
Size:  19.2 KB

I've been doing things like this throughout mah textbook, it's quite distracting >.<

Name:  gar4.jpg
Views: 83
Size:  27.7 KB

Thingey

Name:  gar5.jpg
Views: 88
Size:  21.2 KB

Dwagon again

Name:  gar6.jpg
Views: 89
Size:  24.5 KB

Yet another portrait fail >.<

Name:  gar7.jpg
Views: 84
Size:  18.0 KB

Bird thing.

Name:  gar8.jpg
Views: 89
Size:  24.7 KB

Cbf'd uploading more, they're basically along the lines of the ones above lol.

Now, back to "real" study.. garrrr

"It is well known that a vital ingredient of success is not knowing that what you're attempting can't be done. A person ignorant of the possibility of failure can be a halfbrick in the path of the bicycle of history." ~ Terry Pratchett

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

you are really moving along

I thought I would just comment on the fact you are moving forward. I am so glad you are going back to the basics and learning foundations.

no matter what the interruptions life throws in your face keep your creative desire alive!!!!

One other thing but it may be kinda weird to write this, but your creatures look as though they are bursting too become a story or a future stuffed animal. I think your gesture work with the creatures only requires a bit more depth, perhaps more tonal differences and plane definition. but that will come once you have the foundations learned.

good job

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

soooo whatcha doin

no rush...I know life tends to happen when to creative folks....

just wanted you to know I am hoping you are keeping to your creative journey.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I replied in your sketchbook, I guess I should reply here too. :p I shouldn't have abruptly disappeared.

I just become inactive because uni life and various other things are zapping my time. ;P I will return probably around Christmas holidays or something. Mwahahaha. I love art too much but unfortunately it is addictive. When I scribble I'll lose track of time and put off important, yet boring things like assignments and study. :]

I also feel inlove with an artist so his been helping me improve in the real world hehe. He gives me crits and so forth, in a strange way his "my eyes". Biomed is also now taking over my life. I made the decision to stick with it and put 150% towards it. Unfortunately that means less time for art but oh well. I make up for it on the weekends where I'll just scribble for ages with him. Watching the difference between his still lives and mine is a major drive. It also helps to physically watch someone draw and pick at my short comings. I must improve! XD Anyway upon finishing uni I'll be better off and have more time to pursue art hehe. For now, I have a physical helping hand. ^.^

Thanks for the crit, he is always going mad at me for not putting enough tone in. XD I'm learning lol.

I will return to hopefully upload improvements sometime later this year. Thanks for the kind words. Everything you said is helping this noob get better. Hehe. ;3

"It is well known that a vital ingredient of success is not knowing that what you're attempting can't be done. A person ignorant of the possibility of failure can be a halfbrick in the path of the bicycle of history." ~ Terry Pratchett

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

well well well an artist

New involvement with an artist hmmmm, hmmmm...hmmmm. I would be jealous but I'm kinda in love with a very rare man who also happens to my husband.

It is good you have made your decision of what you will do for the major part of your life. Plus you are keeping art in your life. I think your plan is very sound. Just make sure you do not neglect your spiritual self.

There is a book called Tools for Innovation which discusses reasons why sketching aides the innovation process. Sometimes verbal descriptions of complex subjects can be difficult. Sketching a concept is often easier then talking about it.

A review of the book from Psychology today stated:

<b>"Person sketchingOne particularly important aspect of sketches is that they are ambiguous. At the time that you draw a sketch, you probably know what you meant to draw. However, if you show that sketch to other people, they are less likely to know exactly what you were thinking, and so they may interpret the lines and elements in your sketch differently than you did. That reinterpretation can lead to new ideas. And you don't always have to rely on someone else for this. If you put your sketch down and pick it up some time later, you may forget exactly why you drew it the way you did. So, you have to reinterpret your own sketch, and that may lead to new connections for yourself."</b>

So keeping your sketching up is a good thing and will more than likely aide you in your chosen field. I know of doctors who are also illustrators, software engineers painters, mathematicians artist and chemist nuts who are only sane when they sculp.

also you really need to stop gushing love all over the place.
    (just teasing ya!)
    reading between the lines...you sound like you are in a happy place.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Members who have read this thread: 1