Thanks

New online comic website!!!

Hey Everyone,

My name is Christian Rubiano, and I just wanted to let you know about my new online comic site, launching next Monday, called Inkbot.net.

INKBOT.NET is an Online Comic Showcase created to display the works of its
    Creative Department and several other working professionals within the
    Independent scene.

We are dedicated to creating a platform where creators can openly discuss their stories with their readers and vice versa. We are also committed to delivering at least one online title per month.

INKBOT.NETwill only post Creator-owned Comics. We do not retain the rights to any of the Comics, with the exception of the right to display the Comics on the website (unlike Zuda).

Right now, we are looking for seven talented creators who would like to post either exclusively or just feature their comic on the site, on a monthly basis. The upside is that since the site won't be congested with hundreds of comics, your eight page has a better chance of standing out. You also own the rights to your comic, so you can set up an market place, independent of the website. Lastly, I will have a table at the NY comic con so if anyone wants to stop by, I can reserve an hour-two hour slot for them to meet with fans and have a chance to promote their work (whether Inkbot related or not). So, if anyone is interested in posting, hit me back. If not, then I invite you to check out our great stories launching next Monday (April 12th).

BELOW IS A COPY OF THE EVENT NOTICE:

Hey Guys,

On Monday, April 12th, We launch my online comic website: Inkbot.net. We are launching with two great titles, one is an exclusive eight page called "The Devil Died different," and the other is a featured short from Atlus Comic's own, Robert Sodero. So, if you like great stories, or you just love comics, make sure you check us out at launch.

Christian Rubiano
    P.S.
    Please pass this on to anyone who you think might be interested. Thanks.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks

Oops almost forgot

If anyone wants more information about inkbot.net then email me at gpz4ever@hotmail.com. Thanks!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Ragdoll85 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,780 Times in 850 Posts
    I'm quite interested, because I'm currently working on something in the Zuda ratio. I'd just like to keep my options open. If you don't mind I have a few questions.

I noticed you used the word exclusive. Does that mean you have the money to offer a page rate? You don't have to give a number, but a simple yes or no will do.

Do you have a good reader? If so can we get a link to an example?

Do you plan on printing?

Thanks
    What I meant with "exclusive" or feature is that you can choose to either post your strip on the site exclusively or simply feature it.

No, I don't pay for people to post on the site. The only advantages that I offer is that of free promotion, a guest spot at my table in the NY Comic con (especially if you post exclusively), and the chance to benefit from cross promotion, since other creators will be posting on the site.

Our reader was designed by Zoomify.com, so if you look at their different readers you'll have a good idea of how ours will look/work when it launches next Monday.

I will be printing my own creator own titles under the Inkbot banner, but I'm not opposed to the idea of creating an Inkbot anthonlogy, I would just need to negotiate with the creators who would want to be included, since everyone owns their own work. I am also planning on striking a deal with one of the many independent presses, who print web comic anthologies, once readership is up, but that wont be for a while, I assume.

Aside from that, i'm not trying to keep anyone from joining Zuda, i'm simply offering an alternative from any one who either a) does not want anyone owning their work but still wants the advantage of cross promotion B) Has been rejected by Zuda, or has not won the competition but does not want the hassle of starting their own site, and C) anyone who simply wants to see how their comic does on a promoted site that isn't like any of the congested artist blog spots.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Ragdoll85 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,780 Times in 850 Posts
    Thanks for answering my questions. I can't wait to see your new site.

Thanks
    No problem, I wish you luck with your future projects.