wacom choice

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: wacom choice

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

wacom choice

Hello, i have never done digital art and i am looking into it. Something around 100 $ would be great. I was looking at the bamboo but i am a bit confused. Thanks

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I am sorta kinda in your situation. I have been using wacom since 05, but my first experience was with the college's intuos2 which were pretty darn good. My first wacom that I owned was the graphire4 which is half the pressure sensitivity. My graphire4 wire turned green in certain spots and just died yesterday. I contacted Wacom about repair which is $62.50 plus shipping. However, the guy told me that the bamboo is the new replacement for the graphire4. The bamboo pen has the same sensitivity and the bamboo pen and touch has twice as much sensitivity. The area that you have to draw with is kind of smaller though. That is my only issue at the moment. I am afraid that it will affect my actual stroke or something haha.

You can pretty much accomplish the same task as the most sensitive models. You have to do some adjustments and what not but it should work out fine for you. Right now I am just trying to decide if I want to pay less to repair or pay slightly higher for a new wacom but smaller work space. ($20 or so more with smaller space....mmm but more sensitive with pen and touch) AAAH!! lol I hope I helped you out just a little.

Take care

I always try to make something cool to go here...

4. The Following User Says Thank You to infinite 000 RF3 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    thanks a lot. Although I've never done digital art, i want something that will last for a while. I just want to be sure i can do some good stuff with the bamboo pen, because in the description it sounds more like its used for writing and editing and stuff.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.