Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 14 to 26 of 33

Thread: matte painting tutorials

  1. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    87
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    While this is some very nice work, this is far from what I would call a tutorial... it would be nice if we could better understand in more detail how you get from one plate to the other...

    It would allow the tutorial to appeal to a wider range of skill sets. As is stands now it is a neat, though quick time laps of a job, not a tutorial.

    It is great work though! It would just be nice to see behind the curtain a bit more.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote


  2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
  3. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Belgrade, Serbia
    Posts
    2,156
    Thanks
    2,921
    Thanked 2,804 Times in 942 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by geronimo66 View Post
    While this is some very nice work, this is far from what I would call a tutorial... it would be nice if we could better understand in more detail how you get from one plate to the other...

    It would allow the tutorial to appeal to a wider range of skill sets. As is stands now it is a neat, though quick time laps of a job, not a tutorial.

    It is great work though! It would just be nice to see behind the curtain a bit more.
    Cool man, this is reason why i said " if you have any question....". Feel free to ask what you want to now, and i will try to answer. I am here

    M
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  4. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    BEST...AWESOME WORK...

    B MY FRND...

    and teach me AS a TEACHER
    thanx....
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  5. #17
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    boston
    Posts
    26
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Wow so thats how it done. I still have no idea how to do it myself but, this is still great thanks.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  6. #18
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Belgrade, Serbia
    Posts
    2,156
    Thanks
    2,921
    Thanked 2,804 Times in 942 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ceasar View Post
    Wow so thats how it done. I still have no idea how to do it myself but, this is still great thanks.
    Let me try to explain better every image so that everything get more understandable

    M
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  7. #19
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    8
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    wow nice, thanks for sharing
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  8. #20
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    The land of wireframe hell
    Posts
    352
    Thanks
    13
    Thanked 39 Times in 38 Posts
    Id love to see some more detail in these- various photoshop techniques that you've used to get that "just right" look- filters, blend modes...etc... and how you pulled elements from various photos and stitched them together so they are seamless. Also, show us how you painted in the distortions on the buildings or took photos and merged them- I WANT TO KNOW, DAMN IT!!! What are your tips and tricks? A beginner's guide? Talk about it as if we all had no idea how a matte painting worked on the most basic level.

    Help me understand one of my favourite art forms even better so next time I look at Dylan Cole's masterpieces, I can sit back and understand the hours of work that went into it.
    Where your once steely reserve is now merely tinned,
    You'll find it all in Morrowind

    SUPERCALIFRAGILISTIC-EXPIALIDOSKETCH
    | LYNO | GRAFGUY | NANOBLACK | SUBLIMUS |
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  9. #21
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Belgrade, Serbia
    Posts
    2,156
    Thanks
    2,921
    Thanked 2,804 Times in 942 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NanoBlack View Post
    Id love to see some more detail in these- various photoshop techniques that you've used to get that "just right" look- filters, blend modes...etc... and how you pulled elements from various photos and stitched them together so they are seamless. Also, show us how you painted in the distortions on the buildings or took photos and merged them- I WANT TO KNOW, DAMN IT!!! What are your tips and tricks? A beginner's guide? Talk about it as if we all had no idea how a matte painting worked on the most basic level.

    Help me understand one of my favourite art forms even better so next time I look at Dylan Cole's masterpieces, I can sit back and understand the hours of work that went into it.
    Ok i will. I will extend this tutorial, or make new one. Currently i am busy, but will try to find some extra time

    M
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to meth For This Useful Post:


  11. #22
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Montreal, Quebec, Canada
    Posts
    464
    Thanks
    102
    Thanked 181 Times in 101 Posts
    Wow, I've never see anything like this; how cool!
    Follow Me! | DeviantART | Twitter
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  12. #23
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    26
    Thanks
    18
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    I love how you made that and have been wanting to try and make one like this what do you use I know prolly photoshop but do you use wacom or do you use like just mouse? awsome thank you for posting this can I ask you more questions reguarding this?
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  13. #24
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Belgrade, Serbia
    Posts
    2,156
    Thanks
    2,921
    Thanked 2,804 Times in 942 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lokispec23 View Post
    I love how you made that and have been wanting to try and make one like this what do you use I know prolly photoshop but do you use wacom or do you use like just mouse? awsome thank you for posting this can I ask you more questions reguarding this?
    Hey man, sorry for late reply, i haven't check this thread in a while , my bad.

    I use wacom, i never could work anything with mouse any more
    Sure, ask any question and i'll give my best to answer it

    M
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  14. #25
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    32
    Thanks
    14
    Thanked 25 Times in 10 Posts
    That reel is tight, Mateja! Congrats!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to Saracen For This Useful Post:


  16. #26
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    84
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 16 Times in 15 Posts
    hi great work, were the cars in the top painting, hand painted or are they photos? is most of your work photos with small amount of hand painting?
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. MATTE-EFFECT : A Digital Matte-Painting Freelance Company!
    By kaustavsinha in forum ARTISTS LOOKING FOR WORK!
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: January 21st, 2011, 07:38 AM
  2. MATTE-EFFECT : A Digital Matte-Painting Freelance Company!
    By kaustavsinha in forum ARTISTS LOOKING FOR WORK!
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: December 8th, 2010, 12:53 PM
  3. Any matte painting tutorials
    By BAN_KAI in forum Artist Lounge
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: October 24th, 2010, 06:23 AM
  4. mes 1er matte painting ( my creation matte painting)
    By thx56 in forum ART CRITIQUE CENTER
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: November 2nd, 2007, 08:23 PM
  5. Art: Matte Painting Tutorials.
    By Warhead82 in forum FINE ART
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: December 22nd, 2004, 04:44 AM

Members who have read this thread: 5

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • 424,149 Artists
  • 3,599,276 Artist Posts
  • 32,941 Sketchbooks
  • 54 New Art Jobs
Art Workshop Discount Inside

Developed Actively by vBSocial.com
SpringOfSea's Sketchbook