Comic Inking Practice

Join 500,000+ artists on ConceptArt.Org.

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Hmm, looks like you need to steady your hand a bit. Moving from the shoulder and elbow (and not the wrist) is a good way to keep lines from getting messy. You should also think about line weight since your figure is getting lost in the background.

Thanks
    Most of the drawing programs are going to have some way to make the geometrically straight lines on things like the dresser be perfectly straight (e.g. Photoshop or Gimp touch one end of the line and then hold down shift while touching the other end of the line). Nailing the straightness of those lines on the furnishings might provide some contrast with the more fluid lines on the figure.

I could see a figure, but I couldn't tell for sure if it had an alien head or something and it took some concentration to figure out it looks like a woman is holding a mirror in front of her face or something. I would do a little more work there because everybody will naturally look there. You want to make sure they can see what they are supposed to see when they look there.

Members who have read this thread: 2