Insufficient Memory!

Join 500,000+ artists on ConceptArt.Org.

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks

Insufficient Memory!

I get this messege saying "Insufficient Memory to complete this command" when im trying to paint with anything. I tried changing the windows option of half and full memory support and no change. I also noted that all temp is going to my drive C and i can not choose any other drives!
    The painting that i started is an A4 format i think - so quite large. But yesterday it worked fine - now its this.
    Any help would be highly appreciated!

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    your secondary disk must be in NTFS to be used as work disk... painter will eat all the memeory that u will allow to it !!!

I'm a manky artist, don't mess with me

Thanks
    thanks, i didnt know about that

Thanks
    Hi,

If you get this message when beginning a brushstroke, make the brush Size smaller until the message doesn't appear.

It might also help to work in Painter with all other programs closed. Not sure about that, but often helps when people find Painter behaving sluggishly.

Good luck,

Please do not PM me with Painter questions. Instead, post them here where everyone can benefit from them. Thanks!

Jinny Brown
    Visit PixelAlley.com
    and The PainterFactory

Thanks
    thanks jin

i know that the size of the canvas is also effecting the smootheness of painter but - What size do you guys start with? I mean i see huge resolution paintings and i wonder - if they had trouble with insuf memory as well..

Thanks
    Hi,

From reading most of the Painter related e-mail lists, newsgroups, and message boards for years, I can say that most people have problems with Painter slowing down when they work on large images and use large brush sizes.

Some artists begin their paintings at smaller dimensions and Resolution (ppi) to block in large areas of color. Then they Resize the image upward also increasing the Resolution (ppi) to paint large details. Last, they Resize the image to the final dimensions and Resolution (ppi) to paint fine details and clean things up.

This way, they can use manageable brush sizes at each image size/Resolution.

Dropping Layers can also help when you're sure you don't need that color information separated on a Layer anymore.

Use Save As (instead of Save) to save your image in RIFF format.

Save the image Uncompressed (check the Uncompressed box when saving).

Save the image in a numbered series of files, so if something goes wrong you can always go back to the last saved version.

Delete the Pre-built Brush File after each Painter session, or after working for an hour or so, save the filel and delete it.

It's found in the :

Corel > Corel Painter 8 > Brushes folder

Painter 7 > Brushes folder

Painter 6 main application folder.

The Pre-built Brush File is regenerated automatically the next time Painter is opened.

Keep your brush libraries and art materials libraries in their original state and create new libraries for custom brushes and custom art materials. Large libraries are another drain on system resources.

Lower the number of days Painter Auto Saves scripts if you have it set to the maximum, 10 days. Saving scripts takes up memory. (Edit > Preferences > General)

Every few days, delete the Scripts library file and Painter will regerate a new, empty Scripts library the next time Painter is opened. You'll find this file in the main Painter application folder.

For Mac users, it's the Painter Script Data file.

For Windows users, it's the Painter.ssd file.

If you have the Undo number set to the maximum of 32 Undo's, lower the number as much as you can. Each Undo uses memory. (Edit > Preferences > Undo)

Hope this helps.

Please do not PM me with Painter questions. Instead, post them here where everyone can benefit from them. Thanks!

Jinny Brown
    Visit PixelAlley.com
    and The PainterFactory

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.