PSA: Making Requests

View testimonialsView Artwork
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

In the interest of keeping the tutorials forum free from clutter I'd like to ask everyone to make requests for tutorials in the "making requests" thread stickied here in this forum.

By doing this you will be helping yourself and serving the community by not pushing actual tutorials to the second or third or more pages with requests, also that way tutorial makers can conveniently look in this thread and see if there are any topics that they'd like to tackle.

I will move some of the existing requests into this thread over the course of the next few days, but from now on all requests must be made in here, or I will delete or move them.

This is your introduction and warning, so please everyone lets try to keep this place clean and easily navigable by posting requests here.

Thanks everyone!

Sep

Last edited by Sepulverture; April 2nd, 2010 at 03:23 AM.
    Sepulverture's Sketchbook Page 1 Page 19
    Sepulvertures Extended Studies Page 1
    page 2

Tutorials Tips and Tricks needs you to stay alive!"
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey all,
    I'm looking for a basic intro to painting enviroments. Any interesting articles or tuts out there?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey guys. If you got the time on your hands I'l love to see a tutorial for drawing/painting a poison dart frog in PS. with lighting etc. I'm a fan of the bright colors and combinations, the wet skin, and how the light hits it in different spots. I think it would be really worth while to learn.

something link this coloring. There are other posion dart frogs, but I'm more of a fan of this lightening blue color, and the wide variety of spots.

now that I mention in, the wet rocks would also be cool to learn how to draw. But that's more of a secondary request.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Looking for Corel Painter tutorials, I prefer vids but text will do too

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    A nebula tutorial would be great...i can't find one that explains how to make that gassy edges.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey guys I just wanted to stop by here first and throw a much needed request out there

I am looking to utilize a work flow similar to Ben Mauro's stuff
    http://benmauro.blogspot.com/

I had a friend Ahmed at CCAD who worked almost the same way before he transferred to Art Center, he was going to show me a similar style but left before he had a chance

I am looking at this piece in particular http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_mhHTV3WY7L...SPA_01b_BM.jpg

it looks as though a rough to tight pencil sketch is completed then thrown in photoshop to be painted over. I understand that much, but my question is, at what point do you actually start painting over the pencil drawing, ala washes of color? or is all done underneath the pencil drawing layer that is probably set to multiply?

I really love this look, and love how it takes the sketch and flushes it out to a beautiful painting. Design studio press's Alien Race is full of work like this, but I can't seem to find any tutorials explaining this process. I have seen a bunch that show rough sketches in photoshop then moving directly into paint, and I have seen the polar opposite, with comic book coloring, in which a pencil drawing is inked then colored.

I hope this isn't too specific of a request, but I feel like there is some trial and error in my future, but I am just looking for a " paint underneath the drawing until you have solid color, then add a new layer on top of the pencil sketch etc" or something in that flavor.

This must be a common technique at art center because I see a lot of student work that looks this way

thanks guys

br()wnie

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi, I'm new here so I'm not sure how this all works. If this is the wrong thread or something then I'm sorry. I was wondering if anyone could help me or give a little bit of advice.

I (like everyone here) wish to create concept art/game artwork, but I'm currently very limited with what I'm capable of drawing.
    Right now, my main inspiration is Portal 2 concept art, but I've tried (and failed) to draw debris.

This is an example of my recent artwork: <a href="http://hellsplumber.deviantart.com/art/Portal-2-177208919">Portal 2</a>.
    As you can see, the ground looks much to clean for a place thats supposed to be falling apart.

This is what I'm aiming for: <a herf="http://images.wikia.com/half-life/en/images/7/78/Portal_2_beta_rubble2.jpg">Portal 2 concept art</a>

I've tried many times to draw rubble, debris etc but have no idea where to start.
    Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi!

I am in the process of trying to teach myself a solid overview of 3d modeling and animation, using 3DS max. I am a uni student, so I have access to it for longer than the 30day trial.

So far, I have been watching Digital Tutor's and lynda.com's Intro to 3ds, and a gnomon here and there (all FANTASTIC!!! Worth every penny!). I am a fine artist with experience doing realist painting and sculpting, so modelling and texturing make sense to me; I just have to spend a few months learning the software, memorizing hotkeys and what does what, setting up a logical workflow and starting to build a portfolio.

Animation, I am clueless. All of the beginner's tutorials are either stuff that is completely obvious, or stuff that whizzes right by me.
    Vid 1: "Here's your ball. Move it here and hit record, then hit playback. Your first animation!"
    Vid 2: "Now you want to adjust your control curves using an IPO graph to freeze your rig and create an animation in tandem to help make the model animation friendly." Me: WAIT WAIT WAIT AAAGGGHHH *googles frantically, finds nothing, shakes fists in air*

Is there ANYTHING between that? Im looking for something that goes over the basic principles of 3-D animation in depth, from start to finish in a complex process, going far beyond "this is your bouncing ball!", explaining terms, concepts, what and why they're doing in a simple step by step process, explaining it like Im a complete idiot the whole time. (Using 3ds or maya would be great, but I really am just looking for the basic principles.)

Help?

Thanks!

[@hellsplumber - get lots of pictures of debris and rubble and rocks, and copy them until you learn how they work/could draw one from imagination. That's it really, for drawing anything and everything. There aren't any actual shortcuts in drawing. ]

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi everybody. WOuld love to know if anyone can teach me how to setup a picture of a movie still for making a digital painting study of it.

Members who have read this thread: 1