Gnomon School: 2 years vs. 3 years program
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Gnomon School: 2 years vs. 3 years program

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Gnomon School: 2 years vs. 3 years program

hey guys,

i have been looking at possibly attending Gnomon School next year to help get more higher education and hands on to help me greatly improve. i have been comparing their 2 yr program to their 3 yr program and i have been leaning towards their 3 yr program for classes that isnt being offered in the 2 yr one. from the looks of the school and classes, they teach everything that i want to know and learn.

so my question is this: what are people thoughts (or even experience) with the school and what they have to offer? also, how are people, who complete the program(s), likely to get a job in the art industry?

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    My daughter attended their MAYA Intensive program, and I have looked at the program for her. Gnomon does teach 3d CG. It has some great professors and very decent facilities.

With that said, I still wouldn't recommend them for a high school kid. If I were you, I would go to a traditional college such as Ringling, SCAD, Pratt, Calarts, Sheriden or Seneca College . Why?

First, I think having an accredited college degree will be important in the future.

Secondly, their three year program is a whopping $80,000(plus) in addition to room and board ,which isn't cheap in LA. For the same price you could easily get a full four year degree with the same training for probably less money, especially if you get some scholarship money.

Two years ago, Gnomon was a deal at around $60,000,but they raised their tuition considerably, which doesn't make them a good deal anymore. In fact their two year computer graphics program is $65,000 alone.

I wouldn't have a problem with them if you already had a college degree and wanted some good 3d training. I just don't think that they provide better training than a good four year program in animation, especially for the money.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Members who have read this thread: 2