Requested Tutorials
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Requested Tutorials

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Requested Tutorials

I just wonder where I could find some useful high guality stuffs? Especially I am looking for video tutorials, but only know the gnomon sites, but there I did not find what I am looking for. I am total beginner which find environments concept art/ speedpaint tutorials. (how to paint ocean, sky etc.)

Please could you recommend, where I could find some of these tutorials?
    Thank you a lot.

Last edited by Sepulverture; March 31st, 2010 at 10:51 AM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    idrawgirls.com is my favorite site and youtube has a few

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BrianGarabrant For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I know that site, but there is a lot of characters painting I need environemnts...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

How did this guy do this Photoshop trick??

Hey guys. I was just watching this guy's concept drawing and I was wondering if anyone knows what he did to make this quick set of windows for the skyscraper in the background. It looks like he made a custom brush and somehow scattered it into squares and made some copies, but it was too fast to tell exactly what settings he had.

The part I'm talking about is at 1:58 - 2:03

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXtmZ...Bvk&playnext=1

Could someone tell me how you would make a custom brush like that with separated squares? Thanks.

Zazerzs is offline ....bing me the bore worms Level 7 Gladiator: Samnite
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    looks like he took a brush and did a few rows on a separate layer, the brush looks set up to do a row at a time. Then he took that transformed in to the side of the building using the transform tool and then erased or adjusted the windows.

"Talent is a word found in the mouth of the lazy to dismiss the hard work of those who have achieved."
    Anatomy Thread
    Sketchbook
    Interested in learning more about color? Read this!
    Fletcher:Color Control

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I think I know where you are coming from. As funny as it seems, as far as videos go, watching Bob Ross videos have been extremely helpful in nailing speedpainting techniques. Although the videos are meant for leisure fun and for his design of oil paints, you can find wisdom in alot of what he explains, especially for anyone starting out, and again especially for speed painting. First thing im sure you might be asking is, "but I want to do this in digital, I don't want to have to go out and buy his stuff and oils or any for that matter." Well, you can easily do this by creating custom brushes in photoshop. A great tutorial video for this is David Levy's "From Speed Painting to Concept Art," which can be found on Gnomon's Site. This is course being watched after Bob Ross for awhile(which his videos can be purchased on his website). Keep in mind you can still further yourself with enviroments with a majority of videos from Gnomon, such as Feng Zhu's Thumbnail video for starters. Keep an open mind with most of them and you can find that you can apply most if not all the techniques and skills to other type of enviromental speedpaintings.(example most of his videos are leaned toward cities and technology, but can still be applied to mountains forests, etc.) From there work your way up with Ryan Church, James Clyne, and especially Scott Robertson. Back to the point, for strating out, Bob Ross I think was a speed painting genious, as well has his teacher William Bill Alexander, who also has videos.

Facebook: Bradley Kyle Medina or

http://www.facebook.com/theofficial8R4D

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Virulentus For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Coding in 3D

Hi . I'm new to 3D and I started blender to learn it . I see that blender is built with python . 3Ds Max has it's own scripting language . Does coding is necessary for 3D ? or is it just a choice ? . Cause I don't have much time to learn a new programming language.

and second question . What should i learn about rendering and renderers . Should I learn how to build one ?

thanks for the answers

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    If you're just interested in doing 3D art, you don't need to do any programming. It's useful for animation and if you wanted to, say, create a system to generate cityscapes on the fly, but other than that not so much.

And no, if you want to do 3D art, don't bother writing a renderer.

"I know the Way, know the Way, know the Way, know the Way" -Achilles' Last Stand

Tutorial: Realistic Perspective Renderings from 2D Line Art
    Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Help with Ink and Nib sketching

Hi,

Wondering if anyone can give me some tips/ point me in the direction of tips regarding ink and nib drawing. I'm not looking for lineart advice, this is for my observational drawings class. I'm struggling and feeling insanely clumsy. :blush:

Thanks in advance

“Talent is cheaper than table salt. What separates the talented individual from the successful one is a lot of hard work.” - Stephen King

My Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Need help: Coloring techniques in photoshop

Hi, I'm working on learning how to better my coloring in Photoshop. I color in a comic book style, using airbrush strokes for smoother shading and am now learning about the joys of adding in layer masks for shading, extra lighting and extra colorizing. I feel that my skin and other easy texture coloring is coming along great, such as this one that I colored in for a guy off of Deviantart:

(and I inked that )

But, then I move on to coloring something like the next drawing, which I commissioned to be drawn mostly to try to pry out some ideas of how to accomplish some of my coloring aspirations with the PSD that will come along with it...

And this starts to come into my problem. I'm not too happy with the Psychic blade for one, and this is really my first time coloring a type of energy special effect. But it made me realize that I can probably use more tips on how to do this, along with things like glasses, metals, and other types of reflective surfaces, along with future things like making backgrounds not look so noobish with pasted in photos and stuff.

For my coloring style, I mainly lay down the flats (different colors for different shadings, the boobs are a light blue for one, and a gray for another in my flats), then I use a soft, big airbrush with the Screen and Multiply brush styles to do the shading with my Intuos4 tablet. I'm running CS4. I normally don't use color dodge at all, and the burn doesn't come in until I need some really shaded areas, after which I normally go over it with a transparent normal brush of the same color.

I know it's probably a lot to read and take into account with, but I feel that with as much as I tell you about my style, the more that you could probably helpme. Any tips are greatly appreciated. I've now gotten about 4-5 of these images done in the past month in the half, so I am practicing (about 6+ hours a piece...)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'd like to request some perspective tutorials, covering a few points of basic 2 and 3 point perspective, and any intermediate and advanced aspects of perspective, so that I can start to populate the Perspective compilation sticky.

Thanks!

Sepulverture's Sketchbook Page 1 Page 19
    Sepulvertures Extended Studies Page 1
    page 2

Tutorials Tips and Tricks needs you to stay alive!"

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'd like to ask for another environment tutorial for making up environments from your head. I want to know how to make up cities, rooms, forests, sidewalks, alleys and so on.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

tips for convincing eye lines

Does anyone have any useful tips for creating convincing eye lines for their characters? I always struggle getting the characters I draw to look in the right place, looking down at an object they are holding for example.. they always end up slightly off and staring blankly out into space.

thanks

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Recently, I'm really onto Art Nouveau, I just adore that style. The problem is, that i can't find how to do it in ps. I tried so many things, but nothing works. So please if someone has tutorials about that style, post it here.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi there!

I have been trying to improve my line quality.. with little luck..

I've been doing a lot of master copies to try to see how professionals do their lines, but when I go to draw from my imagination, it's pretty clear that none of the techniques seem to have stuck (or even made a minor impact)..

Regardless, I'll keep drawing lots and lots, but I'm wondering if anyone has any exercises or advice on what/who to study, or how to study to improve?

Thank you for your time!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Does anyone remember a webpage that had pics of levels of work done in acrylics to finish an orange-firey image of a huge orc/troll with big muscles? I think I saw the link here originally but I am having zero luck finding the relevant thread.

I'm going crazy trying to find this tutorial, and I swear that I bookmarked it but cannot find it for the life of me.

Edit: FOUND IT! Who'd have thought the discussion was in the Art Discussion forum? If anyone's interested, this is the link.

Last edited by Candy Rain; October 12th, 2010 at 10:55 AM.
    ..:|sketches|:..

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Heyas,

I was hoping someone or a few people would be willing to share their techniques in conveying architectural patterns in speed paints. e.g., bricks (i try painting over photos but they never seem to look right)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Does any one know a good tutorial for tornado or is someone willing to make one? Thanx

Gurevich is offline You can't stop the signal Level 1 Gladiator: Andabatae
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I was just wondering if anyone had any good tutorials for drawing concept cars or cars in general. Thanks in advance!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wondering if someone provide me a matte painting tutorial. I couldn't find a comprehensive one in the net. I really need one.

TIA.

paintings for sale | artwork for sale

The true work of art is but a shadow of the divine perfection.
    - Michelangelo

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Is it just me, ore are there two threads for requesting tutorials stickied?

re: http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...47#post3067047

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Does anyone know of any Corel Painter tutorials? I prefer vids, but text will do too

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Feng Zhu designs is a great place for a wide range of digital art tutorials. He also has a school overseas if you have the cash.
    http://www.fengzhudesign.com/

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I think Photoshop is the easiest tutorial .

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi all, I don't know if this is the place to ask but...

I remember seeing a stickied thread on conceptart before that had an outline or curriculum of things you can exercise to be a better artist. I'm at the point in my art reeducation where I'd like a little direction and I thought those exercises would be the thing. Problem is that I can't remember where it is in conceptart's vast forums. I don't know who the poster is and I can't remember the title, I just know that it was very detailed (ie week1 do this, week2, do this, etc.).

If someone could PM me the link I would be eternally grateful.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    testing

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Smile Portraits painting

Hello Everyone,

I am request portraits painting for beginners tutorials, can anyone point me in the right direction I am complete new to freehand drawing.

Thanks

helen

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    PLEASE HELP! need help on sculpturing female figures and need reference on it too.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hi. i got some reference page in my journal. maybe it helps you

here

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi!

I am in the process of trying to teach myself a solid overview of 3d modeling and animation, using 3DS max. I am a uni student, so I have access to it for longer than the 30day trial.

So far, I have been watching Digital Tutor's and lynda.com's Intro to 3ds, and a gnomon here and there (all FANTASTIC!!! Worth every penny!). I am a fine artist with experience doing realist painting and sculpting, so modelling and texturing make sense to me; I just have to spend a few months learning the software, memorizing hotkeys and what does what, setting up a logical workflow and starting to build a portfolio.

Animation, I am clueless. All of the beginner's tutorials are either stuff that is completely obvious, or stuff that whizzes right by me.
    Vid 1: "Here's your ball. Move it here and hit record, then hit playback. Your first animation!"
    Vid 2: "Now you want to adjust your control curves using an IPO graph to freeze your rig and create an animation in tandem to help make the model animation friendly." Me: WAIT WAIT WAIT AAAGGGHHH *googles frantically, finds nothing, shakes fists in air*

Is there ANYTHING between that? Im looking for something that goes over the basic principles of 3-D animation in depth, from start to finish in a complex process, going far beyond "this is your bouncing ball!", explaining terms, concepts, what and why they're doing in a simple step by step process, explaining it like Im a complete idiot the whole time. (Using 3ds or maya would be great, but I really am just looking for the basic principles.)

Help?

Thanks!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 79