Thread: internships

Thanks

internships

heya
    ive seen a few people talk about getting internships at lucasarts, dreamworks etc.
    im just wondering how they got these opportunities. ive looked online and i cant find much info about it. (maybe im blind)
    so im just wondering whats the criteria for getting these internships, and also if theres any training involved, or if its mostly just gofer work. if anyone as any contact info and the like that would be great.

thanks!
    -------
    I wont fail now

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    I interned at Lucasarts three summers ago. I think they have a pdf available on their site for applying for an internship. they make a new one every year I think. Just thoroughly scour the jobs section and you should find it.

The number of interns they take and what the internship entails varies from year to year based on the needs of productions going on. Just follow the directions on the site, put together a portfolio of about twenty pages and/or a demo reel and send it in. ANy of the other stuff (MUST have a 3.1 GPA, three letters of reccommendation, etc.) is all formalities for the most part. If you're good and they have an opening, you'll get in.

You WILL be doing real work at LEC, not gofer type stuff. ILM (and I would assume Dreamworks) is different though. THere its more the usual internship where you do stuff like check books into the reference library. ILM seems to really value technical abgility over all else i.e., superior life drawing and painting abilities. At Lucasarts they look for well rounded artists with artwork more specific to what they were applying for (from what I saw anyways.).

Just send in your stuff then forget you ever applied, thats the best way to go about it. THen if you get an internship its a pleasent surprise...heh heh

-Sean

Thanks
    hey thanks man =)
    appreciate it
    -------
    I wont fail now