Thread: Insatiable Curiosity

Threaded View

ThomasM is offline Artist in training.... Level 11 Gladiator: Essedarii
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,024 Times in 879 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Hola compadres!

I have my reasons for not posting, and trust me, they aren't due to laziness. I've been working 6 months now: saving money and living at home, preparing to go to Ecuador in January. I decided to start learning a language, chose spanish, and now here I am three years later. I'm at an intermediate level (hard to quantify I know) due to self-tuition and I have worked hard to save to go away for a period of around half a year to fully immerse myself.

Anyway, as I leave in January I have been spending every waking minute studying spanish, and also doing a TEFL (teaching english) course. I will be finishing work on the 25th of November, and I will be back to posting again for around a month before I head off to South America. Once there I intend to fill a lot, and I mean A LOT, of sketchbooks with my experiences.

What I'm trying to say is that the recent lapse in work found in this sketchbook isn't due to just "tuning out" - but it was an intentional decision to prioritise another topic of study for a few months. I intend to return to England in June/July of 2012 and start TAD (something I am excited about even as I type it now)

And .... here are some sugar skulls which I hobbled together for a friend of mine who is getting a tattoo of the top-right skull

I'll be back in around two weeks when my contract finishes, to continue from where I've left off!

Name:  Craneos Otra.jpg
Views: 1534
Size:  385.3 KB

Sketchbook: INSATIABLE CURIOSITY

Tumblr:http://lovegraphite.tumblr.com/

"We make our own fortunes and we call them fate" - Benjamin Disraeli
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ThomasM For This Useful Post:

asa

Members who have read this thread: 45