Sketchbook: CG Addict's Sketchbook (warning: shameful nudity) - Page 6
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: CG Addict's Sketchbook (warning: shameful nudity)

kojot is offline Please!! simple english ^^ Level 5 Gladiator: Myrmillo
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey cgaddict

loots of great study here i waiting for something in colour or b&w

cheers dude

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

kojot is offline Please!! simple english ^^ Level 5 Gladiator: Myrmillo
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey cgaddict

loots of great study here i waiting for something in colour or b&w

cheers dude

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Mate do you have some kind of nuke power plant built into ya?

You're doings oooooo many studies , that i feel ashamed. stars for dedication and self discipline from me!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    knut: Thank you, glad you appreciate the studies. I wouldn't recommend studying my sketches however, as there's a risk you'll also be copying my mistakes in the process. I recommend studying the artists that I study from instead, such as Loomis and Hogarth.

Juhani Jokinen:
    Thank you, much appreciated. Checked out your sketchbook as well - you have some very strong work, very inspiring.

bakatron: Thank you, good point about the sense of weight on the figures, definitely lacking in that department. I'll try to get better in that regard

BlackDelphin:
    Thank you Don't really have a lot of free time on my hands, so updating daily might not be possible at this point, but I'll do my best to update constantly.

jskotte: Thank you. Right now I'm just concentrating on developing my skills in anatomy at the moment.

kojot: Thanks! I have some paintings in my blog if you're interested, don't really have much time for speedpaintings lately due to work, unfortunately

Icecold:
    I do actually Checked out your sketchbook btw, very good work - really digging the still lifes especially, very well done.

And for today's updates; Did a ton of different studies - K Chen, Hogarth, 45 sec Pose Maniac studies, photo studies, and work from the imagination. Really like K Chen's work, his approach is very similar to that of Hogarth's, definitely gonna do more studies of his figure works soon.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey! thanks for leaving a comment in my sketchbook, i was amazed with the first page's enviro studies, i love the 1st one, but i'm watching throu your sketchbook right now...

whoa, you've been sketching a lot lately!! i admire your determination to get better! i guess my only crit would be that, draw costumes, from refs and mind, like, let your imagination fly, right now, it seems as if you're just drawing dolls, try drawing diferent expressions in your studies (face's i mean), but i dunno, maybe you just don't want to create characters =P

anyways, you're doing good! keep it up! hope my comment helps you =) and thanks again for the visit

Give my sketchbook a visit and tell me what you think n.n

> S K E T C H B O O K <

My gallery

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    wow that is a ton of studies nice dedication there maybe try and do studies of some different body types too just a thought, stuff looks really good and thanks for dropping by my sb its good to know people are checking it out

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    killer studies my friend! keep it up! passion and dedication are the secret to success!

sketchbook

Melb gra-FIGHT CLUB is on!
    Details here.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for posting in my book, you definitely have some really good studies going on that's pretty much how i learned the body best so keep at it.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Maybe post some older colour work to get started. I got sick of all the white space in my own sketchbook today posted some slightly older colour work. Feel heaps beter!

Keep on truckin.

What's taters precious? Po - tay - toes!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Work those studies man! Wish I could get those figures from my head.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    cool studies ! you have a soft line of contour ,i like ... but some details sometimes on one draw will be cool .. i thik ! keep it !

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    DHTenshi: Thank you, wish I had more time to do more speedpaintings, but I paint enough as is due to work. I'm definitely gonna do clothed studies in the future as well, right now I'm concentrating on anatomy itself.

prsnsweeney: Thank you. I'm concentrating on drawing figures that look 'ideal', although I'll definitely take your advice in the future to do some different body types when I'm more comfortable in that regard.

knoxie: Appreciate it

Kvick:
    No problemo!

magicpudding: LOL lack of colors doesn't bother me at all to be honest when I'm drawing; I'm actually more comfortable working that way so I can just concentrate on my lines and values.

Max Power: Thanks - Hogarth studies are a huge help for me to help me draw from imagination, so I highly recommend studying his work.

I Nide: Thank you! I'll work on more detailed studies in the future, right now I don't want to fall into the trap of detailing too early (I tend to lose sight of more important things when I do that).

And for today's updates. I did a lot of practice from Vilppu's methods, and I admit they're much more difficult than they look, but they're also beneficial. Really helps me understand gesture better as well as thinking in 3D space. I need to practice more as I think his techniques can benefit me greatly in areas that I sorely need improving on... Additionally, I did a few Bridgman studies, photo studies, and imagination.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    have to say i like your drawings or figure studys. if its allowed i would recommend you to draw more figures from imaginations without to much details. and allways keep in mind that you should try to show the diffrent plains of the body. like you do from refences i see.
    it will make the figures mor solid.

thanks for sharing and keep posting.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Erkan: Thank you. I definitely agree with your suggestions, I'll apply what you said on my next set of sketches. Thank you for your honest feedback.

Here's a speedpaint I just completed:

Speedpaint/study of Bouguereau's 'Seated Nude'. Approximately 1 hour 40 minutes of work. Trying to get better with color (my palettes tend to get a bit over saturated at times) and skin tones, so I'm there's no better way to go than studying from the Old Masters. I learned a lot from this study (which is normally the case when I do these types of studies), so I'll definitely continue doing them.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Holy crap! You're studying your nuts off! Ha! Great stuff, dude! Are you finding that the figure doodles are helping you? I always think I should try to tackle a ton like that but I'm not sure how much study they'd actually be. Eventually I could see myself just copying stuff over and over mindlessly to get them done. lol Looking forward to more progress. Keep it up!

Black Spot is offline Pew, Pew, Pew Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,370 Times in 3,593 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    I find myself looking at your bottoms much too much. Other than you making the centre line curve too much and be a bit long, it's the relationship to the outsides that is not right. When a hip juts out, the stomach mirrors it and there are a fair few times when those lines don't correspond enough. Maybe take it slower for a few sketches to really observe before drawing that flowing line.

I didn't think it was possible to be called an artist when you have nothing to say. It's like being a writer who publishes individual words as books and expects to be praised for it.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for dropping by mate. Great studies you've got there. Looks like you have trouble with the proportions of the torso. The mass of the pelvis+midsection equals the mass of the ribcage in lenght if you measure them using the head width as a unit. It seems to me that you lose that relationship sometimes making some of your torsos look stretched. Also be more careful with how the legs attach to the pelvic area. Keep the attachment point of the femur and major muscles in mind. I'm looking forward to your next sketches.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for the encouraging words in my sketchbook! You've got a heck of a sketchbook going here. Your diligence is really inspiring. Don't really have much to say other than keep it going!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Love the painter-ly-ness of that last one. Do you usually do line work for a piece, or are you able to block in blobs of color and pull out the forms?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey CG addict,
    Really nice studies. Theses studies help a lot.
    I think you should try to undestand line quality. It´ll let your sketches with more quality. It´s good to now where you should put a strong line and thin lines to guide the eyes
    I dont know exactly where you can find it, but some video tutorials artists talk about that.
    Keep going!

Tizzy is offline Slow and steady wins the race Level 3 Gladiator: Catervarii
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow wow! those are A LOT of studies! And they are evidently paying off.
    My comliments for your dedication keep it up,I'll be back for more ispiration!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Man you have some sseerriioouuss studies going on! You do exactly what I always tell myself to do and never actually succeed to do ... After I finish some things in June I declare you to be my study role model and give it my best ;D thank you for the inspiration and keep going!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Burninggggggg through those pencil studies O_O

About that master study. You should go bold with colour, don't be scared! Add new ones on a separate layer if you need to. A good trick is to just change the hue (and not brightness/saturation) and paint that way. Put warmest colours next to the coolest ones, make them pop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Zebz: Why thank ya I find that focusing on one thing at a time helps me improve the most. Those figure doodles don't help me much - I'm actually going to drop that approach completely and focus more on gesture drawings instead.

Black Spot:
    Very good eye, I'll definitely try to be more aware of this in the future. Thank you for your honesty.

fantasyartist:
    My pleasure, you got some kick-ass work, so I couldn't help myself I kept what you said in mind for my recent sketches and had MUCH better results, thank you for that - you're the man!

namechange:
    Thank you, I'll keep it going!

Farquad: Thank you - my last Master Study was done w/o any linework (first time I used this approach for a Master Study I believe). In general, for my speedpaintings I never start off with line. However, when I start on a piece I plan to finish, I always start with line art for the figures, as I feel more comfortable that way, probably because I leave things less to chance that way. Backgrounds I generally focus on shapes as opposed to lines as well.

Luk999: Thank you. Line quality is something I definitely need some further study on, I'll definitely look into that soon. Thanks for your suggestion, appreciate it.

Tizzy: Thanks, much appreciated

Onisan:
    That's one hell of a compliment, thank you very much - I'm glad I can inspire with my studies. I think the trick is getting into the habit of practicing (almost) daily until your body gets used to it - it just gets easier in time that way... It's a lot like working out in that regard.

Donna:
    Why thank ya Great tip in regards to color; It's worth mentioning that I always start off very 'safe' with colors when I begin painting, but I will make an effort to be more bold with my colors earlier on during the painting process.

And for today's updates. I pretty much did studies of everyone; Vanderpoel, Vilppu (his gesture approach is amazing, definitely gonna practice more in that regard), Bridgman, and a ton of Imagination work as well. I learned a lot (especially on the bone structure and muscles in the upper and torso studies).

Last edited by cgaddict; May 29th, 2010 at 11:24 PM.

bakatron is offline toronto blue jays fan... i'm serious.... stop laughing at me okay?? Level 5 Gladiator: Myrmillo
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    your imagination, sir, has a lot of space for boobs.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey man ! it seems you're not doing as much head studies as body studies ! well facs and hands are the most important thing in a character design, so study them, you should also draw the face on your body studies, or you'll suck at body/head's connection !! nice vilppu's gesture studies ! i do the same and it's really helping me to see the figure in space ! keep up the hard work !

Where bears with balalaykas are on the Red Square
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I see you're hardworker - and you doing great with anatomy studies. Probably would've be nice to do as well pencil shapes and figures rendering. But too bad you're doing small amount of digis, because they actually very good - you've got nice feel of colour.

Anyway keep going man, maybe try to do few full concept-arts. Cheers!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You're really pushing hard the studies so congrats! Really don't have anything to crit now but i felt like you deserve the bravos. Try show us some painted drawings. Keep it up!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow, I feel so inadequate. o.o" I don't know how I'm ever going to be of any help when it comes to critiquing here...everyone I look at is soooo good! XD; Keep up the fabulous work!

"Ideas are bulletproof." - V
    ~Sketchbook~
    ~Moar dumb arts~
    ~Photography~
    ~Silly videos~
    ~Ye olde Tegaki~

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You're welcome I do the other way around, start off with 'weird' colours and end up painting with 'normal' ones. The 'weird' ones show through anyway

And the studies, well, wow. That's a looooooot

Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 12