Sketchbook: CG Addict's Sketchbook (warning: shameful nudity) - Page 4
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi! Thanks for the comment and advice in my SB. Love all the studies! Nice work!

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    What am I doing here? I should be pushing pencil to the paper trying to catch up to you! The amount of work you do is nutz. haha.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    maan, looks like you're dead serious 'bout those weaknesses? kudos to that. keep it up!
    loving those studies on enviroments btw, you've got a keen eye on color. just lovely.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    andrea w: Me? A machine?! Blasphemy! I'm actually a cyborg

Twan: Thank you. I actually completed a Pin-Up, which you can view in this thread if you're interested.

young paddy1: Thank you; I've been hearing a lot about my colors not looking right lately, I think my monitor calibration is messed up, I'll definitely look into that. I definitely agree with you about drawing/painting form life, I'll do so when I get the chance. Thanks for your honesty and suggestions, much appreciated.

soros: No problem, glad you appreciate it

Wilko: Thank you, and yes, PoseManiacs + Loomis is a killer combination

Black Spot: Thanks, I'll definitely do some more of those little caricatures as well, there always a lot of fun

Luk999:
    Thanks, will do!

mike butkus: Appreciate it.

kingkostas: Thank you, I'll do my best

NicG: No problemo, glad you like my work as well.

Farquad: LOL thank you. Drawing is my new addiction Looking forward to seeing that finished portrait as well, it's already looking great!

adraude: I'm dead serious indeed I figure the more hard work I do now, the easier life will be in the future, so I'll definitely be busting my ass off with these studies for quite some time.

And for today's updates. I started doing studies on the torso based on the works of Bridgman, Loomis, and Hogarth. I really enjoy Hogarth's approach the most in regards to how he breaks down the torso, so I'll definitely be studying that with more care. Additionally, I did several Photo Studies, figures from imagination, and finally, some 45 second PoseManiac studies.

I've learned an incredible amount with these studies, so I'll definitely keep doing these throughout the week:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thumbs up

UWWOOO.....great studies man, as always!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Matindas For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Brilliant update. I can't believe how clean your lines are! Your torsos look a bit elongated sometimes though, might wanna watch that. Oh and don't kill your hands, please tell me you stretch every once in a while :s

8. The Following User Says Thank You to andrea w For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    All your torsos from imagination are too long. Best thing that helped me was when I constantly checked the sizes and lengths relative to the last part I drew. Head vs shoulders vs chest vs hip box vs thighs vs shins vs feet. Hope that made some sense...lol.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Chaser226 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    andrea w: Thanks, although I think I have a very long way to go in terms of my lines; I feel they're a bit too angular at the moment, making my work seem a bit stiff, so I have to work on that. Regarding my hands, I actually have a huge bump on one of my fingers, I've always had this problem since I was a child, usually happens when I draw for too long or put too much pressure on my hand.... Oh well, if something goes wrong I can always draw with my feet

Chaser226: Thanks for your honesty, I'll definitely work on that. Great tip as well, I'll definitely be incorporating it when I'm sketching.

Here's a new speedpainting, a collaboration - Bakatron did the awesome lines for this piece, I handled the shading/colors. Not sure how I feel about this piece to be honest, I think it's the skin tones that aren't really working, but I thought I'd show it anyway:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    looking good as usual.
    You have a point about the colors but it´s hard to tell at this stage i would say get some shadows in there and look at it again, might be easier to tell.
    Something i just noticed is her right arm is sligthly off.
    Keep it up

kojot is offline Please!! simple english ^^ Level 5 Gladiator: Myrmillo
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You are freak robot

I very like tons of silhouette

cheers and keep it up!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    wow man, seriously wow. the amount of work and dedication you have... wow. i need to be working this hard. this thread is inspiring. love your loomis stuff, looks great. glad to see that it's paying off for you as well. that makes me want to keep working at it. man your paintings are really impressive. do you always start with color or do you lay down value first? it looks like you just go right to color. and how the heck to you pick your colors, your eye must be great cause i can't seem to find color to save my life. anyway, i don't want to grill you with questions. just impressed with your work. wanted to stop bye and say great work!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey there thank you so much for visiting my sketchbook! I really admire your paintings and the nudity studies, great work so far! I think im going to have to do some more nudity studies of my own soon!

(oh, and to answer your question i use mechanical pencil with HB lead )

Sophie "Bellanisiwe" DC's Links:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,330 Times in 1,015 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    cool sketchbook man

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ok, so here's how it's gonna be. I'm going to out-draw you one of these days. I'm not saying it'll look pretty. But I will draw more.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hahaha I wouldn't be surprised if you ended up having to draw with your toes at this rate... You'd probably do it damn well, too

I really like the latest painting, and I think the skintones look fine. A bit too saturated perhaps? Looking good anyway

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    DK_sketch: Thank you. I'm probably going to repaint this one in the future, we'll see.

kojot: Appreciate it

PermaN00b: Thank you very much, it's great to hear that. Glad ya dig my paintings as well I always start with colors first (although when I first began painting digitally, I did started off completely in greyscale). As for how I pick colors, I do everything manually using Photoshop's HSB slider, and I'm constantly thinking of the best color combination for each scene. Studying color theory is a huge help as well, as it makes you more conscious of which colors to pick when painting. Feel free to ask me all the questions you want btw, don't mind at all. Thanks again for your support

Bella DC: No problem, you have some amazing line work, very inspiring. Thanks for answering my question as well, much appreciated.

Krato: Appreciate it

Farquad: *breaks a bottle of Corona* It's on!

andrea w: I'll do it if I have too lol I think you're right about the skintones, I'm probably going to repaint the whole thing then just struggling with the colors.

.................................................. ..

Today's updates! As I mentioned previously, I'll be studying the torso and pelvis for the weeks to come; More specifically, I'll be studying Hogarth's approach as it seems to be the most beneficial for me. It can be a bit tricky, but I think I'm getting the hang of it. Also drew some faces from imagination using Loomis' approach, and lots of figures from imagination as well. Overall I learned a lot, so I'll definitely keep it going.

And that'll be all. As for speedpaints, I've decided to put them on hold for the time being. I'm currently working for a company that requires me to paint a few images per day, so I feel that's practice enough for me at this point.

Thanks in advance for any critiques/feedback as well.

Last edited by cgaddict; April 13th, 2010 at 12:59 PM. Reason: forgot to make everyone's name bold... forgiveness please :d

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I feel all productive then come by here and realize I must do more! heh. Keep it up!

Black Spot is online now Pew, Pew, Pew Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,375 Times in 3,596 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Excellent studies. Butts could be a bit perkier in places, but lots of movement in the torsos.

I didn't think it was possible to be called an artist when you have nothing to say. It's like being a writer who publishes individual words as books and expects to be praised for it.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for the comment! Loving all the studies you have here, the hard work will pay off, especially if you keep this pace! Your doing all the right things, I like how your testing your imagination after...Its the best way!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Your dedication is really inspiring.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You seems to have shitloads of dedication! Keep it up, cause practice is always good! Nothing more to add about that.
    1 idea though: you make lots of studies and figures from imagination, but maybe you could mix it up a bit by doing more concepts, environments etc., and posting that also here. I just say this so that you don't get burnt out by doing the same stuff over and over again, and if you show your other things we can comment on those as well.
    For example on the first page I really like your color studies, they are nice and crisp.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    flawless use of hogarth's box technique, i'm trying it and its really hard. did you use a ruler for those boxes becuase they are like machine accurate. nice work

hi

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    nice new studies :]

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Blondebeard: Excellent, glad to hear that!

Black Spot: Thanks, I'm definitely keeping that in mind now when I sketch them out.

JustinBeckett: Thank you very much, I'll do my best to keep up at this pace. It's a bit more difficult now that I have paintings to finish up for work, but I'll definitely make an effort.

ohdear: Appreciate it

hungryan: Thank you. I noticed I'm having more success doing studies that concentrate on one thing at a time - I know that might be a bit boring for the viewer at times, but it's important that I work in a way that's the most beneficial for me. With that said, I'm glad you like the color studies, learned a lot with those.

ModestMouse: Thank you; Hogarth's method definitely takes some time to get used to, so keep at it! I never use a ruler for any studies on the figure - only sparingly for some perspective practice. The trick to getting straight lines right is to practice drawing them at different directions.

towy: Appreciate it!

And for some updates; I haven't been able to draw as much due to work, so I apologize for not updating this thread for a few days. I did manage to get a lot of studies done yesterday and today, which I'll post below. Lots of torso studies, from reference photos, imagination, and Hogarth. I also did some heads from imagination using Loomis' method, which I'm having a blast with.

And that'll be all! Thanks in advance for any feedback. As always, it's very much appreciated.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Sweet update man! Those heads are looking better each time! Not much I can say other than keep doing what you're doing!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You're a study machine! Great stuff.

My Site
    Please comment on my sketchbook!
    Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow man, you're like the energizer bunny! Keep on going!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Oh wow, gotta love your dedication and all your hard work you put into your studies! Very motivating and inspiring. Also love the colors in your digital works...keep up the great work!

>> My Sketchbook <<

[SKETCH/CREW]
    ]Hanny & Cyprinus

"The mind is everything. What you think you become." - Buddha

lhazar is offline If you read this, you're not drawing. Go! Level 3 Gladiator: Catervarii
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    That's some crazy dedication you have right there. I wish I was madder!

Keep at it

When my daughter was about seven years old, she asked me one day what I did at work. I told her I worked at the college - that my job was to teach people how to draw.
    She stared back at me, incredulous, and said, "You mean they forget?"

Howard Ikemoto

My Website

My CA Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yeahh man! keep doing those studies, the ones from imagination don't look bad at all!

Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 12